EUROTAS – founded as a network of friendships and evolving as professional joint ventures
At these conferences, one still feels part of the original EUROTAS family. What makes the European Transpersonal Association so special is its unique way of merging spirituality with scientific rigor, providing increased opportunities for cooperation, scholarship and exchange.
EUROTAS Vision statement: A conscious and compassionate world where
everyone holds everything as sacred.
EUROTAS Mission statement: To integrate ancient wisdom and new science in
EUROTAS Values: Compassion, cooperation, creativity, co-creation, sharing,
interconnectedness, responsibility, confidence, trust, openness, honesty, integrity,
humor, mindfulness, diversity, acceptance, tolerance, willingness surrender,
sacredness, solidarity, forgiveness, respect, care, humility.
EUROTAS as a network of professionals
EUROTAS is a meeting point for professionals from over 20 European countries, Israel, Russia, Moldova, Ukraine, Australia and the US. Professionals come from the field of social sciences and further afield, including psychologists, psychotherapists, and social workers, scientists from other disciplines, businessmen, and spiritual teachers.
Their aims in a joint venture is to create better understanding and evaluation of how
• individual and collective exploitation of resources can be stopped
• the alienation of humankind can be overturned
• gender differences can be overcome for the sake of a more humane world
• the split between hatred and love can be healed
Psychologists talk about the evolution of consciousness which is the basis of understanding and problem solving. The evolution of consciousness today may also include acknowledging ignorance, greed and anxiety as some of the main reasons for suffering in the world, and the prospect of their transformation into creativity and compassion. There are huge undiscovered reservoirs of individual and collective creativity and deep potential for modern sophisticated rationality, that expresses an urgently appeal for union. With this transformation the world may well experience a huge meltdown that will set the energies of understanding, love and creativity free. There must be enough clarity and rigor in vision to face the damage of one-sided rationalism from the past; compassion, creativity and courage will ultimately override economic, ecological, and social pessimism which is unfortunately, one of the biggest obstacles for the resolution of difficulties we face today.
The professional network
EUROTAS currently hosts six departments: The European Society of Transpersonal Psychotherapy (ESTP); the EUROTAS Division of Transpersonal Research (EDTR); the EUROTAS Division of Transpersonal Art Therapies (EDTAT); the EUROTAS Department of Transpersonal Education (EDTE); the department of Coaching and Social Change (DTCSC) and the department of Indigenous Knowledge and Anthropology (EDIKA). We also have created the « Youth Council » to give space to the younger generation and their creativity and resources.
At present the core of ESTP is the EUROTAS Committee for Certification and Accreditation (ECCA). Professional therapists are invited to apply for the European Certificate of Transpersonal Psychotherapy from this department. After certification their profiles will be published on the EUROTAS website. Training institutes, corresponding to the ESTP/ECCA criteria, are also invited to be accredited by EUROTAS.
EUROTAS is co-editor of the scientific journal The Integral Transpersonal Journal of Arts, Sciences and Technologies.
EUROTAS provides an online Newsletter, where all members can publish transpersonal news of events and short articles of interest.
Becoming a member of EUROTAS
Membership is open to the following categories:
- Organizational members: Transpersonal associations and training institutes from different countries country.
• Professional members: specialists who are certified by EUROTAS and have received the European Certificate of Transpersonal Psychotherapy.
• Individual members: individuals engaged in the field of psycho-spiritual evolution can become individual members and engage in the EUROTAS network as a community of exchange.
• Honorary and Lifetime members: individuals with special contribution in the transpersonal field.
EUROTAS organizes a conference each year on current themes of transpersonal psychology, transpersonal art, transpersonal business and/or spirituality. Conferences are open to anyone who is interested in participating after application. Professionals are also encouraged to bring new research project and theories to the conference.
There are regional groups who are part of national transpersonal organizations, who meet regularly and hold professional meetings and symposiums in several countries.
|2006||VIII||VAL DE LA LOIRE PARIS||FRANCE|
Dry facts about EUROTAS
- EUROTAS is legally registered as an association in Austria. The association has an executive board with 10 board members, a vice-president and a president. The board is chosen by the general assembly who meets once a year at the annual conference. More details may be found on the website.
• EUROTAS has a central office currently in Riga/Latvia. All suggestions, questions and contacts can be directed to the office via email or phone. Details may be found on the website.
• All information about EUROTAS may be found on its website www.eurotas.org, which is maintained and updated regularly.
What is transpersonal?
No human being on earth can live beyond the personal. All human beings share the need to be nourished and to live safely. All human beings share the preciousness of life in a human body. The majority of humans share the suffering and anxiety connected to the impermanence of their life-circumstances. The majority of humans suffer from death-anxiety, which narrows perspectives and reduces the choice for life. Transpersonal Psychology has discovered that immense potentials of joy, creativity, richness, and love are available to each individual and the collective as a whole, when anxiety is confronted as a basic life condition. There is an option to enhance awareness and transform anxiety to compassion, love and wisdom. Transpersonal work is about evolving consciousness, whilst seriously taking note of a person’s basic needs. This opens a broader and deeper perspective to the circumstances one faces in life, recognizing an all-encompassing inter-relatedness between humankind and in an ecological sense as well.