EUROTAS NEWSLETTER No. 55
14 June 2009
Board of Administrators: Vitor Rodrigues; President, Hans-Peter Weidinger, Bernadette Blin-Lery, Elena Francisc, Ingo Jahrsetz and Beata Bishop
Newsletter Editor: John Drew, Newsletter Executive: Erich Meier
This newsletter is about the Milan Conference but there is also other news from Findhorn, Jorge Ferrer, our webmaster Erich Meier and our President as well as an update on Milan from Pier Luigi Lattuada
- The 11th EUROTAS Conference, Milan, Italy 15-18 October 2009
- The EUROTAS Website – eurotas.org and eurotasitaly2009 has details of how to register
- See below for pre and post conference workshops
- 13 October pre-conference workshop. See 3 below
- 14 October EUROTAS Delegates Meeting. All invited to attend but only Delegates may vote
- 15-18 October 11th Eurotas Conference hosted by Pier Luigi and his colleagues from Om
- 19-20 October - post-conference workshop. See 4 below
- Note from the President
- An invitation to Milan from Pier Luigi Lattuada
- October 12-13 Pre-conference Workshop - Dimensions of the Consciousness – Holotropic Breathwork
- October 19-20 Post- Conference Workshop. Take a walk on the dreaming body- A shamanic experience – Pier Luigi Lattuada
- A new book and letter from Jorge Ferrer
- News from Findhorn
- The EUROTAS WEBSITE
- News of EUROTAS Associations
- Zarathustra and the Transpersonal
- Last Words
Dear friends and Delegates of EUROTAS:
We are getting closer to our next Congress in Milan thanks to Pier Luigi Lattuada and his hard working crew. They have received over 100 high quality proposals for presentations of different kinds and are doing their best to accommodate them. We look forward to another great event of sharing and deepening our knowledge and relationships. Light and Love. We encourage everybody to apply to the Conference within the shortest possible delay.
Also if you have any suggestions or volunteer contributions to EUROTAS please let us know about them (my contact is, as you may know, email@example.com). Please take some time to take a look at, and participate in, our EUROTAS Forum (directly from our website -see 7 below). It is an important way for sharing ideas, thoughts, comments, and will help to build a better Conference and a better Association. It would be lovely if you could contribute.
We have recently agreed the fees for EUROTAS membership both for individuals and associations. This is €60 for individuals and €150 for associations. These can be discounted in certain cases, so please join!
Meanwhile, we hope this time more delegates from member countries will be able to give us with some input about what is going on in their countries and their Associations. You can do this also, preferably before the Conference, so that we can have some information to share and comment on. For instance, I see that Jure Biechonsky, from the Estonian Association asked for people interested in going there and sharing their experiences. I was one of the few people who answered along with John Rowan. I actually spent a great time in Estonia!
Vitor Rodrigues, PhD
President of EUROTAS
The organisation of the 11th EUROTAS Conference continues well.
The phase of collecting papers has been closed with the acceptance of 115 speakers divided into 18 working groups by the Scientific Board, 10 sessions and round tables and 56 workshops.
Because we will have a high number of participants there will be a reduced price for attendance until June 30.th so please sign up before then if you have not done so already and invite your friends if you wish to come too.
On the website, you will find the entire programme and the list of participants, together with how to register at the reduced price
The full programme is on the website. You will see we have lectures from Stan Grof and Lazlo. There are other great speakers, the Soul of Europe Concert and quiet times for meditation and meeting with fellow participants.
You will find at 9 below my article on Zarathustra and the Transpersonal
3. October 12-13 Pre-conference Workshop - Dimensions of the Consciousness – Holotropic Breathwork with Hans Peter Weidinger and HB staff - Elena Francisc, Ingo B. Jahrsetz & Anna Maurer
Holotropic Breathwork - developed by Stan and Christina Grof - relies on a combination of more frequent and deeper breathing (hyperventilation), evocative music, process-oriented bodywork and intuitive drawing (Mandala-drawing). This setting evokes non-ordinary states of consciousness which enable an access to deeper layers of our soul and to spiritual dimensions of our consciousness. The participants are encouraged to express and let happen all emotions, movements, sounds, memories and pictures that surface. After the breathwork-session the experiences will be shared among the participants and integration into the everyday state of consciousness will be enhanced. The experiences - on a personal, transpersonal and spiritual level - are in connection with the current live situation and can help to make a further step in our development.
Fee: €180 for further details see website.
4. October 19 -20 Post- Conference Workshop. Take a walk on the dreaming body- a shamanic experience – Pier Luigi Lattuada and BTE Staff
Biotransenergetics is a poetic fire, an Integral Medicine, a Transpersonal Psychotherapy. It wants to learn to recognize the sacred creative yearning of life and to honour its laws, to “master the Transe”
When we master the Transe, we can "make one from two", which means to create the condition to overcome any conflict, that is just the contraposition between two opposite forces. When we master the Transe, we become able to transform any enemy into an ally, any symptom into a message, any force into our own force.
We can get to know the forces of the earth, of the water, of the air, of the fire, and then harmonize with them.
We can consider every event: an emotion or a wish, an obsessing thought or a guardian angel as a field which it is possible to enter the Transe with.
When we master the Transe, we can contact the source and we are able to embody the force of the forests and the ocean, the animals and the stones, the waterfalls and the moon, as a manifestation of Divine.
Monday 10 a.m.-1 p.m.; 2, 30 p.m. 6 p.m.
Tuesday 10 a.m.-1 p.m.; 2, 30 p.m. 5 p.m.
Fee: €150 for further details see website
Many will remember Jorge Ferrer from the London Conference and his book “Revisioning Transpersonal Psychology” He writes:
Dear friends of EUROTAS,
Greetings. I am delighted to let you know that the paperback edition of The Participatory Turn: Spirituality, Mysticism, Religious Studies (SUNY Press, 2008), is coming out this July and can be now pre-ordered at the SUNY Press web page: http://sunypress.edu/details.asp?id=61696
Given the prohibitive cost of the hardcover edition, some of you asked me to keep you informed about this release. I hope the book may be of interest for you and your research.
The Participatory Turn
Cuts through traditional debates to argue that religious phenomena are co-created by human cognition and a generative spiritual power.
Can we take seriously religious experience, spirituality, and mysticism, without reducing them to either cultural-linguistic by-products or simply asserting their validity as a dogmatic fact? The contributors to this volume argue that we can, and they offer a new way: the “participatory turn,” which proposes that individuals and communities have an integral and irreducible role in bringing forth ontologically rich religious worlds. They explore the ways this approach weaves together and gives voice to a number of robust trends in contemporary religious scholarship, including the renewed study of lived spirituality, the postmodern emphasis on embodied and gendered subjectivity, the admission of alternate epistemic perspectives, the irreducibility of religious pluralism, and the pragmatist emphasis on transformation—all trends that raise serious challenges to the currently prevalent linguistic paradigm.
The first part of the book situates the participatory turn in the context of contemporary Religious Studies; the second part shows how this approach can be applied to various global traditions, ancient and contemporary, from Western esotericism to Jewish mysticism, Christianity, Hinduism, Sufism, and socially engaged Buddhism
With my warmest regards,
FOR OUR ONLINE VERSION, please follow this link http://www.findhorncollege.com/newsletters/090406.php
UPCOMING SHORT COURSES AND DAY-LONG WORKSHOPS
FINDHORN COLLEGE NEWS
California Institute of Integral Studies - staff visits and seminars Clara Lindstrom, Associate Coordinator of Public Programmes at the California Institute of Integral Studies participated in Experience Week in February. A number of other CIIS staff will be visiting Findhorn in the next few months and discussing plans to bring CIIS student groups to Findhorn in 2010.
More information: Prof. Allan Combs and Prof. Richard Tarnas seminars.
The College hosted Tony Hodgson of the International Futures Forum (IFF) for a day-long workshop for members of the Findhorn Community using a new facilitation/consultancy tool called the World Game. This process helps participants to work with complex problems in a holistic way.
The website is now, thanks largely to our webmaster, Erich Meier working well. Please note it is now available and do visit it - http://www. eurotas.org/ and in particular look at the activities in the Forum to which you can contribute. National Associations are represented on the EUROTAS website and notes about your Association can be updated at any time. You can place articles and abstracts on the website and to do so is relative simple.
If you have mailing lists that you can make available to EUROTAS, then the Newsletter can be sent to all your members and Erich can arrange this very easily and electronically. Please contact him on firstname.lastname@example.org to inform him of what you would like to do and he will arrange this with you.
As regards articles and other abstracts for the website please send these both to Erich and to me email@example.com so that I can clear them with the Board of EUROTAS if necessary and also help with any editing of short notes etc if English is not your mother tongue.
Please let the editor have a paragraph about your Association as that is where the work is being done and others would like to read about what you are doing. You can also put it on the website - see 9 above
The message of Zarathustra to the Transpersonal Community
P. L. Lattuada M.D., Ph.D.
- I love him whose soul is so overfull that he forgets himself, and all things are in him: thus all things become his down-going.
- What does it mean to forget himself? I don’t understand…
- It means to be like heavy drops falling one by one out of the dark cloud that lowered over man: they herald the coming of the lightning, and succumb as heralds.
- Are you talking about let yourself apart from yourself?
- What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not a goal: what is lovable in man is that he is an OVER-GOING and a DOWN-GOING.
- Are you talking about not-attachment? I’m talking about giving birth to a dancing star into the chaos
- This way you are confusing me. Give me a reference, a mode, a vision, an outlook, with I can look the world.
- Lightning out thunderbolt of the dark cloud--man -
- do you think that if I’d look the world with the Transpersonal Vision eyes, this could help me to understand you?
- Transpersonal is a word easy to pronounce, like love, trust, compassion, consciousness: the sea where can your great contempt be submerged.
- Yes, but it I also a word difficult to under stand, more than your cryptic metaphors: Trans- personal, beyond the person, beyond the mask, the role, the character. Beyond themselves and their proper attachments, ultimately.
- Where is the frenzy with which you should be inoculated?
- I want to say that having an interpretative model of the reality; it helps me to know where am I. Every direction offers models, somehow.
- I love him who scattered golden words in advance of his deeds, and always does more than he promised: for he seeks his own down-going.
- Do you want to say that the unique words that deserve to be pronounced are those that suggest silence?
- I love him who reserved no share of spirit for himself, but wanted to be wholly the spirit of his virtue:
- You talk about wisdom, I’m interested in join it, don’t you think that the Trans personal model could offer to the heroes on the way a good map to orientate himself?
- I love him whose soul is lavish, who wanted no thanks and do not give back: for he always bestowed, and desired not to keep for himself.
- I’m referring to the different trans personal models, drawn to accompany the consciousness during its evolutionary day: I think on Wilber model, that outline a scanned way by pre-personal, personal and trans-personal phases, or at the Grof’s model, that defines 4 different evolutive stages of the interior experience and that delineates a process of abstract experience, till biographic and death and rebirth experience, to the big ocean of the trans personal experiences.
- I love him who is ashamed when the dice fall in his favour.
- You talk to me about the goal, but I’m interested on the journey, don’t you think that could be helpful, for our civilized society, to introduce transpersonal concepts on his proper cultural heritage? Those that about the heroes’ trip, or the Campbell’ monomyth, or else the Wilber Spiral Dynamics?
- I love him who makes his virtue his inclination and destiny.
- I understand that you agree with Wilber and with his theory about the “4 quadrants”. At a glance, it wants to remind that to access to the knowledge of self it’s not enough but it’s also necessary to behave in the world as real wise men, making a culture and contribute to the construction of a society with wisdom as point of reference.
- I love those who do not first seek a reason beyond the stars for going down and being sacrifices, but sacrifice themselves to the earth that the earth of the Superman may hereafter arrive.
In the Tantric tradition of Tibetan Buddhism are considered three kinds of knowledge.
Nirmanakaya is knowledge that can be expressed through language; the knowledge transmitted through maps and models, the most crude and limited as everyone knows is the least accustomed to the inner experience. Nirmanakaya is the finger that indicates the moon.
Sambogakaya knowledge is accessible through the experience, the situations of life. Situations that often Life, God, the Supreme Consciousness, the Director of Heaven, the Case, the Master, The Self, or you want to conceive, it give us the opportunity for a leap in consciousness. Sambogakaya is the experience of the moon.
Dharmakaya is the crazy wisdom, that is over the mind, that of the enlightened master, of Padhmasambava or Zarathustra. Dharmakaya is the true nature of the moon.
In our little of heroes in travel, human people en route to the trans-personal dimension: what rope tied between animal and super-human, a rope stretched over an abyss; in our little – I’m saying, here we are committed with the 11th EUROTAS Conference. Who was an organizer, who as speaker, who as a participant, who as a supporter, to each his own. Everyone in the sight of the opportunity that the Self offers in order to test your ability to go beyond oneself, the ambush that the Master offers to gauge his "transpersonality".
Basically we are a community, a circle, a virtual tribe that "semel in anno" becomes real. A community made up of glances and words, gestures and emotions, behaviors and thoughts, of flesh and bones.
A community that can measure looking into the eyes, holding by the hand, observing itself existing on our level of trust and compassion, love and responsibility. A community that in front of their needs and wishes, fears and aspirations, needs and beliefs may take the opportunity of dying to itself and choose the true nature of the moon: the courage to open the door of the share, to dare the unit.
A community that can produce culture and wisdom and may do starting from little daily signs, that little signs that go over themselves, beyond protagonism and beliefs, sympathy and antipathy, interests and personal calculations, beyond judgement and identifications, in a word: Beyond the Mind.
10. Last Words
Hope to see you at the Milan Conference!