No. 83 - Nov 30, 2017
No. 83 - Nov 30, 2017
NEWSLETTER Nr. 83
November 30, 2017Board of Administrators: President Bernadette Blin, Jure Biechonski, Pier Luigi Lattuada, Ingrida Indane, Jaume Mestres, Magda Sole, Lyudmila Scortesca, Vladimir Maykov, Regina U Hess, Jörg Fuhrmann, Dennis Johnson Newsletter Editor: Lindy McMullin
TABLE OF CONTENTSEDITORIAL
- Page 2….Edito Newsletter Fall 2017 from the EUROTAS President Bernadette Blin
- Page 3…. III Global Transpersonal Symposium in Veracruz – Jaume Mestres
- Page 3…. Integral Transpersonal Journal – Giovanna Calabrese
- Page 4…. Sacred Science Circle – Rosemarie Anderson
- Page 4…. Going Beyond Limitations – 4th Symposium of the International Institute forConsciousness Exploration and Psychotherapy (I.I.B.P.) – Ingo Jahrsetz & Jaume Mestres
- Page 5…. 3-year transpersonal training course in South Korea and Germany – Ingo Jahrsetz
- Page 6…. The Healing Field – 4-year training course in Transpersonal Psychotherapy – Rainer Pervoeltz and Dr Ingo Jahrsetz
- Page 6…. New Event at GRETT – Muriel Rojas
- Page 7…. Blending Psychology and Spirituality – Connie Miller
- Page 8…. Building Light Bridges – Mark Wentworth
- Page 8…. Life Light – Advancing Light for Health – Mark Wentworth
- Page 9…. The Monroe Institute’s Gateway Voyage – Linda Leblanc
- Page 10…. Monroe Institute’s Sound Technology Courses in Europe – Linda Leblanc
- Page 11…. The Transpersonal Language of the Body – Pneuma Transpersonal Training – Renzo Menapace
- Page 12…. Pneuma Transpersonal Training – Juan Ruiz Naupari
- Page 13…. Feeding The Soul Photo Book – Valentina Lattuada
- Page 13 …. Writing for Bliss – Diana Raab
- Page 14 …. Healing the Western Soul: A Spiritual Homecoming for Today’s Seeker – Judith Miller
- Page 15 …. Psychology in the Light of the East – Margot Esther Borden
- Page 16 …. Launch and Call for Reviewers- Coming Home – Regina U Hess
- Page 17…. New EUROTAS membership category for academics and researchers – Regina U Hess
- Page 18… Eco Art Therapy – Jana Merhautova
- Page 19…. Deep listening and healing workshop at the Conference in Prague – Vineta Lagzdina
- Page 19…. Letter from the Editor – Lindy McMullin
EDITO NEWSLETTER FALL 2017Last month, the transpersonal community met in Prague, and more than 1000 participants attended from all over the world. One of the many gifts this event gave was the opportunity to meet new people and create new connections around the same field of interest. Prague is in the very center of Europe and it was very moving to see so many people gathering in what we can consider to be the heart of old Europe. This conference had a multitude of aims. It was organized as a tribute to Stan Grof (the Czech Republic is his homeland), for his dedicated life to the transpersonal and his considerable contribution to this new discipline and it was also a celebration of the 25th anniversary of the 1992 ITA conference that Stan and Christina Grof organized in Prague, commemorating the re-opening of the country after the collapse of communism. For many of us who were there 25 years ago, it was a historical moment not only for the transpersonal community but for the country as well, and therefore it was wonderful to meet again this year. If I look at this 2017 conference from the point of view of EUROTAS, I would say it was a great opportunity to get in touch with new people from Europe but also from other continents, people who had never heard about EUROTAS before, but who showed interested in our activities. For the first time, we really set up a stand where people could come and meet us. We also enjoyed a ‘greet and meet’ event with the other European and international transpersonal association, that was a moment of fun and sharing, a special time to establish contacts in a more intimate way. Since then and from different encounters, new projects have emerged; the Youth Council has been re-energized thanks to Dennis Johnson, a department for anthropology and ancient wisdom will be created soon, supported by Magda Solé and Jaume Mestres and other board members. New organizational members expressed their intention to join us, as well as individual members, psychotherapists, researchers and coaches who wanted to apply for membership, or the certification process, which also interests some of them. The transpersonal movement needs to manifest itself in different domains to influence the evolution of our world for a more sustainable model where all human beings will be respected and see their basic needs fulfilled and where their spiritual dimension will be recognized.
III GLOBAL TRANSPERSONAL SYMPOSIUM IN VERACRUZDear friends, First of all we wish you, our dear colleagues a pleasant and happy autumn! We want to motivate you to come and participate in our:
III Global Transpersonal Symposium
January 27th and 28th 2018 • Boca del Rio, Veracruz, Mexico
Place: Mocambo Hotel Boca del Rio. Ver.
Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th January.Topics: Transpersonal Psychology and World Peace; Cultural Traditions; Inner Peace; Shamanic Practices; Traditional Medicine; Archetypes; Art and Creativity; EthnoTherapy Participants: Bernadette Blin, EUROTAS France Elias Capriles, Ph.D Venezuela Zana Marovic, Ph.D. South Africa Ingo Jahrsetz, Ph.D. Germany Jorge Ferrer, Ph.D. USA Virginia Gawel, Ph.D. Argentina Magda Sole, Prof Spain Steven Schmitz Ph.D. USA Regina U. Hess, Ph.D. Germany Vladimir Maykov, Ph.D. Russia Irma Azomoza, Ph.D. Mexico Pier Luigi Lattuada, Ph.D. Italy Lyudmila Scortesca, MA Moldova Ingrida Indane, MA Latvia Jure Biechonski, Prof Estonia Gladys Villegas, Ph.D. Mexico Sven Doehner, Ph.D. Mexico Jaume Mestres, MA Spain
Jaume Mestres email@example.com
INTEGRAL TRANSPERSONAL JOURNALThe 9th issue of the Integral Transpersonal Journal has been published. You can read more at http://eurotas.org/integral-transpersonal-journal/ For the next issue ITJ in collaboration with Elena Toscan, promoter of Spiritual Emergency in Italy I am pleased to announce a call for papers for an ITJ monographic issue on spiritual emergency. Spiritual emergency is often confused with psychotic disorders and treated with drugs and hospitalization. This monography will be focused on the steps, difficulties and challenges faced, to organize support centres and avoid the stigma that comes from a psychiatric approach to it. Elena Toscan, Loretta Illuminati and Fabrizio D’altilia will provide reports about their experiences in Italy, where there is still very little awareness about ES. Giovanna Calabrese and Gabriella Martis, psychiatrists and transpersonal psychotherapists, will give a psychiatric perspective on the issue, discussing the differential diagnosis of psychotic disorders. If you are interested to contribute, writing about the situation in your home country please contact Giovanna Calabrese at firstname.lastname@example.org
SACRED SCIENCE CIRCLEThe Sacred Science Circle www.sacredsciencecircle.org gathers a sacred circle of individuals and groups that honours the “fires” of transformation implicit in all scientific, scholarly, and artistic endeavours. Our first newsletter is now available at www.sacredsciencecircle.org/newsletter/. If you wish to receive future Sacred Science Circle newsletters directly, please subscribe to the newsletter on the Contact page of the website, www.sacredsciencecircle.org/contact/
In service to the Sacred,
Rosemarie Anderson & Les Lancaster,
Sacred Science Circle, Co-Directors
GOING BEYONG LIMITATIONS
4th Symposium of the International Institute for Consciousness Exploration and Psychotherapy (I.I.B.P.)Date: April 19 and 20, 2018 Venue: Barcelona/Spain Costs: 110 EUR (until Dec. 31, 2017) – 145 EUR (from Jan. 1, 2018) Languages: English + Spanish Information: www.consciousness-exploration.org Registration: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org If you do some little thing every day that you never did before, you’ll soon get the feeling that you are reaching out to a horizon which lies far beyond the limitations of your “normal routine”. During these two days you might be taken out of an all too common situation where everything seems predictable. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in presentations and workshops with outstanding psychotherapists and spiritual teachers. The highlight will be “A Mysterious Game of Transformation” within a “Healing Field” created collectively by the participants and the teachers of the Institute.
Dr Ingo Jahrsetz & Jaume Mestres
TRANSPERSONAL PSYCHOTHERAPY, TRANSPERSONAL BREATHWORK AND SPIRITUAL GUIDANCE
3-year training course in South Korea and GermanyTrainers: Dr Ingo Jahrsetz und Judith Miller, PhD – Assistant: Wolfgang Schilling Start Date: June, 2018 Structure: 12 modules of 10 days each with two modules per year – one in winter and one in summer Venues: Black Forest/Germany and Ahnsung/South Korea Costs: 9000 EUR plus room & board Languages: Korean + English Organization: Myoung Kwon Kim Information: www.consciousness-exploration.org Judith Miller and Ingo Jahrsetz offer this training for a closed group of 15 to 20 South Koreans and about 10 participants from Western countries. This training targets experienced psychotherapists, professionals working in the social field and experienced people who want to engage intensely with this method. It includes meditation and intense self-exploration by means of Holotropic (Transpersonal) Breathwork, theories of consciousness as well as aspects of teachings of different spiritual traditions.
Dr Ingo Jahrsetz
THE HEALING FIELD
The Healing Field
4-year training course in Transpersonal PsychotherapyTrainers: Rainer Pervoeltz, Ingo Jahrsetz, Bernadette Blin, Gennady Brevde, Stefan Dressler, Dietrich Franke, Regina U. Hess, Vladimir Maykov, Jaume Mestres, Olga Mokhina, Magda Solé Start Date: Spring 2019 Structure: 9 training units of 10 days each – 2 per year in spring and autumn Venues: Southern Germany, Paris (countryside), Barcelona, Canary Islands, St Petersburg Costs: 13,500 EUR plus room & board Language: English Information and registration: www.consciousness-exploration.org With this training, two trainers will accompany the students through the whole process. Other trainers will be there repeatedly to create continuity in content. The whole formation will provide you with a broad base of all major aspects of this therapeutic approach, which combines a profound spiritual understanding of being grounded in daily life with a very practical methodology to guide a person though a transpersonal healing process. Rainer Pervoeltz and Dr Ingo Jahrsetz
GRETT will welcome Georges Didier’s play: ” Le premier battement de Coeur “
(The First Beating of Heart)
Monday, November 13, 2017 at 8 pm at FORUM 104 (Paris 6th district)
Was Jung right when he said that the heart of the world is the alliance of the masculine and the feminine in each of us, man or woman? This play is the story of a wounded man who can no longer hear Anima (the feminine aspect of self). He goes through a number of trials to finally meet her. So… does he believe Anima, when he recognizes her become the archetype of the feminine? Does this result in the discovery of the Other, emerging from his personal story? A brilliant musical with five actors who participate in this alchemy! Georges Didier is a trainer in symbolic psychoanalysis and creator of the concept of archetypal constellations®. He is author of numerous books. For more information and registration www.grett.fr (Link available from GRETT’s logo): https://www.weezevent.com/le-grett-presente-une-piece-de-georges-didier-le-premier-battement-de-coeur
BLENDING PSYCHOLOGY AND SPIRITUALITY
Tinos Greece, Isle of the Madonna
May 25-31, 2018
6 Nights 27 CEU’s 690 Euros or $790 /person
based on Double Occupancy
Includes workshop and room based on double occupancy!
Come for professional training or personal growth!What you will learn: How early relationship trauma and attachment separates us from our souls, causing later problems in relationships and addictions: Action methods can support and aid people in their twelve step recovery. In addiction people become isolated and lose their senses of being or belonging. In this workshop, people will be taken through the journey of recovery and will explore the theory of addiction. They will learn how the method of souldrama and psychodrama can align egos and souls through a transpersonal process. How to work with our higher power and put spirituality into action: You will be taught specific techniques, such as psychodrama, sociometry and action methods in group psychology for use with individuals, groups and families based on your needs and practice. Specific action methods tools are taught, in a step-by-step fashion, so that you can build upon your existing clinical skills. By passing through the seven doorways of Souldrama, you will learn how to move from your rational to your spiritual intelligence. Souldrama is an outgrowth of psychodrama, which gently aligns the ego and soul to help us focus on our higher purpose. http://www.souldrama.com/greecemay25312018.html
Offered by Connie Miller TEP,LPC,ACS,NCC
BUILDING LIGHT BRIDGESAs the forthcoming President of The International Light Association (ILA) I am looking forward to exploring and bringing the invisible, yet already present, light connections to life in both the transpersonal and the world of light and colour. The ILA is a uniquely collaborative group of light and colour therapy practitioners, health professionals, scientists, educators, product manufacturers, artists, architects, interior designers and philosophers. We are passionate about learning and applying the latest, theories, techniques and technologies regarding how light and colour can promote health, enhance performance and learning and raise consciousness. Our mission is to share and disseminate information, educate, initiate and promote research, and create an openhearted, broad minded and integrative community in the field of light and colour.
Mark Wentworth – President Elect – ILA
LIFE LIGHT – ADVANCING LIGHT FOR HEALTH
15th Annual Conference for the International Light Association
13th – 15th May 2018 Oslo, Norway
More information: www.international-light-association.org
THE MONROE INSTITUTE’S GATEWAY VOYAGE® 2018 in Europe, in English: Greece: April 21 – 27 England: June 2 – 8Come and experience Robert Monroe’s original, ground-breaking Gateway Voyage program on the exploration of human consciousness. For over 40 years, thousands of people who participated in this 5-day/6-night residential course have experienced exceptional states of awareness and life-enhancing benefits. Gateway Voyage is a foundational course and teaches the skills necessary to attend advanced level Monroe Institute programs.
Discover the power of Hemi-Sync® audio sound technology to:
- Enter levels of expanded awareness
- Realign emotions
- Achieve deep relaxation
- Keep the mind awake while the body is asleep
- Explore the out-of-body state and other energy systems
- Enter a state of No Time
- Obtain a state of lucidity to enhance daily life
For further details, contact Linda Leblanc Residential Trainer of The Monroe Institute email: email@example.com www.monroeinstitute.org
MONROE INSTITUTE’S SOUND TECHNOLOGY COURSES IN EUROPE
Linda Leblanc©2017, Residential Trainer, Monroe InstituteIn the 1950s, an outstanding researcher, Robert Monroe, pioneered a new kind of sound technology. This patented audio process, called Hemi-Sync®, uses tones to balance both hemispheres of the brain. Monroe founded The Monroe Institute, a non-profit educational and research organization in the USA that has a renowned reputation for its courses in leading-edge consciousness exploration. Monroe’s classic book describing his extraordinary experiences, “Journeys Out of the Body”, was published in 1971 and sold more than 300,000 copies. Monroe’s original, ground-breaking program on the exploration of human consciousness is Gateway Voyage®. For over 40 years, thousands have participated in this 5-day/6-night residential course, which provides an opportunity to accelerate one’s ability to go farther and faster into different dimensions of consciousness. Exploring states of consciousness through direct experience, Gateway Voyage can shift perspectives of what is possible, release fears and blocks, connect with other dimensions and advance in meditation skills. Verbal instruction along with potent Hemi-Sync audio signals gently guide participants into progressively deeper levels of profound states of awareness — into the recognition that one is far more than the physical body. In 1994, a front-page article in the Wall Street Journal reported the opinion of the head of a Zen Buddhist Temple in Vancouver, Canada, that “Gateway students can reach meditation states in a week that took [me] 30 years of sitting.” Monroe Institute courses are held throughout Europe in various languages, including English, led by the Institute’s team of skilled accredited trainers. In 2018, Gateway Voyage courses, in English, are scheduled for Greece, 21 – 27 April, and England, 2 – 8 June, near Birmingham.
For details, contact Linda Leblanc, email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.monroeinstitute.org
THE TRANSPERSONAL LANGUAGE OF THE BODY
Pneuma Transpersonal TrainingUnderstanding physical and psychological aspects of self are fundamental in moving forward on one’s spiritual journey. Effective inner work involves understanding the connections between the psychological, spiritual and physical aspects. This means being aware of the signals that your body is giving you every moment of the day. The body is a neutral structure in the service of Inner Being therefore it should follow the laws of the divine and stay in good health. However, this seems to be very challenging for most people. Why? As an example, the digestive system and respiratory systems transform raw materials into energy that human beings can utilize to live. This is an alchemical process. In ordinary life however, the laboratory doesn’t work at its full potential. Useless activities created by the ego such as negative emotions, panic, anger, fear, etc. and their consequences are manifested in the body. The human being tends to identify with this external vehicle, thus forgetting Divine nature. It is important to intensify the awareness of the body because it is a fundamental source of information as to what is happening at soul level, which is contained by the ego. Learning to observe the body every day, allows understanding of the origin of major diseases because physical symptoms are always connected with the psycho-spiritual dimension. The goal is to try to raise awareness of physical potential so as to minimise energy loss. This allows the beginning of Self Realization to take place. In transforming the symptoms of the body into tools for self-observation, inner work will have much better support. In turn, this will help strengthen the connection with Inner Being.
Renzo Menapace, MD
PNEUMA TRANSPERSONAL TRAINING
by Juan Ruiz Naupari
FEEDING THE SOUL PHOTO BOOKHappy to share: Hello Everyone! We are close to the first anniversary of our Feeding the Soul World SUMMIT. For this occasion, we want to thank all the participants, volunteers, staff, partners and last but not least the presenters of the 2016 Summit and of the 2015 Festival by sharing for FREE an amazing PHOTO BOOK of hundreds of pictures and phrases from our beautiful First Transpersonal Festival that took place in Italy, gathering people from 35 countries: FIND YOUR FACE THERE! This is our way to say to each one of you “You are part of this; you feed our Soul; it’s an honor for us to stay connected to you; you are beautiful and important for us!” The Book is a masterpiece by Alessandra Pezzutti. While we visualize the next Feeding The Soul Project, please stay with us in the Feeding The Soul dimension by downloading your copy at this link: http://www.feedingthesoulworldsummit.com/?p=321 Feel free to share the post or this exact link of the page where you can download it on our website, not the file, please. Amazing people worked on it and we want to respect their time and love by doing it the right way. I know you feel the same. We appreciate your collaboration.
WRITING FOR BLISS: A Seven-Step Plan for Telling Your Story and Transforming Your Life
Diana Raab, Ph.D.
(Loving Healing Press, 2017)Writing for Bliss is fundamentally about reflection, truth, and freedom. With techniques and prompts for both seasoned and novice writers, the book inspires readers to explore their creative natures through storytelling and poetry, examines how life-changing experiences can inspire writing, encourages self-examination and self-discovery through the written word, and illustrates how published authors have been transformed by writing. By sharing personal anecdotes throughout, Raab honors her lifelong passion for writing and its therapeutic effects. The book is a culmination of her life’s work—meant to inspire the burning writer who lives within. Suitable for both emerging and esteemed writers, it is packed with tips, writing prompts, references and suggested reading. Geared for the emerging writer, the seasoned writer, and those in academia, this book leads spiritual seekers down the path of self-discovery through writing prompts, tools for journaling, and embodied and reflective writing techniques; and offers ways to find the best vehicle for profound self-expression. Those who can benefit from writing a life narrative may have been exposed to early-life trauma, loss, or addiction. Writing your story is a way to reclaim your voice, reveal a family secret, or simply share your story with others. Journaling is a cathartic and safe way to work through your feelings and “direct your rage to the page.” With the help of this indispensible guide to therapeutic writing, you’ll understand yourself better and be able to deal with various challenges in your life, such as depression, anxiety, addiction, loss of loved ones, diseases, and life transitions. Offering step-by-step practical exercises for journaling your thoughts, emotions, and memories, along with techniques to jump-start your writing, Writing for Bliss will help you achieve the therapeutic results of writing for healing, and provides essential information for using this technique to transform your life in a meaningful way.
The book is available on Amazon.
Healing the Western Soul: A Spiritual Homecoming for Today’s Seeker
Judith Miller Ph.D
(Paragon House, 2015)
Healing the Western Soul: A Spiritual Homecoming for Today’s Seeker) by EUROTAS member, Dr Judith Miller, has just been translated into German and published by Verlag Via Nova. It has received a lot of praise from across the world for expounding on a theme, not typically heard of in the transpersonal community: namely, that as we move ever more quickly into a One-world consciousness, tremendous tensions in the direction of secularism and diversity are taking us away from our Western sacred roots. When a culture begins to collapse, as Western culture seems to be now doing, belief systems, worldviews, and cultural and spiritual identity invariably become confused and chaotic. Yet out of the fear and chaos, revitalizing rituals, dreams and visions reflecting our Western mystical roots have the opportunity to surface. When the Western Spiritual Path is more fully understood, its essential message of unconditional love can be fully brought into our troubled world. Miller makes a convincing point that by becoming One with who we are in the depths of our soul, we will better be able to fully acknowledge, accept, and open our hearts to the Divine and all others in deeply authentic ways. Heilung der westlichen Seele is a book for its time.
Psychology in the Light of the East
Margot Esther Borden
(Rowman & Littlefield, January 2017)Psychology in the Light of the East presents fresh insights into integral psychology. The author’s personal search and insights from her clinical practice, spanning 30 years, bring life to her quest to create a cohesive vision of psychology incorporating Eastern mysticism and Western pragmatism. Margot is a psychotherapist, public speaker, coach and adjunct professor. Based in India, she also works in Europe and USA. www.MargotBorden.com Endorsements “Margot Borden is a wonderful combination of dedicated spiritual seeker and wisely compassionate psychotherapist who has distilled her many years of experience in India and the west into an extremely helpful and well-written guidebook of self-discovery and growth personally, relationally and spiritually. Dig in! There are gems on every page!” Stuart Sovatsky, PhD, author, Advanced Spiritual Intimacy and Words from the Soul. “A deeply insightful and powerful integration of eastern and western approaches to psychology. This is a fertile field that will yield profound possibilities for human growth and healing over the coming decades, and this book will be a leading light.” Brant Cortright, PhD, CIIS “It requires courage to study the intuitive psychology of the East with the mindset of the West. Margot Borden could do this, as hers was an experiential venture. She presents conventional and postmodern approaches and the transformative vision of Sri Aurobindo to present a greater psychology waiting to unfold.” Dr. Soumitra Basu, MD, Author Integral Health “With brilliance of intellect and a palpable, compassionate heart, Margot Borden takes us, her readers, on a riveting journey toward the discovery of our essential self. Margot’s courageous and compelling words, reveal her insatiable quest for truth, as they dig deep and wide into the many fabrics of the “soul”, propelling and empowering us to think more, to feel more, to live more, and to be more.” Rabbi Pinchas Allouche, Spiritual Leader, CBT, contributor to Huffington Post, Religion.
Margot Esther Borden
LAUNCH AND CALL FOR REVIEWERS
The Intimacy of Consciousness Exploration and Transpersonal Psychotherapy
Ingo B. Jahrsetz, Regina U. Hess, Judith Miller, & Rainer Pervöltz (Eds.)
Cambridge, UK: Cambridge Scholars PublishingIn Coming Home, a group of transpersonal psychotherapists and spiritual teachers have written a book in which they tell of their own very personal and intimate explorations of consciousness. What has the experience of “coming home” meant to them? Has it meant connecting with God, the Divine Feminine, the Cosmos, the Sacred? Has it meant arriving at home in them, in their very center, in their essence? Where is home? Is it inside, is it outside or is it both? All world cultures have stories about this particular place. In addition to describing their own unique quests, they also shared how radically such a journey challenged them to face their own vulnerabilities and shadow parts. Various, very different and often startling personal stories are told. Through reading the human trials and psycho-spiritual challenges that these nine international teachers have endured on their journeys home, readers will gain insights and greater understanding regarding their own exploration of consciousness. They will realize that the spiritual journey can have many faces and take many paths. The one thing, however, that all authors have in common, is the longing to be fully and wholly oneself, giving an open and life-affirming message to support readers on their own intimate journeys home. Book Discount 20% – when you order online directly at www.cambridgescholarspubishing.co.uk Call for Reviewers – and you get a book for free! A call for reviewers goes out to scholars globally who work in the international field of transpersonal psychology and psychotherapy for a review of this book. Cambridge Scholars Publishing will send you a free book copy based on your clear commitment of submitting a distinguished review. If you have questions regarding this process, please do not hesitate to contact us through Regina on behalf of the team of the International Institute for Consciousness Exploration and Transpersonal Psychotherapy: email@example.com Thank you very much in advance, the authors: Ingo B. Jahrsetz, Jaya Herbst, Regina U. Hess, Stefan Dressler, Vitor Rodriguez, Dietrich Franke, Judith Miller, Gennady Brevde, Rainer Pervöltz, Tom Steininger. and the editors Jahrsetz, Hess, Miller, & Pervöltz.
|The Intimacy of Consciousness Exploration and Transpersonal Psychotherapy: Coming Home||The Intimacy of Consciousness Explorationand Transpersonal Psychotherapy: Coming Home Edited by Ingo B. Jahrsetz, Regina U. Hess, Judith Miller and Rainer Pervöltz||The Intimacy of Consciousness Exploration and Transpersonal Psychotherapy: Coming Home Edited by Ingo B. Jahrsetz, Regina U. Hess, Judith Miller and Rainer Pervöltz This book first published 2017 Cambridge Scholars Publishing Lady Stephenson Library, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 2PA, UK British Library Cataloguing in Publication Data A catalogue record for this book is available from the British Library Copyright © 2017 by Ingo B. Jahrsetz, Regina U. Hess, Judith Miller, Rainer Pervöltz and contributors All rights for this book reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior permission of the copyright owner. ISBN (10): 1-5275-0293-7 ISBN (13): 978-1-5275-0293-2|
NEW EUROTAS MEMBERSHIP CATEGORY
EDTR PROFESSIONAL ACADEMIC RESEARCH MEMBERSHIP
AND NEW EUROTAS BONUS MEMBERSHIP “2 FOR 1” FOR RESEARCHERS/ACDEMICS AND
EUROTAS CERTIFIED TRANSPERSONAL PSYCHOTHERAPISTSThe EUROTAS Department for Transpersonal Research (EDTR) offers a EUROTAS professional membership for academics and researchers, as a platform for discussion on issues related to research in the transpersonal psychology and psychotherapy field, with a special focus on methodologies and ethics. For more information please go to our webpage: http://eurotas.org/division-of-transpersonal-research-edtr/ Application: There are three possible memberships:
- EDTR for Professional/Academic/Research Member: For those holding a degree in human sciences (psychology, philosophy, social, educational) actively involved in research. Candidates must submit published articles in peer reviewed journals, and/or abstract of meeting presentations, books. Membership fee 80 Euros.
- EDTR for Student Member: For university graduate students in human sciences (psychology, social, education), actively involved in research projects. Candidates must submit an abstract of an ongoing project. Membership fee 50 Euros.
- “2 for 1” Combined EUROTAS Bonus Membership for ESTP and EDTR: for EUROTAS members who are EUROTAS certified Transpersonal Psychotherapists and who are academics/researchers who qualify for the EDTR membership Membership fee is 80 Euro.
- Journal database: EDTR academic/research membership holders have free online access to the Integral Transpersonal Journal.
- Reduced fee for the Transpersonal Research Colloquium.
Regina U Hess
ECO ART THERAPYAfter 25 years working in the field of psychotherapy, I have decided to establish the Eco Art Therapy Institute specializing in the Eco Art method. It consists of Jungian-oriented art therapy, transpersonal psychology and eco- psychology. After staying several hours at night and day time in the wild nature we can experience an extended state of consciousness with the help of work with 54 senses by Dr. Cohen, working with artefact, land art, meditation etc. In this state of consciousness, the senses and instincts are hugely activated. Psychotherapeutic work is based on the imaging conscious and unconscious parts of the psyche. A strong personal experience in nature often brings holotropic states of consciousness. In the Eco Art method, these experiences are symbolically transferred to artefacts or other forms of art. EAI offers these 6 key – projects:
- Art-therapy workshop- It involves the psychotherapeutic ritual based on a personal story. We create choreography for a deeper healing effect. The whole process is supported by music.
- “The Hermit in the wild”- This is a concept of being alone in wild nature. It`s an opportunity for deep communication with ourselves and other worlds. By capturing these experiences in an art work, it creates a strong healing effect.
- The Forest Eco Kindergarten-The EAI is particularly active in supervising and education.
- Supervision- Strong experience in nature releases stress and prevents against burnout syndrome.
- The Eco Art group of people with autoimmune and oncological diseases- We are inspired by the healthy mechanisms of nature. By analysing our own work, we look at insights of unconscious processes.
- The accompanied dying people in nature- The goal is to create a natural space for the dying people and their families who do not want to spend the last moments behind the walls of the hospitals.
DEEP LISTENING AND HEALING WORKSHOP AT THE CONFERENCE IN PRAGUEUnexpectedly over 40 people attended this workshop, and others had to be turned away due to lack of space. It was wonderful to have an almost equal balance of male/female participants in an age range from 20 to 70 years and a diversity of nationalities. We entered a listening space through meditation upon inner body sounds and rhythms, and then upon outer sounds. These were expressed through movement, vocal and body sounds. The group cohered in sound and mindful energy so that a magnificent aura of sound, spirit and unity filled the space. Many questions were asked by participants after the session. “The practice of Deep Listening is intended to expand consciousness to the whole space/time continuum, inclusive of all perceptible vibrations and sonic formations.” (Oliveros 2003) In developing Deep Listening and Healing practices I have called upon many resources. Firstly it was composer Pauline Oliveros who created her own sound practice and called it deep listening, composed Sonic Meditations (1971) from which eventuated Deep Listening Retreats that were held all over the world. I spent 3 months as a young composer in residence with Oliveros in upstate New York . In the 1980s I took up Zen practice in shakuhachi playing (Japanese bamboo flute) with Master Riley Lee, and was teacher trained in Okido Yoga, a wholistic study of yoga as founded by Masahiro Oki in Japan. I began meditation practices following Thich Nhat Hahn teachings after his visit to Australia in 1984. Along the way I acquired a Master’s degree in Music Therapy, studied Bonny’s Guided Imagery and Music (GIM) method, researched chakras and wisdom traditions of India, practised specific breathing patterns with mantras, explored vocalization, body and theatre work with healing rituals of different cultures and their music. Deep Listening and Healing offers ways to tap into our innate healing powers and creativity.
LETTER FROM THE EDITORI would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a deep and reflective time over the following months before our next newsletter due to come out in February. I extend a call for articles that focus on research in the field of transpersonal psychology and other areas where the transpersonal perspective is honoured, for our next publication. For those who celebrate the Christ mas, may the light shine brightly in heart and may the New Year herald gifts of wisdom and inner reflection.
No. 82 - July 22, 2017
No. 82 - July 22, 2017
NEWSLETTER Nr. 82
July 22, 2017
Board of Administrators: President Bernadette Blin, Jure Biechonski, Pier Luigi Lattuada, Ingrida Indane, Jaume Mestres, Magda Sole, Lyudmila Scortesca, Vladimir Maykov, Regina U Hess, Jörg Fuhrmann, Dennis Johnson
Newsletter Editor: Lindy McMullinTABLE OF CONTENTS
EDITORIALPage 2…. Editorial from the EUROTAS President Bernadette Blin UPCOMING EVENTS – ANNOUNCEMENTS, TRAINING PROGRAMS & WORKSHOPS Page 2…. Book Launch: Metamorphosis through Conscious Living: A Transpersonal Perspective – Lindy Mc Mullin
Page 3…. Research Colloquium 2017 – Group of organizers Page 4…. EUROTAS Communication GRETT – Christine Corade Page 4…. 20th International Souldrama Conference – Connie Miller Page 5…. Sacred Journeys – Lindy Mc Mullin Page 5…. Transpersonal Psychotherapy: Initiation – Psychodynamics – Awakening in the Heart – Rainer Pervoeltz Page 6…. III Global Transpersonal Symposium on Spirituality and Psychology – Jaume Mestres Page 7…. 10 days Etno-therapeutic Journey to Mexico – Jaume MestresSHARING ARTICLES Page 7…. News from the Integral Transpersonal Journal – Giovanna Calabrese Page 8…. Chiron: Cura Te Ipsum – Alessandra Brunelli Page 9…. Transpersonal Experiences in Asia – Judith Miller Page 9…. Transpersonal Videos – Vladimir Maykov Page 10….News from Latvia – Ingrida Indane Page 11….“Fly My Soul” – song written by Dana Indane PAGE 11….Letter from the Editor – Lindy McMullin
EDITORIAL FROM THE PRESIDENT
Summer is here again and this brings a sense of relief for some of us, a time for different tastes, different colours, and a growing sense of freedom. This beautiful season gives us the opportunity to explore new relationships with ourselves. We may have fewer constraints, less obligations and more flexibility in our daily life, allowing for increased awareness that body, mind and spirit need to rest, reflect, slow down and finally pause, even if it is for just a short time.Why don’t we use the time this year, to create more intimacy with ourselves and to initiate a creative dialogue with our soul? Let us reflect on what really matters, what is essential in our lives at this moment in time and what we can truly consecrate? Living a life that fully expresses the heart is probably one of the most important goals we can engage in. We can take time to address these questions in a light and tender way, moving closer to our essential being and recognizing what we truly need. We are members of a transpersonal community and to me this means that we are engaged. This engagement however, can have thousands of faces and therefore it is important to identify and touch what our personal and unique contributions are, to this extraordinary individual and collective adventure that we call life. My wish this summer, is that you take this opportunity to be true to yourselves and those close to you, and to nurture deep and loving connections, to enjoy the sun and to vacation as much as possible. I sincerely hope to have the pleasure to see you this coming September in Prague, for another kind of celebration and sharing.
Have a wonderful summertime.
Bernadette Blin President of EUROTAS, July 2017
A BOOK LAUNCH METAMORPHOSIS THROUGH CONSCIOUS LIVING A Transpersonal Perspective
In 2011 an idea was born to bring the Transpersonal Movement to Greece, the context in which the Muses, the philosophers, ancient myths, heroes and others flourished. A professional association (named SYNTHESIS) was born and energies converged to catalyze a proposal that Hellas become the site for a future EUROTAS conference. SYNTHESIS was embraced as a member of EUROTAS and a confluence of forces converged into a vibrant and viable force which became a vital presence when it was suggested that Greece host the 16th annual conference in 2014. A full force planning effort arose within the association that culminated in an internal and external Metamorphosis that became the theme for the 2014 conference held in Crete.
Early on during preparation for the conference, Cambridge Scholars Press stumbled on the eurotas2014.com web site, and approached SYNTHESIS with an invitation to produce a publication based on the peer reviewed sessions and papers that had been selected to be presented at the conference. After the historic event that brought the three main transpersonal associations (EUROTAS, ATP, and ITA) together for the first time, letters of invitation to the presenters were sent out, inviting them to write a chapter based on their conference presentation, but also catalyzed from the discussions and questions asked during presentations. The draft chapters submitted were subsequently reviewed and edited
We thank the authors for their contributions, those from Cambridge Scholars Press who contributed their expertise, Rosemarie Anderson and Les Lancaster who wrote the Foreword and Bernadette Blin who wrote the Afterward. Most of all, we acknowledge those who contributed to the process of metamorphosis that began in 2011 and culminated in 2017 with this publication, that we now present to the transpersonal community and beyond, with its multiplicity of voices and perspectives.
Lindy McMullin, Marcie Boucouvalas, Regina Hess
THIRD ANNUAL TRANSPERSONAL RESEARCH COLLOQUIUM 2017 Oct 2-3, 2017, Prague, Czech Republic
The Third Annual Transpersonal Research Colloquium (TRC) 2017 on October 2-3, 2017 will be held at the Naprstek Museum of Asian, African, & American Cultures following the International Transpersonal Conference in Prague, Czech Republic. The theme for TRC 2017 is Spiritual Practices as Research Methods: Integrating the Old and New. The colloquium focuses on research methods, is open only to presenters, and provides a collaborative format to engage in creative dialogue—both theoretical and experiential—to further transpersonal research worldwide. This year’s TRC theme centres on using spiritual practices, such as (but not limited to) the creative arts, mindfulness, imaginal and embodied practices, direct knowing, and collective and transcultural perspectives, as research methods.We look forward to seeing you in Prague,
The TRC Organizers Rosemarie Anderson, Giovanna Calabrese, Regina U. Hess, Les Lancaster, Pier Luigi Lattuada
EUROTAS COMMUNICATION GRETT
On September 6th, 2017, GRETT is pleased to announce a talk in Paris on The Family Ghosts: Our guest speaker BRUNO CLAVIER is a psychologist, former teacher, lecturer on psycho genealogy and transgenerational psychoanalysis and author of two books, The Family Ghosts 2013 and Ghosts of the Analyst 2017. He also runs a clinic devoted to children in analysis. Bruno will be discussing how we act through a parasitic psychic structure that originates from one or several of our ancestors and that is transmitted from generation to generation like a ‘disengaged shot’. The evening promises to be exciting!
For more information and registration www.grett.fr Link available from GRETT’s logo: https://www.weezevent.com/grett-conference-les-fantomes-transgenerationnels
20th INTERNATIONAL SOULDRAMA CONFERENCE May 25-31, 2018 Tinos, Greece Connie Miller, TEP, NCC, LPC
BLENDING PSYCHOLOGY AND SPIRITUALITY 690 Euros Includes 6 Nights 27 CEU’s Based on Double Occupancy
Come for professional training or personal growth!What you will learn: • How early relationship trauma and attachment separates us from our souls, causing later problems in relationships and with addictions • Action methods can support and aid people in their twelve step recovery. In addiction people become isolated and lose their senses of being or belonging. In this workshop, people will be taken through the journey of recovery and will explore the theory of addiction and how the method of souldrama and psychodrama can align our egos and souls • How to work with our Higher Power and put spirituality into action • You will be taught specific techniques, such as psychodrama, sociometry and sociodrama, for use with individuals, groups and families based on your needs and practice
WELCOME TO THE PILGRIMAGE TO DELPHI 5th – 10th August 2017
The Delphi site is open at night once a year for the August full moon. We combine visiting the sacred temple, the Cave of Pan, the sea at Itea and the Omphalos stone, with sinking into the depths of the Archetypes of Apollo, Artemis, Pan, Hermes, Sybil, and the Muses. We will practice deep silent listening, incubation, dream work, drawing and story telling, giving to, and receiving from the sacred land. There are a few places left so do not miss this opportunity. Price for Workshop, Transport & two meals – 275 Euro Price for a Double Room 40 Euros (3 star hotel) Price for a Single Room 35 Euros Details: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.comLindy Mc Mullin
TRANSPERSONAL PSYCHOTHERAPY INITIATION – PSYCHODYNAMICS – AWAKENING IN THE HEART
From spring 2019, the I.I.B.P. will offer a 4-year integrated training program involving 11 team members as teachers. The curriculum of this training represents, on the one side, a path of initiation, and, on the other, a great diversity of transpersonal therapeutic methods for working with self and others.The components of the curriculum include amongst others, an experienced knowledge of archetypes, the shamanistic view of the world and its people, and the increasing experience of a wide and open otherness. Trainees will be confronted with very practical questions about therapeutic work. They will be introduced to different kinds of technical and methodological procedures, or be supported by them. This involves workable proceedings in transpersonal therapy, but also seemingly banal topics, like the set-up of a therapeutic practice, dealing with money, coherent framework conditions, and other. For more information: http://
Rainer Pervoeltz Dr Ingo Jahrsetz
III GLOBAL TRANSPERSONAL SYMPOSIUM ON SPIRITUALITY AND PSYCHOLOGY
January 27th and 28th 2018 • Boca Del Rio, Veracruz, Mexico
We are proud to invite you to join us at the 3rd Annual Global Transpersonal Symposium (GTS) that will take place in Boca Del Rio, Veracruz, Mexico’s oldest European-founded settlement, well known for its romance and melted-down cultures. Our conference venue is the mythical Mocambo Hotel, built in the 1930s in front of the Tropical beaches of the Mexican Gulf. Our conference hall and accommodation is on one site, which is easily accessible from the airport. Distinguished delegates from over 20 countries worldwide will be attending, from the different transpersonal associations, institutes and universities. Topics: Transpersonal Psychology and World Peace, Holotropic Practices, Education, Environmental Psychology, Cultural Traditions, Transpersonal Psychotherapy, Neuroscience, Spiritual Emergence, Inner Peace, Shamanic Practices, Holistic Health, Humanistic Psychiatry, Extended Mind, Spiritually Transformative Experiences, Archetypes, Transpersonal Unconscious, Art and Creativity, EtnoTherapy, Shamanic Activation, Empagenia, Compassion, Meditation.
Event Website: http://transpersonal.cat/
Contact: Jaume Mestres +34667366866; firstname.lastname@example.org
Organized by: The Institute of Transpersonal Psychology of Barcelona, and Holos Shamanic Expeditions, with the support of the EUROTAS Board and other Transpersonal Organizations
10 DAY ETNO-THERAPEUTIC JOURNEY TO MEXICO January 29th to February 7th 2018.
A path that involves simultaneous outward and inward journeys to the ancient civilizations of Mexico, and to the interior depths of one’s own psyche; the journey combines one path in the Veracruz Rainforest and another in the Sierra Madre and the Oaxaca valley.
PRICE PER PERSON: 1.850 €
By reservation only: Limited places – max 20 persons in the group. ITINERARY: Veracruz-Sontecomoapan-Catemaco-Huautla-OaxacaOrganized by: Magda Solé & Jaume Mestres who are both experts on shamanism www.holostravel.com
Jaume Mestres +34667366866; email@example.com
NEWS FROM THE INTEGRAL TRANSPERSONAL JOURNAL
Psychotherapy has always struggled between Science and Philosophy. We must consider that people taking decisions in the field of health care, education and the social services rely more on scientific demonstration, than philosophical discussion. Research is essential to apply human sciences in practice. Research does not have to follow the bio-medical approach of an evidence based and causative model. Qualitative research methods have a different approach and they have been widely applied in psychology and psychotherapy research.The relevance of research in transpersonal psychology has already been recognized by many writers in the US. As a European association I think that it is time for us to follow this path The Integral Transpersonal Journal has a strong commitment in this direction. We welcome articles discussing clinical reports, and research studies on many different topics relevant to the transpersonal approach to healing and therapy. Our aim is to disseminate research knowledge among EUROTAS members and those interested in the transpersonal view in the academic world. For this reason we are applying for a psych-info indexing. I hope that through this Journal, I may share my passion for research and the transpersonal view with as many people as possible. Giovanna Calabrese, M.D., Ph.D. Director of the Integral Transpersonal Journal
CHIRON: CURA TE IPSUM
The archetype of Chiron has the particularity of representing the HEALING DOCTOR but also the SICK person who has a need to be healed.He has to undergo three major processes of transformation in his life. The first one is linked to his birth, as he lived the abandonment of his father (Cronus, Rea’s husband) and the rejection of his mother, Philyra. He achieves the flourishing of his virtues, thus becoming a wise and peaceful centaur, gentle in character, a lover of the arts, science and medicine and a great teacher with distinguished disciples like Asclepius and Hercules. His strength is patience, which arises at the moment when he decides not to act with anger, resentment or vengeance. Chiron’s second “crisis” is linked to his incurable wound. Hercules accidentally injures him with a poisoned arrow. As an expert and immortal therapist, he well knows that he cannot be healed. Although he is a doctor and therefore dedicated to caring for others, he is forced to take care of himself. His transformation is accompanied by an initial crisis linked both to the pain he feels and to the awareness and realization of his own limits. This makes him relate to himself differently, from a place of love and acceptance. The third transformation is related to his death. Zeus, moved by compassion, exchanges Chiron’s immortality for Prometheus’s mortality and the good centaur can finally die and become the constellation of Sagittarius. With this gift offered by the Father of the Gods, Chiron can fulfil the realization of his last detachment, which has to do with the material, physical part, thus becoming light stars. This allows him to achieve the individuation process described by Jung, or self-realization according to The Pneuma System.
Alessandra Brunelli. MD Pneuma Transpersonal Institute
TRANSPERSONAL EXPERIENCES IN ASIA
Over the years, I have encountered changes in how I understand “Transpersonal.” It started twenty-five years ago in Stan Grof’s Holotropic Training program. During that time, I felt that I was a part of a new wave in psychology, which had its beginnings, I thought, in California. Some years later, I began working with Ingo Jahrsetz in Germany and together we co-facilitated Breathwork retreats. As an American Jew, my friends and family questioned how I could work in Germany. Throughout those years, I went through my own transformational process of healing – apart from the toxic collective energies of past and present.Years followed and I joined EUROTAS. I became aware that transpersonal roots went beyond California – that deep and authentic spirituality has a magnificent heritage in Europe, and has been ever-present, far longer than America has even existed. Currently I am working as a transpersonal psychologist with Americans, Europeans, and with Asians as well. How did I find myself working in China and S. Korea? Several of my Asian students and colleagues from Columbia University, left NYC, and are now back in their homelands. The motivation to bring transpersonal work to their own countries came from their own psycho-spiritual work, and from the transpersonal Breathwork training programs that Ingo and I have facilitated together in the last years. Asian cultures are radically different from Western culture. Their sacred traditions — thousands of years old – explode within every soul. There is a question though, as to how to deal with the other side of their country’s collective history – the years of totalitarianism and the suppression of spirituality and psychology? There is much to learn. Appreciation to my friends and students in China and S. Korea, who have welcomed us Westerners, to work beside them, as they courageously transform their part of the world.
Dear transpersonal friends and colleagues from all over the world, There are over 400 free transpersonal videos on my website www.transpersonal.ruI’ve reorganized my video archive made up over the last 20 years and now everything is much more accessible
1. Arny and Amy Mindell 2. Stanislav and Christina Grof 3. All conferences by the Russian Association of Transpersonal Psychology and Psychotherapy 4. 17th International Transpersonal Conference, 2010 5. Global Transpersoanl Symposium 1 6. Global Transpersonal Symposium 2 7. The Puzzle of Carlos Castaneda 8. Vladimir Maykov
You can watch a lot, since most of it is in English with Russian translation. Enjoy!
NEWS FROM LATVIA
This spring and summer has been quite rich for our Latvian transpersonal community. This is the third year that we are running The Latvian State Accredited professional education programme of our Transpersonal Education Institute including our brilliant local and guest lecturers (e.g. Dr. Steven Schmitz from California, Jure Biechonski from Estonia, Ole Linquvist from Denmark, and Dr. Vladimir Maykov from Russia).We continue our intensive cooperation and student exchange program with the Estonian Transpersonal Education Institute “Trance-Personal ÖU”, and the students from both countries find it interesting and important for their educational process. We have also begun to create our transpersonal, alchemical labyrinth in the countryside as a place for meditation and retreat. We are currently involved in a new project – an international Transpersonal Summer School in Moldova, organized in cooperation with the Moldavian Transpersonal Association. Entrance into the new-born labyrinth Night Mysteries during the Conference
In May we organized the Transpersonal Psychology Conference for the Baltic and Nordic countries; the theme was “Our Spiritual Roots”. It was organized by volunteers from the Latvian Transpersonal Association and Institute and the collaboration helped strengthen our transpersonal community. The event was really successful – a lot of interesting talks and workshops, common discussion, excursion to a meditation park, night mysteries in the local Nature park and in the end – a surprising gift from our Lithuanian friend Tadas Surkys, who lifted up a special kite-flag (6×6 meters), symbolizing the connection of our roots to the earth and heaven.The kite- flag was released in the central square of the town Sigulda, where the Conference took place. As the kite lifted off into the sky, we all sang a wonderful song, especially written and composed for this conference, by musician and performing artist Dana Indane. The song is like a meditation, a mantra opening our hearts to all the sentient beings and the world around us. Ingrida Indane
FLY MY SOUL
(c) Song, created by Dana Indane, May 2017,Riga For the Transpersonal Psychology Conference of Baltic and Nordic countries
Fly my Soul, fly, fly to the Sky, and take me back to the Roots of Mine: Fly, fly, fly, high, fly, fly, fly high Fly my Soul, fly, fly to the Sky, and take my Love to the Past of Mine: Fly, fly, fly, high, fly, fly, fly high Fly my Soul, fly, fly to the Sky, and take my Love to the Future Times: Fly, fly, fly, high, fly, fly, fly high Fly my Soul, fly, fly to the Sky, and take my Love to my Ancestral Line: Fly, fly, fly, high, fly, fly, fly high Fly my Soul, fly, fly to the Sky, and take my Love to the Beloved of Mine: Fly, fly, fly, high, fly, fly, fly high Fly my Soul, fly, fly to the Sky, and take my Love to the Child of Mine: Fly, fly, fly, high, fly, fly, fly high Fly my Soul, fly, fly to the Sky, and take My Love to the Friends of Mine: Fly, fly, fly, high, fly, fly, fly high Fly my Soul, fly, fly to the Sky, and take my Love to the Birds who Fly: Fly, fly, fly, high, fly, fly, fly high Fly my Soul, fly, fly to the Sky, and take my Love to the Stars that shine: Fly, fly, fly, high, fly, fly, fly high Fly my Soul, fly, fly to the Sky, and take my Love to the Darkest Night: Fly, fly, fly, high, fly, fly, fly high Fly my Soul, fly, fly to the Sky, and take my Love to the Sunshine Bright: Fly, fly, fly, high, fly, fly, fly high Fly my Soul, fly, fly to the Sky, and bring My Heart to Eternal Light: Fly, fly, fly, high, fly, fly, fly high
LETTER FROM THE EDITOR
Four years ago, exactly in the month of July, I recall frantically answering e mails and organizing the 16th EUROTAS conference in Greece and this year, I am humbled with the publication that so many people contributed to, that marks the historic event that took place in Crete.Over these years, I have learned to respect the subtle connections that bring us together and force us apart, as part of a growth process and a journey towards enlightenment; I have come to conclude that the transpersonal perspective brings light and a deeper understanding of the meaning of life and I have also understood that the world needs to draw on the invaluable insights that this perspective brings. I hope that the publication that emerged from the Cretan conference will plant seeds and open doors that will promote a multidisciplinary transpersonal orientation, as suggested and outlined by Marcie Boucouvalas (1999).
I wish you all a restful and contemplative summer and look forward to welcoming some of you to Delphi, the heart of the Oracle, where we will explore the personal and collective Pythia. Last but not least, I look forward to celebrating the launch of Metamorphosis through Conscious Living in Prague, with my esteemed colleagues Marcie and Regina, our esteemed authors and our very dear friends.Lindy McMullin www.quantumgreece.com To open in a separate window.
No. 81 - 07-03-2017
No. 81 - 07-03-2017
NEWSLETTER Nr. 81
March 7, 2017
TABLE OF CONTENTS
PAGE 2….Editorial from the EUROTAS President Bernadette Blin PAGE 3…..Summary of the EUROTAS Board Meeting in Barcelona by Regina U HessUPCOMING EVENTS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, TRAINING PROGRAMS & WORKSHOPS PAGE 4…. International Transpersonal Conference in Prague, 2017- Jana Dudova and and Petr Lisý PAGE 5…. TRC in Prague 2017 – Organizers PAGE 6…. Announcing the Sacred Science Circle – Rosemarie Anderson PAGE 7….Transpersonal Psychology Conference of Baltic and Nordic countries, May 2017 – Ingrida Indane PAGE 8…. Integral Transpersonal Journal – Pier Luigi Lattuada PAGE 8…. The Carnival of Therapy, Counselling and Coaching March 26, 2017- John Rowan PAGE 9…. Pilot project in China – Ingo Jahrsetz PAGE 9…. Peace power anxiety– Peace frightens? – Ingo Jahrsetz PAGE 10…. Pre-announcement of a book – Ingo Jahrsetz PAGE 10 …. Summer School in Moldova July 22-28, Journey beyond Time and Space – Lyudmila Scortescu PAGE 11…. The Goddess Within, April 1-2, 2017 in London – Mark Wentworth PAGE 12…. Searching for the Wizard of Oz, May 9-14 in Florida – Mark Wentworth PAGE 13…. Tales from the Colour House – Mark Wentworth PAGE 13…. Invitation to the 2017 Shamanic Expedition – Organizers PAGE 14…. Pilgrimage to Delphi, July and August 2017 – Lindy McMullin PAGE 15…. My Transpersonal Identity Crisis – Judith Miller PAGE 15…. Letter from John Drew PAGE 16…. Bonnevaux – A Meditation and Retreat centre in France – John Drew PAGE 16…. Letter from the Editor – Lindy McMullin
EDITORIAL FROM THE PRESIDENT
SUMMARY OF THE EUROTAS BOARD MEETING IN BARCELONA
Summary and Updates from the EUROTAS Board Meeting Jan 31 – Feb 2, 2017, Barcelona, Spain
EUROTAS Board of Directors: Bernadette Blin, France, (President), Jure Biechonski, Estonia, (Co-President), Pier-Luigi Lattuada, Italy, (Co-President), Ingrida Indane, Latvia (Executive Director), Regina U. Hess, Germany, (Secretary), Jaume Mestres, Spain, (Treasurer), Mada Sole, Spain, Lyudmilla Scortescu, Moldova, Vladimir Maykov, Russia, Jörg Fuhrmann, Switzerland, Dennis Johnsson, Austria. Our board members and hosts Magda Sole and Jaume Mestres organized the one-day Second Global Transpersonal Symposium in Barcelona in conjunction with the EUROTAS board meeting and ESTP meeting. The Global Transpersonal Symposium was a huge success with new contacts and networking established, embedded in the magnificent atmosphere and deep historic, cultural and spiritual breath of Barcelona, that embraced us all.The meeting of the EUROTAS Society of Transpersonal Psychotherapy (ESTP) took place on Jan 31. About 16 new professional members of ESTP were certified. Congratulations to all! Within ESTP, a scientific committee and an advisory committee have been formed for the further development of the department. The board meeting was held Feb 1-2. Regina U. Hess is the new secretary of the EUROTAS board. We elected two new board members to join us: Jörg Fuhrmann, PhD candidate (Switzerland) and Dennis Johnsson, MA (Austria). A very warm welcome to the new generation of EUROTAS board members! The EUROTAS Department for Education (EDTE), founded by Jure Biechonski and the EUROTAS Department of Transpersonal Coaching and Social Change (ETC), founded by Jaume Mestres, were both approved, details of which can soon be found on the EUROTAS webpage. EUROTAS now offers a new professional membership for academics and researchers that was developed by the EUROTAS Division of Transpersonal Research (EDTR). Colleagues who qualify as EUROTAS certified transpersonal psychotherapists and as academic/researcher get a bonus of “2 for 1” membership, paying one membership fee for both memberships. The financial report was presented by our treasurer, Jaume Mestres, whose summary showed a positive increase in the financial situation. The promotion of the upcoming 2017 International Transpersonal Conference (ITC), co-sponsored by EUROTAS is currently a main priority. The ITC will be held in Prague, Sept 28-Oct 1 with the conference theme Beyond Materialism—Towards Wholeness http://www.itcprague2017.org. The ITC will be followed by the Third Transpersonal Research Colloquium, (TRC) Oct 2-3, in Prague. Please take note of the Call for Papers further down in this newsletter and on the webpage www.transpersonalresearchnetwork.com. With determination, dedication and passion, we send out greetings from the heart to all of you, and look forward to meeting with you at the ITC and/or TRC in Prague in Sept/Oct 2017! Regina U. Hess (Secretary)
INTERNATIONAL TRANSPERSONAL CONFERENCE IN PRAGUE, 2017
We are pleased to announce that the next edition of the International Transpersonal Conference will take place on the 28. 9. – 1. 10. 2017 at the venue Top Hotel situated in the “magical” city of Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic. The idea of ITC 2017, entitled “Beyond Materialism – Towards Wholeness”, is to follow the tradition of large international transpersonal gatherings and to celebrate 50 years of the existence of transpersonal psychology. Under the auspices and in the presence of Stanislav Grof, we are once again to meet, enrich each other and discuss the progress that has been made in the field of psychology, spirituality, psychedelics & consciousness. You can look forward to lectures held by our transpersonal pioneers (Stan Grof, Paul Grof), psychedelic leaders (Charles Grob, Rick Doblin, Janis Phelps), great thinkers (Ervin Laszlo, Richard Tarnas, Peter Russell), psychologists, psychiatrists and parapsychologists (David Lukoff, Sandra Harner, Etzel Cardena, Jenny Wade, Dean Radin) and many other prominent speakers. Besides this, the conference program offers a thematic track Inner Ecology, Collective Psyche and Social Transformation, designed by EUROTAS, as well as exclusive panels sponsored by CIIS and ITA. The organizers of the conference are the Czech Transpersonal Association, HOLOS Centre, the Club of Budapest Czech Republic and the Czech Psychedelic Society, in cooperation with EUROTAS, the California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) and the International Transpersonal Association (ITA). The Call for Abstracts for ITC 2017 has just opened and we invite scholars, researchers, students and practitioners of the disciplines belonging to the spectrum of the 7 thematic tracks, to submit their applications by 15th of April 2017, using the following link: http://www.itcprague2017.org/call-for-abstracts The conference website is: http://www.itcprague2017.org/. You are also welcome to join us and spread the word about the conference via the Facebook page or event page. Jana Dudova and Petr Lisý
TRC PRAGUE 2017
Announcement of the Third Annual Transpersonal Research Colloquium October 2-3, 2017, Prague, Czech Republic Organized by the Transpersonal Research Network (TRN) Following the International Transpersonal Conference, Prague (September 28-October 1, 2017) As the organizers and facilitators of the annual Transpersonal Research Colloquium (TRC), we are delighted to announce that the Third Annual Transpersonal Research Colloquium (TRC) 2017 will be held at the Naprstek Museum of Asian, African, & American Cultures (http://www.nm.cz/Naprstek-Museum/) in the heart of the Prague Old Town on October 2-3, 2017. The TRC will offer the opportunity to elaborate, appreciate, and share a wide spectrum of research approaches developed and applied for studying transpersonal topics. The theme for TRC 2017 is Spiritual Practices as Research Methods: Integrating the Old and New. The TRC 2017 Call for Papers will be sent out soon and will be available on our webpage, www.transpersonalresearchnetwork.com.
Warm regards, TRC OrganizersRosemarie Anderson, Ph.D. (USA) Giovanna Calabrese, Ph.D., M.D. (Italy) Regina U. Hess, Ph.D. (Germany) Les Lancaster, Ph.D. (UK) Pier Luigi Lattuada, Ph.D., M.D. (Italy) firstname.lastname@example.org
ANNOUNCING THE SACRED CIRCLE
Co-Founders and Co-Directors Rosemarie Anderson and Les Lancaster are pleased to announce the Sacred Science Circle, www.sacredsciencecircle.org.The Sacred Science Circle gathers a sacred circle of individuals and groups that honour the “fires” of transformation implicit in all scientific, scholarly, and artistic endeavours. The elaboration of the e-Archive is our primary service activity for 2017. Photo credit: Rosemarie Anderson © 2012 The fiery image on our Home page invites you to cross the fires of transformation that “bridge” us with the Sacred and lead us toward service in the world. Together, we hope to support a 21st century paradigm shift from a detached, positivistic science to a new scientific paradigm that values engagement with the Sacred and the historical and indigenous Wisdoms Traditions worldwide. To engage in a topic with heart, mind, and soul invites change and transformation of our intellectual understanding, professional practice, and ourselves as human beings. We are never alone. The logo for the Sacred Science Circle is an open Zen circle, representing a “beginner’s mind” open to possibilities and the perfection of all things. The logo also represents the sacred circles of like-minded colleagues that we hope to create. Anyone visiting this website is invited to use the scholarly resources and links provided. Those who share our vision, please use the Contact page to register for email updates, our newsletter, or to contact one of the Co-Directors. Our mission is to further that profound route to knowing, wisdom and enrichment of being that the confluence of science and the Sacred can bring to us and to our modern world. In pursuing sacred science, the Sacred Science Circle and our partner institution, the Alef Trust, aspire to transform both ourselves and the world. Welcome!
Dr. Rosemarie Anderson
TRANSPERSONAL PSYCHOLOGY CONFERENCE OF BALTIC AND NORDIC COUNTRIES
May 13-14, 2017 in Sigulda, Latvia Theme: Our Spiritual Roots “No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless it’s roots reach down to hell.“(C.G.Jung) This two-day conference invites psychologists, psychotherapists, social workers, allied health professionals, teachers, and others, interested in transpersonal psychology and its practical applications. We welcome participants from the Baltic and North European countries, as well as guests from all parts of the world. We consider that understanding our personal and collective ancestral roots with their healing and strengthening properties, is an inexhaustible resource for personal myth making and individual self-realization. Each one of us connects past experience with hopes and dreams of the future, and in this way creates the present moment. To share our knowledge and experience we take pleasure in inviting colleagues and interested parties to one of Latvia’s most picturesque cities – Sigulda. Here we have a beautiful space in which to broaden our experience, communicate and share, and further extend our resources in transpersonal psychology. Information: http://transpersonalaizglitiba.lv/media/uploads/info_en.pdf and email@example.com
INTEGRAL TRANSPERSONAL JOURNAL
Dear Colleagues, Integral Transpersonal Journal is a double-blind peer-reviewed journal in print since 2010. It serves as the official publication of EUROTAS, the European Transpersonal Association. We now open the call for articles for the issue n. 9 and are open to receive papers until April 30th. In 2015, we decided to dedicate one number per year for monographs on integral or transpersonal clinical approaches. We started with Biotransenergetics, (issue n. 7) a new integral transpersonal discipline founded in Milan at the Integral Transpersonal institute in 1982, with over 35.000 cases of clinical and educational work. We are also open to host proposals for new transpersonal methodologies.
Best wishes Pier Luigi Lattuada ITJ Scientific Director www.integraltranspersonallife.com
THE CARNIVAL OF THERAPY, COUNSELLING AND COACHING
An Interactive Workshop Exploring Drama, Humour and the I-Positions Presented by John Rowan and Brian Kaplan Sunday 26th March 2017 ~ 10am – 5pm Philadelphia Association, 4 Marty’s Yard, 17 Hampstead High St, London NW3 1PX £150 or early bird before 1 March £130 Booking and Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This dynamic workshop aims to energise, enlighten and amuse you – and enliven your practice. ‘Heartsink’ patients and ‘Yes, but’ clients are a challenge for all therapists and counsellors. But what if the heartsink element was just one of many I-positions (or sub-personalities) in your client? What if you could use the drama of comedy and reverse psychology to quieten those I-positions that have become too loud in people, have dominated other I-positions and sabotaged their lives?
In this workshop experienced psychotherapists, counsellors and life coaches are invited to participate in a wake-up call to experience something never presented before – a unique opportunity to explore and partake in an innovative vision of therapy as alive and kicking as a carnival or vaudeville.
Inspired by the bold and daring work of Eileen Walkenstein, John and Brian invite you to explore innovative ways of enhancing your relationships with your clients. This is an opportunity to throw open the windows and even the doors of therapy and let in some fresh air as you learn, laugh and enjoy the day.
John has been writing on and demonstrating Dialogical Self Therapy for over ten years. Brian has been using Provocative Therapy for even longer. When they met recently for the first time they joyously realised that they were hoeing (or even Ho-Ho-Ho-ing) the same field in different but highly complementary ways.
JOHN ROWAN has been working in this field since 1982, and his book The Reality Game (3rd Ed.) came out this year. His more recent work on Personification (Routledge 2010) has ventured into the farther reaches of the transpersonal. He has presented workshops in 25 countries. He is a Fellow of the BPS, the BACP and the UKCP. BRIAN KAPLAN is a medical doctor working with a whole person approach. He has specialised in Provocative Therapy, the cutting edge in the use of humour and reverse psychology in the clinic and regularly teaches doctors, therapists and coaches about the safe and effective use of humour in medicine, therapy and coaching.
PILOT PROJECT IN CHINA
Transpersonal Psychotherapy, Transpersonal Breathwork and Spiritual Guidance Begins on April 7-15, 2017 (14 modules with the last modules in spring 2020) with Bernadette Blin, Dr Gennady Brevde, Dr Olga Mokhina, Dr Stefan Dressler, Julia Dressler, Dr Regina U. Hess, Dr Ingo Benjamin Jahrsetz, Dr Judith Miller; Dr Vladimir Maykov, Kristina MaikovaDirectors: Dr Ingo Benjamin Jahrsetz, Dr Judith Miller Management: Shaoran Cheng Place: Zhengzhou (China) Languages: Chinese / English Information: www.consciousness-exploration.org/offers/trainings
Dr Ingo Jahrsetz
PEACE POWER ANXIETY – PEACE FRIGHTENS? Advanced Training by Ingo Jahrsetz and Judith MillerStarting in 2017, Ingo Jahrsetz and Judith Miller will offer an ongoing one-week Advanced Training in Transpersonal Psychotherapy, Transpersonal Breathwork and Spiritual Guidance in August. Each time, interesting topics of transpersonal psychology will be introduced. The seminar from August 27 to September 1, 2017 entitled PEACE POWER ANXIETY – Peace frightens? includes Holotropic Breathwork™, systemic constellations, meditation, lectures referring to the topic and sharing. The seminar especially addresses their former and current students as well as students who attended comparable trainings. Location: Seminar Center Haus Hollerbuehl (Black Forest/Germany) Costs: 550 EUR plus room and board Language: German and English with translation. Further information can be found on our website www.consciousness-exploration.org.
Dr Ingo Jahrsetz
PRE-ANNOUNCEMENT OF A BOOKPre-announcement of a book by the team of the International Institute for Consciousness Exploration and Psychotherapy Freiburg – Coming Home Coming home describes very personal psycho-spiritual journeys of members of the Institute and we hope that this will also be an inspiration and orientation for others. The book will be first published by the British publishers Cambridge Scholars Publishing. More information soon to follow on our website www.consciousness-exploration.org
Dr. Ingo Jahrsetz
SUMMER SCHOOL IN MOLDOVA
22-28 July 2017 in Moldova, Journey beyond time and space
If you would like to participate – please contact us! Lyudmila Scortesca email@example.com
THE GODDESS WITHIN
Celebrating and Healing the Divine Feminine Presented by Mark Wentworth, 1st/2nd April – London
Inspired by the work of Jungian Scholar Dr Roger Woolger we will explore through Colour PsychoDynamics and Action Methods the strengths and the wounds we carry individually and collectively of the Great Mother. By giving voice and story to Athena, Aphrodite, Artemis, Demeter, Hera and Persephone we will learn their medicine, and through their medicine we will learn to create rituals of healing for the Great Mother
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Mark Wentworth
SEARCHING FOR THE WIZARD OF OZ
Dream Work through Action Methods and Expressive Arts Presented by Daniela Simmons, Nancy Kirsner & Mark Wentworth 9th – 14th May, 2017 – Miami, Florida
THE WIZARD OF OZ movie (1939) was one of the highest rated and most watched films of all times. Its story embodies our most enduring values and raises provocative human issues of power vs. powerlessness, good vs. bad, and escaping vs. embracing your roots. As most of the story is set “within a dream” and “over the rainbow,” the story and its characters offer rich explorations around Dream Work, Power, Belonging, Fallibility, and Hope. Join us on the “Yellow Brick Road” with action methods and Dream Work. We will bring our stories to life to discover ourselves more fully and to re-create or try on, a future best self. Find your RED SHOES; meet and explore the COWARDLY LION, the TIN MAN, and the SCARECROW. Consider and argue with the GOOD AND BAD WITCHES of the North and South.
Contact: email@example.com Mark Wentworth
TALES FROM THE COLOUR HOUSE
If you would like to receive news and updates about what is happening in the world of Colour and Light please feel free to sign up for the “Tales from The Colour House” newsletter.
Sign up at: www.colourforlife.com Mark Wentworth
INVITATION TO THE 2017 SHAMANIC EXPEDITION:
Siberian Shamanism and Sacred Site Lake Baikal / Shaman’s Rock / UNESCO World Heritage
PILGRIMAGE TO DELPHI
7-12 July 2017 5-10 August 2017
Our journey to Delphi begins with a purification ceremony on the eve of the full moon and deep inner work enabling us to open our hearts to the sacred. We will listen to the land and focus on what Mother Gaia needs, as we prepare to visit the Corycian Cave sacred to Pan, the Nymphs and the Muses. We will visit the Castalian spring, the temple of Apollo and the sanctuary of Athena Pronaia, in search of our own inner Pythia. Our purpose is to give and to receive, to listen to the land, to heal and to revision our relationship with self and others in this sacred place where two eagles met and where Zeus placed a stone under the glens of Mount Parnassus as a sign to humanity. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for accommodation and program details. Booking deadline 10/4/2017
MY TRANSPERSONAL IDENTITY CRISIS
To members of the EUROTAS community — Because I respect and care deeply about so many of you, I want to share personal concerns I have now about our transpersonal field, and about my country. Please read my article “My Transpersonal Identity Crisis” on http://eurotas.org.Thank you, Judith Miller
FROM JOHN DREWDear EUROTAS members, As a former President of EUROTAS and a supporter of its continuing development, I thought that some of you could be interested in Bonnevaux and its work. It will provide a haven of peace and contemplation for the 3000 mediation groups of WCCM and other interested associations across the world. Meditation has always been close to the hearts and minds of EUROTAS members and you may like to read about the project which is developing through the inspiration of Laurence Freeman OSM. He is a close friend of the Dalai Lama who supports his work with groups in schools, prisons, universities, religious centres and people’s homes around the world. It is a charitable foundation. Those involved give their support freely from their hearts to the concept of meditation and its development. There is no charge for the work which the global directors give to the founding and sustaining of new groups and it is in no way a commercial enterprise. The information below explains the concept and the vision. Should any EUROTAS members be interested to learn more please contact me, as I will be visiting Bonnevaux for the first time shortly!
Best wishes John
Professor John Drew Chancellor Emeritus Regent’s University London email@example.com
A Meditation and Retreat centre in France
The World Community for Christian Meditation (WCCM) will soon be opening a new international home and retreat centre in Bonnevaux, near Poitiers in France. It will be grounded in the ecumenism of the Benedictine tradition, open to all and in dialogue with all aspects of modernity. Through history, contemplative centres have always served as places of peace and reconciliation. A thousand years ago a Benedictine monastery was built in Bonnevaux. On these ancient foundations, Bonnevaux will be a 21st century contemplative centre, global and rooted in the local community and monastic life. Bonnevaux will contribute to the peace-building and mutual understanding so much needed in our world now. As a meditation centre with its roots deep in the Christian tradition and yet open to inter-faith dialogue and exchange with the many forms of secularism, it will show the potential of meditation for people of all ages, beliefs and backgrounds to open to our common humanity, unify minds and heal divided hearts. With its focus on meditation as a simple and universal wisdom, Bonnevaux will both deepen the contemplative dimension of Christian life and also bring the fruits of meditation to people of other beliefs. A wide range of retreats and events will be shaped to address the needs of participants from diverse cultures.
Prof. John Drew
LETTER FROM THE EDITOROur Newsletter of March 2017 appears to herald a time of new beginnings and different adventures into the depth of the individual and collective transpersonal psyche. Moving towards wholeness, it appears that we are preparing for the Prague conference, yet remaining very mindful of the current delicate state of the world. When the pangs first felt before giving birth get stronger and stronger, women learn to breathe and best ride the wave. This is I believe, what we need to learn to do when facing these trying times of transition. Connecting to the essence of our planet, we can also connect in so many different ways with each other, gathering the strength we need to further nourish our transpersonal community and the world at large. This newsletter is a link that allows us to connect with and share our innermost aspirations and ideals. Intrigued that we did not receive any articles for this edition of the newsletter, I have been greatly inspired however, by the understanding that in autumn and winter we will be able to turn the light around and reflect on all that we created and experienced in the spring and summer of 17. I look forward to reading and editing these reflections. I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a profound journey into heart and hope to see some of you in Delphi July/August where in August we will stand in the temple of the Oracle under the full moon at night, able to give love to our Mother Gaia – a rare opportunity.
Lindy McMullin www.quantumgreece.com
No. 80 - 05-11-2016
No. 80 - 05-11-2016
NEWSLETTER Nr. 80
November 5, 2016Board of Administrators: President Bernadette Blin, Jure Biechonski, Pier Luigi Lattuada, Ingrida Indane, Jaume Mestres, Magda Sole, Lyudmila Scortesca, Vladimir Maykov, Regina U Hess. Newsletter Editor: Lindy McMullin
TABLE OF CONTENTSSHARING PAGE 2….Editorial from the President by Bernadette Blin PAGE 3…..Summary of the EUROTAS Board Meeting in Rumania by Steven Schmitz PAGE 3…..Greetings and links from Jörg Fuhrmann UPCOMING EVENTS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, TRAINING PROGRAMS & WORKSHOPS PAGE 4….. Our next Transpersonal Conference in Prague, 2017 by EUROTAS Board PAGE 4….. Peace Power Anxiety by Ingo Jahrsetz and Judith Miller PAGE 5…. Dreaming & Healing Conference by Dean Lee PAGE 6…. Gateway Voyage by Linda Leblanc PAGE 7…. TPT –Transpersonal Psychotherapy Training by Pier Luigi Lattuada PAGE 8 ….. International activities of PNEYMA SYSTEM by Alessandra Brunelli ARTICLES PAGE 8…. Rites of passage and Transpersonal Therapy by Arturo De Luca, Ph. D., Psy. D. PAGE 9…. The Monroe Institute’s Gateway Voyage in Europe by Linda Leblanc PAGE 10….News from Slovenia by Romana Kress PAGE 11… The Breath of the Goddess Nephthys in Pneuma Breathwork by Juan Ruiz Naupari PAGE 11….Poem by Liv Evensen PAGE 13 .…Letter from the Editor by Lindy McMullin
EDITORIAL FROM THE PRESIDENTLove was certainly a miracle during the days we spent in Constanza (Romania). There was a special quality of warmth and connectedness, and I heard many people who had come for the first time to a EUROTAS conference, expressing how open and friendly the atmosphere was. If we were able to create a space filled with love, acceptance, kindness and benevolence within our community, it is a good starting point. Although none of us had the opportunity to meet and speak with all the participants, I have a feeling that nobody was left aside. I was touched to hear people at the end of the conference mentioning how this community is welcoming in such a simple way. During our transpersonal life-journey, most of us try not only to heal our wounds (the wounds of the inner child) but also to develop an ability to be more open, loving and respectful towards other people, species on this planet and nature. The Transpersonal for me is both vertical and horizontal. Its verticality is the connection to what is beyond and holds us; the axis joining earth and heaven. This dimension is essential but not adequate enough, because as human beings and members of a community, we are all parts of the Whole. We need to fully incarnate the Divine, the Essence in our Being, but also our connection to the horizontal dimension that connects us with our human brothers and sisters. Both dimensions and directions are important. If spirituality is just a process turned towards “God” (or any word that is more significant for you), then we miss our opportunity and fulfillment at a human and incarnated level. We need to open our hearts to whomever and whatever is around us, even when facing unpleasant realities. This is the challenge and maybe this is less spectacular than transcendental experiences, but it is as important or even more important. Our world is in crisis because of the lack of caring for others who are in deep suffering. Once again, maybe as committed transpersonal people, we could, and should, make a difference. This after all is what we need to achieve in our daily lives!
With my love for all of you Bernadette Blin EUROTAS President
SUMMARY OF THE EUROTAS BOARD MEETING IN ESTONIA
Greetings from the last EUROTAS Board Meeting September 23-24, 2016, Venus, RomaniaThe Board discussed the idea of having a Council of Youngers. This is an opportunity for a group of younger people to express their interests, make suggestions, and provide contributions to EUROTAS. We also have two new certified ESTP members – Elina Rudaja and Nikita Grigoriey from Estonia. We welcome both of them. The five transpersonal journals (Integral Transpersonal Journal, The Journal of Transpersonal Psychology, The International Journal of Transpersonal Studies, The Journal of Transpersonal Research, and The Transpersonal Psychology Review) are working together collaboratively to create a common index to make searching for articles easier. The journals are looking for articles to be submitted about methodology of research. The EUROTAS Board has applied for acceptance in the EAP. We are waiting to hear back from them. The Board is looking to develop Scientific Committees for its various departments. This is a way to get more people involved in and have more support for EUROTAS. We discussed the upcoming International Transpersonal Conference that will be in Prague – September 27 to October 1, 2017. We invite all of you to join us for this big event. The Board is working on a Charter for the EUROTAS Department of Transpersonal Education (EDTE). The purposes of EDTE are to actively represent, support, encourage, and promote transpersonal education in Europe. The Board of EUROTAS invites all of you to participate with us in promoting the transpersonal vision in the world. Together we can make a difference.
GREETINGS AND LINKS FROM JÖRG FUHRMANNDear Transpersonal Colleagues, I hope you all had a safe trip back from the EUROTAS-Conference, which took place near the Black Sea. For me it was quite an adventure to travel through Romania by car. It was wonderful to meet all of you there and have such an open hearted community. For all who want some reminders of the conference, or those who couldn´t be there, I have uploaded videos onto my YouTube-Channel for free. You can also find presentations from “Beyond Psychedelics” in Prague, where I went after Venus. Please Share/ Comment/ Subscribe to spread the transpersonal spirit. Link to my Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/freiraumfuhrmann/videos Bernadette Blin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVSUxo1_8T4 Maite Pardo Sol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9j-yTY5Eb8 Stuart Sovatsky: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxICGjZTaK0 Jure Biechonski: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI8eYwxkCvc James Eyerman: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9J1YZsxuMM Pieter Fairfield: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpfdlDvC6Uw Siegmar Gerken: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud3_OCFswkw Pier Luigi Lattuada: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clZVdx5jzmQ Ion Manzat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtdbpR1GULc
I hope to see you next year in Prague.
Best Wishes from Switzerland!
OUR NEXT INTERNATIONAL TRANSPERSONAL CONFERENCE – IN PRAGUE, 2017The ITC will be organized by Czech associations in collaboration with EUROTAS in Prague, September 27 – October 1, 2017. More information soon to follow!
Yours, EUROTAS Board
PEACE POWER ANXIETY
PEACE POWER ANXIETY – Peace frightens?
by Ingo Jahrsetz
and Judith Miller
Starting in 2017, Ingo Jahrsetz and Judith Miller will offer
an ongoing one-week Advanced Training in Transpersonal Psychotherapy, Transpersonal Breathwork and Spiritual Guidance in August. Each time, interesting topics of transpersonal psychology will be discussed. The seminar from August 27 to September 1, 2017 entitled PEACE POWER ANXIETY – Peace frightens? includes Holotropic Breathwork™, systemic constellations, meditation, lectures referring to the topic and sharing. The seminar especially addresses former and current students as well as students who have attended comparable trainings.Location: Seminar Center Haus Hollerbuehl (Black Forest/Germany) Costs: 550 EUR plus room and board Language: German and English with translation. Further information can be found on our website www.consciousness-exploration.org.
Dr.Ingo Jahrsetz (Germany)
DREAMING & HEALING CONFERENCEAt the Dreaming & Healing Conference you will discover many pathways toward healing through working with dreams. Learn how to work with your unconscious and imagination so dreams respond with valuable information regarding your physical, mental, emotional health. Gain insight into the language of symbol, myth, metaphor, archetype, nature to help you live a healthier life. Practice hands-on dreamwork exercises, circle work, creative activities to gain greater insight into dreams, waking life, and health. Keynote speaker Jeremy Taylor, DMin, will discuss dreams as physical health diagnostics. Our International Dreams and Health Expert panel will cover all health dimensions to address participants’ concerns and inquiries. Our panel includes holistic, alternative, Chinese medicine doctors, shamans, astrologers, philosophers, psychologists, herbalist and somatic therapists. Conference facilitators: Sven Doehner, PhD, MFA, Arnold Hook, LCSW, PhD, Rebecca Peterson, MA, Wilka Roig, MATP, MFA. March 31-April 2, 2017, Hotel Posada la Aldea, San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, MEXICO For more information: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dreaming-and-healing-many-pathways-registration-27342455019
The Monroe Institute’s Gateway Voyage®
Greece (in English)
May 12 – 18, 2017
The renowned, original Robert Monroe’s Gateway Voyage 5-day/6-night residential course is again being held in Greece.
Discover the power of Hemi-Sync® audio sound technology to:· Enter levels of expanded awareness · Achieve deep relaxation · Keep the mind awake while the body is asleep · Explore the out-of-body state and other energy systems · Enter a state of No Time Our location is the Noosfera Retreat Center, near Corinth, a purposely built complex of wooden cottages created for educational events focused on spiritual development. Ten spacious double bedrooms, with private bathrooms, have a unique built-in electronic installation, to allow participants to use headphones to listen to exercises, while lying comfortably on their beds, similar to Monroe Institute’s headquarters in Virginia, USA. For further details, contact Linda Leblanc, Residential Trainer of The Monroe Institute, email: firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.noosfera.gr/en/upcoming-programs-seminars/
TPT – TRANSPERSONAL PSYCHOTHERAPY TRAINING
Fully Accredited by the Italian Department of Education, University and Research (MIUR)TPT, a four year training course, is promoted by the Integral Transpersonal Institute of Milan, Italy, directed by Pier Luigi Lattuada M.D., Psy.D. Ph.D. It offers a Psychotherapist degree to psychologists and medical doctors, fully recognized in Europe. The expected learning outcomes are:
- To provide experiential training and personal integration of the principles and practices of Transpersonal Psychology and Biotransenergetics.
- Ability to engage in individual and group transpersonal psychotherapy practice.
- Acquisition of skills and ability to apply the Transpersonal Approach to families, communities, companies.
- Skills for providing leadership in advancing the field of Transpersonal Psychology.
- Growth in Self-Realization, awakening of the spiritual nature of Mindfulness and Compassion.
Dr. Pier Luigi Lattuada
INTERNATIONAL ACTIVITIES OF PNEUMA SYSTEM
Information received from Alessandra Brunelli
RITES OF PASSAGE AND TRANSPERSONAL THERAPYThis article explores the importance of the traditional model of Rites of Passage Ceremonies. This is in an effort to see what insight might be offered to the transpersonal paradigm, at this time of global crisis and transition. According to the clinical perspective of Developmental Psychology, the human lifetime cycle goes through stages and transitions; stages traditionally marked and celebrated in many cultures across the planet (Van Gennep, 1909). On the other hand, disease, personal hardship and identity crises emphasize the serious consequences of the loss of rites of passage. The transpersonal perspective would like to offer a different and broader vision of human life, proposing a new model of experience and integration that accords full extension to the rites of passage. In this model I point out three fundamental stages and also propose an adventurous journey oriented by the archetypes and articulated as follows:
- Separation/Detachment: Often involves deep emotions such as escape, punishment, loss the old self, alienation and other changes.
- Transition or transe-ition: Often called the luminal stage which effectively is a non-ordinary state of consciousness. This is the time of the in-between in which I invite the participant not only to lose their old self, but also to prepare for a deep change. This ritual is accompanied by masks, dance, music and other therapeutic tools; a ritual of dis-location with the purpose of reincorporating the most genuine identity – the personal archetype – in order to prepare for new identity.
- Transformation or Death-Rebirth: this is the final stage of the process and I invite every participant to collaborate with others in a ceremony of sacred sharing (meditation, dancing and painting).
Arturo De Luca, Ph. D., Psy. D.
MONROE INSTITUTE’S GATEWAY VOYAGE® IN EUROPEFor over 40 years, thousands have participated in The Monroe Institute’s (TMI) flagship course Gateway Voyage, which provides an opportunity to experience Robert Monroe’s original, ground-breaking program on the exploration of human consciousness. The 5-day/6-night residential Gateway Voyage is a transformative course to accelerate one’s ability to go farther and faster into different dimensions of consciousness. Verbal instruction along with potent Hemi-Sync® audio signals gently guide participants into progressively deeper levels of profound states of awareness — into the recognition that one is far more than the physical body. Gateway Voyage focuses on exploring various states of consciousness through direct experience. It will shift perspectives of what is possible, tap into potential and expand who one is as a human being. In 1994, a front-page article in the Wall Street Journal reported the opinion of the head of a Zen Buddhist Temple in Vancouver, Canada, that “Gateway students can reach meditation states in a week that took [me] 30 years of sitting.” Many Gateway Voyage participants report: Greater focus
- Enhanced self-empowerment
- Profound inner wisdom and deeper understanding of oneself
- Stress-reduction and better problem-solving skills
- Ability to realign emotions
- Ability to set and to achieve goals
- Obtaining states of lucidity which enhance all aspects of daily life
Linda Leblanc, Residential Trainer, Monroe Institute, Cyprus
NEWS FROM SLOVENIAWe are firmly on the path of establishing a training course in Transpersonal Psychotherapy and are pleased to let you know that this year our Association for Transpersonal Psychotherapy has been accepted as a member of the Slovenian Umbrella Organisation for Psychotherapy (SKZP). Last year we co-organised together with the Slovenian Association for Logotherapy, an annual conference with the title Psychotherapy and Spirituality. In it we examined the Religio-Magical roots of Psychotherapy; this suggested that Psychotherapy and Spiritual Practice, practised from a transpersonal perspective contains many elements common to both. A well attended workshop Intuition, Inspiration and Will run by Monica Anthony (UKCP) enabled participants to experience these three main elements on journeys towards greater expansion of consciousness as viewed by Roberto Assagioli and Ian Gordon-Brown. At the Institute for Transpersonal Psychotherapy we continue to provide individual psychotherapy, individual and group supervision and one day workshops, such as Symptom as Symbol, Cycles and Stages of Life, Role of Imagination in Transformative Processes and Dreamwork. Our next workshop takes place on Saturday 19th November 2016 entitled Working Therapeutically with Dreams.
THE BREATH OF THE GODDESS NEPHTHYS IN PNEUMA BREATHWORKIn the myth of Osiris, Isis and Horus, the goddess Nephthys is the protector of the lungs, associated with Solar Breathing of which Pneuma Breathwork forms a part of. So what is Nephthys’s function? She incinerates enemies with her breath of fire, and helps Isis harvest the members of Osiris. Psychologically we must go beyond the myth. Osiris’s fragmented parts represent the fragmented parts of our conscience. Seth and his demons have taken Osiris’s parts, divided him into 14 pieces, conditioned and bottled him. In transpersonal language this means that if we do not have patience, which is one of the parts of Osiris’s body, it is because there is a part of Seth in his form of impatience. If there is no Love it is because there is hatred. If there is bitterness, sweetness has been hidden. If there is no wisdom, ignorance has prevailed. This is the duality that the Ego has generated in our psyche. Someone has to go in search of Osiris’s fragmented parts, someone has to fight to achieve victory. This someone is Horus, the Inner Being, the Divine Gene inside of us all. The lungs are associated with life, and the ego has the power to affect our respiratory process dramatically. When we are irritated, our respiratory rate accelerates, our nervous system is altered, we cannot think clearly and fire accumulates. This fire is the fire of the ego that burns and because of it, air is associated with fire; the fire of the goddess Nephthys is different from that of the ego.
Juan Ruiz Naupari
POEM FROM LIV EVENSENDear EUROTAS Newsletter Readers, I have lost my beloved soul-mate. May I commemorate it in this way and with the knowledge we will meet again in a future life? We are the same, but following differing life paths now; one soul in two bodies, far from each other in terms of Geography too. Although a poet myself, may I be allowed to do it this way, as Spirit guides me, to find a poem as an expression of our love for each other? Whilst we both journeyed high we knew we were connected and knew we were working on inner travels with Source. We knew we were to meet again but then a major karmic accident broke our connection. So, in transition with Source and Healing Helpers in Spirit, I am here on Earth today in a body, as I was at the beginning of strength sixteen months ago; strong and soft with gentle dreams and song-lines. Spirit comes through and speaks to me, showing me the end of this particular “Pictures Close to Earth” transition: “You are the same! What you yearn for will not happen now, for it is still too early!” My Dearest Darling, I will love thee for the rest of mine life. (Please read about E. E. Cummings, and the way he created this poem, with lack of punctuation marks etc. as part of his beautiful poetic expression) To my soul-mated one, A (as the “A” left my dreAm):
[i carry your heart with me(i carry it in]
By E. E. Cummings
i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
no fate(for you are my fate, my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you
here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that’s keeping the stars apart
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)(“[i carry your heart with me (i carry it in]” Copyright 1952, © 1980, 1991 by the Trustees for the E. E. Cummings Trust, from Complete Poems: 1904-1962 by E. E. Cummings, edited by George J. Firmage. Source: Complete Poems: 1904-1962 Liveright Publishing Corporation, 1991)
Liv E, the Shamanic Dreamer and Communicator with Spirit of Most High (that tooJ)
The Fabel Lab Creative Workshop and Words-myths. LivE’Art-Dream’Art.
www.sensoul.info – www.freewebs.com/sensoul. Mail: email@example.com.
LETTER FROM THE EDITORIt was wonderful seeing everyone at the conference in Romania – Ilie I trust you have begun to unwind and integrate all you went through in organizing such an event. Best of luck Jana Dudová and all those involved in organizing the XVIII EUROTAS conference in Prague. Next year in Prague will be special. Not only will I be visiting the birth place of my grandmother Maria Ajsler as a first time grandmother (My son Edward and Chrysanthi get married on the 1st of January 2017 and welcome their daughter to this realm in April 2017), but we hope to launch the publication of Metamorphosis: Dis-Integration, Re-Integration, Conscious Living at the conference in 2017. I look forward to celebrating this historic event with all our authors, as my esteemed co-editors Marcie Boucouvalas and Regina Hess have been busy editing the wonderful articles representing workshops that took place at the XVI EUROTAS conference in Crete. Our book will always reference the moment the Transpersonal Associations came together on that magical island wisely suggested as a venue, by Dr.Ingo Jahrsetz. As 2016 comes to a close, I propose we all reflect on the miraculous changes that have taken place in our hearts during 2016 and preparing for the new challenges and joys we will face in 2017. In the end result, challenges we face in these times herald the birth of more conscious societies that bring joy, for such is the nature of life. I wish all our readers and contributors a reflective passage through into the New Year, and look forward to receiving your inspiring articles in the New Year.
Lindy L.S. McMullin
No. 79 - 28-07-2016
No. 79 - 28-07-2016
NEWSLETTER Nr. 79
July 28, 2016Board of Administrators: President Bernadette Blin, Jure Biechonski, Pier Luigi Lattuada, Ingrida Indane, Jaume Mestres, Magda Solé, Steven Schmitz, Lyudmila Scortesca, Vladimir Maykov, Regina U Hess. Newsletter Editor: Lindy McMullin TABLE OF CONTENTS SHARING PAGE 2….Editorial from the President by Bernadette Blin PAGE 2…..Summary of the EUROTAS Board Meeting in Estonia by Regina U Hess PAGE 4…..The next EUROTAS conferences by the EUROTAS Board UPCOMING EVENTS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, TRAINING PROGRAMS & WORKSHOPS PAGE 5…..The Third Transpersonal Research Colloquium by Regina U Hess PAGE 6…. Integral Transpersonal Journal n°8, July 2016 by Giovanna Calabrese PAGE 6…. The Ninth International Conference on the Dialogical Self by John Rowan PAGE 7…. Sofia University Seeks Adjunct Faculty by Rosemarie Anderson PAGE 7 …..Psychology in the Light of the East by Margot Esther Borden PAGE 8….. Souldrama in Lisbon by Connie Miller ARTICLES PAGE 8…..The Joy of Being at the Long Beanstalk by Vineta Lagzdina PAGE 9……Transpersonal Love and the Unknown by Dean Kevin Lee PAGE 10 .…Letter from the Editor by Lindy McMullin
EDITORIAL FROM THE PRESIDENT
Writing for this publication is like a ritual as it gives me the opportunity to meet with you on a regular basis to nourish our connection. I usually talk about topics related to the collective, but this time I would like to share something very personal with you, which may very well relate to the collective.
I am currently emerging from a very difficult situation in France, where I had to face a judge to convince her that transpersonal practices are not dangerous, and that I was not guilty of dangerous practice. Having no idea what the transpersonal is all about, the French authorities were suspicious and of the opinion that both the vision and practice were harmful. This was not an easy task at all, but rather one where the stakes ran high; however, it provided me with an opportunity to practice what we teach! Trusting in whatever reality seems to be, focused on the most beautiful outcomes even if the last four years have been a struggle, and staying connected to what is important, at the same time acknowledging the dance of emotions that appeared time after time, enabled me to stand up not only for what I believe in, but for what we serve in our transpersonal community. After hazardous journeying and high risk taking, last week a miracle unfolded. Even though I still have two ongoing trials with the French administration, the judge decided to waiver all allegations that had been made against me. As you can imagine this is a huge relief, and what makes it very special is that so many people were supporting me; meditating, praying, carrying out rituals, energetic practices, etc., that during the court hearing I could feel them the entire time.
This path, as difficult it has been and is, has taught me so much. It has showed me how strongly we are all connected as a whole, and how powerful our community is, which means that we can make a difference in this world. I never gave up when faced with ignorance and will continue fighting for the transpersonal vision, not only in my country but in the rest of the world as well. I know that we are all joined in this effort and this is why it is so important for me to share this with you.
As summertime for most of us is in its prime, this is an opportunity for resting, travelling, discovering new places or visiting with family or friends. Let me take the time to thank you all for your ongoing support and to wish you all the best this summer, doing what you love the most and resting deeply.
With my love
SUMMARY OF THE EUROTAS BOARD MEETING IN ESTONIA
Greetings from the last EUROTAS Board Meeting June 28-29, 2016, near Valga, Estonia
By Regina U. Hess (Deputy Secretary)
Our latest EUROTAS board meeting and ESTP meeting were organized by our board member Jure Biechonski, and took place near Valga, Estonia. Our secretary Steven Schmitz could not be with us, so board member Regina U. Hess took the minutes briefly outlined here. Thanks so much to our host, Jure, who organized our accommodation in such a magical place; the untouched nature of a Baltic wonderland was greatly appreciated as was a visit to one of the museums that offered insight into traditional ancient Estonian village culture and tradition.
The ESTP Committee meeting took place on June 26, and was followed by a team building day, and then by the EUROTAS board meeting. The application materials for accreditation of the EUROTAS Transpersonal Psychotherapy Certificate by the European Association for Psychotherapy (EAP) were further finalized. ESTP Committee certified five new professional members: Neta Shaked-Kushli, Elena Ljachowa, Natalya Firstova, Olga Pahhomova, and Arturo de Luca. Congratulations to all!
The new “EUROTAS Transpersonal Coaching Department “ has been approved and will be further developed by its founders Jaume Mestres and Magda Sole.
A further new development is the creation of a virtual platform for the conduction of seminars, and webinars, and the sharing of information and events. Called “Global Transpersonal Campus,” it has been founded by Magda Sole and Jaume Mestres and will be directly connected to the EUROTAS webpage. All professional members are invited to send their information for publication in the Global Transpersonal Campus.
The financial report presented by our treasurer Jaume Mestres, described a similar fiscal closure to that of the previous year.
A new category for professional membership has been created by the EUROTAS Division for Transpersonal Research (EDTR) that has been approved by the board. The EUROTAS Professional Membership for Researchers and Academics requires an annual fee of 80 Euros and students will be granted a reduced fee for individual membership of 60 Euros. For those colleagues who are transpersonal psychotherapists and researchers/academics, professional membership will be available for 80 Euros, including two professional memberships of ESTP and EDTR, for the price of one professional membership.
Other topics discussed at the board meeting, included supporting further global transpersonal research initiatives and transpersonal education with a multidisciplinary focus. Additionally, it was acknowledged that Giovanna Calabrese stepped down from the EUROTAS Board in March.
We discussed the aim of bringing in new board members who will represent the next generation of colleagues. There is even a vision to perhaps create an additional EUROTAS Board of Youth – the Next Generation in the future. This will be work in progress and will take some time to find the right structure to ensure its success.
Transformation of the Board members after the Team Building and Board Meeting in Estonia,
June 27-29, 2016
THE NEXT EUROTAS CONFERENCES
The promotion of the upcoming 2016 EUROTAS Conference in Romania is currently a main priority, and we would like to invite all members and friends of EUROTAS, to further market this event in their own networks. The conference will be held under the motto: Love – the Eternal Miracle, at the Hotel Afrodita in the seaside village of Venus, near Constanza, Romania. Check out more details at: www.eurotas2016.com.Last but not least, here are some important conference announcements for your calendar:
- 2017 EUROTAS Conference in Prague, Czech Republic Sept 27-Oct 1, organized by the Czech Transpersonal Association
- This will be followed by the Third Transpersonal Research Colloquium (TRC) Oct 2-3, 2017 organized by the Transpersonal Research Network (TRN)
- 2018 EUROTAS Conference in St. Petersburg, Russia, Sept 19-23, organized by Vladimir Maykov and the Russian Transpersonal Association
- 2019 EUROTAS Conference in France, organized by Bernadette Blin and the French Transpersonal Association
- 2020 EUROTAS Conference in Spain, organized by Magda Sole, Jaume Mestres and the Spanish Transpersonal Association.
A wonder-filled magical summer- or winter time around the globe
From the EUROTAS board to our diverse multicultural colourful
Announcement of the Third Annual Transpersonal Research Colloquium
October 2-3, 2017, Prague, Czech Republic
As the organizers and facilitators of the annual Transpersonal Research Colloquium (TRC), we are delighted to announce the Third Annual Transpersonal Research Colloquium (TRC) 2017 to be held in Prague, Czech Republic on October 2-3, 2017. TRC 2017 will immediately follow the 2017 EUROTAS Conference, September 27-October 1, 2017. Please mark your calendar accordingly and save the date.
The TRC will offer the opportunity to elaborate, appreciate, and share a wide spectrum of research approaches developed and applied for studying transpersonal topics and benefit from the wealth of research experience and wide variety of research methods presented.We look forward to welcoming you to the TRC 2017. Warm regards, TRC Organizers and founders of the Transpersonal Research Network (TRN) Rosemarie Anderson, Ph.D. (USA) Giovanna Calabrese, Ph.D., M.D. (Italy) Regina U. Hess, Ph.D. (Germany) Pier Luigi Lattuada, Ph.D., M.D. (Italy) www.transpersonalresearchnetwork.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Regina U Hess
THE 9TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON THE DIALOGICAL SELF
Scheduled to take place in Lublin on the 7th-10th September this yearMy own presentation is on ‘I-positions and the Unconscious’, and other presentations include the following:
- Hubert Hermans, The Netherlands – Dialogical Self Theory: State of the Art
- Rom Harre, USA – Pronouns as the Cement of Dialogue and the Fine Structure of the Diversities of Personhood
- Mark Freeman, USA – Worlds Within and Without: Thinking Otherwise About the Dialogical Self
- Andrzej Nowak, Poland – Dynamics of the Self-Structure
- Malgorzata Puchalska-Wasyl, Poland – Society of Mind as a Scene for Internal Interlocutors and Their Relationships
INTEGRAL TRANSPERSONAL JOURNAL N8, JULY 2016
The thread of this issue is not simply transpersonal psychology and psychotherapy, but how we as professionals, can confront our self within a larger audience.
Bernardette Blin, EUROTAS president tells her story, and gives a formidable account on how dealing with personal and professional attacks can be transformative if considered from a transpersonal perspective.
Herrmann gives an exhaustive description of the roots of transpersonal psychology starting from W. James and C.G. Jung.
The paper from Marconi and Pagliaro, is a demonstration that our vision and our understanding have a lot in common with other people’s view.
Kuskov and Dwight give a very interesting personal account of self development from two different approaches.
As the readers ITJ can see we try to include different approaches and give voice to everyone.
As director of ITJ I do hope to have more contributions from EUROTAS members, willing to share their expertise and vision.
Giovanna Calabrese, M.D., Ph.D., M. Psy.
SOFIA UNIVERSITY SEEKS ADJUNCT FACULTY
Sofia University Seeks Adjunct Faculty
Sofia University seeks part-time, adjunct faculty to teach courses in its Masters and PhD Programs in Transpersonal Psychology. The university seeks adjunct faculty with expertise in Asian, Western, and Indigenous Traditions, Research Methods, Creativity and Critical Thinking, Somatic Psychology, Depth Psychology, Psychology of Transformation, Ecopsychology and Social Change, Higher States of Consciousness. There is a minimum requirement of holding PhD or equivalent, and three years of teaching experience. See http://www.sofia.edu/jobs/ for details and contact information.
Rosemarie Anderson, Professor Emerita
On behalf of Liz Li, Sofia University President
PSYCHOLOGY IN THE LIGHT OF THE EAST
I am pleased to announce the upcoming launch of my new book to be released in October 2016
Psychology in the Light of the East
Margot Esther Borden
Rowman & Littlefield, NY – October 2016
How can we realize our full potential? Is the answer found in the scientific approach and rigor of Western psychology or in the esoteric wisdom of the East? The answer lies somewhere in between.
This book offers a comprehensive view of existing schools and further possibilities for psycho-spiritual development. Students and practitioners of psychology will find useful perspectives and resources for development and practice of an integral approach. Those seeking self-discovery and healing will gain a deep, holistic understanding, enabling them to choose a method and a practitioner to walk alongside them.
Ultimately this is the story of the author’s search for truth—from the evolution of psycho-spiritual beliefs in East and West, to her own psychological development, spiritual growth, research and thirty years of clinical practice accompanying individuals in their quest. Margot Borden realized that the general perception and corresponding approaches to psychology were too limited. In some cases the full human element was missing and, in others, the spiritual. Eastern and Western models of Integral Psychology close this gap, offering wonderful and limitless possibilities.
Psychology in the Light of the East conveys a vision of human potential and psychology that transcends the borders of East and West and opens the scope for a multi-dimensional, plural-disciplinary and inclusive theory and practice for psychology. The reader is invited to go beyond current psychological scopes of treating symptoms or simple well-being, toward an invitation and means for transformation from ego to soul-consciousness.
Margot Esther Borden
October 7-9, 2016 Lisbon, Portugal
Wholeness involves bringing together what has been separated. This is the meaning of integration. A soul under stress sacrifices parts of itself. True healing involves helping a person to gradually re-own and re-integrate any of the severed aspects of self- love, courage, a sense of empowerment, sexuality, spiritual connectedness, humility, surrender, tenderness, and independent thinking. Helping people redefine themselves by putting the focus inward toward their divine selves and back toward their spontaneity and creativity in turn enables them to develop a relationship with their higher selves.
In an increasingly fragmented world, we seek inner wholeness, spiritual purpose-and love. While wanting to progress on our spiritual path, however, we are often held back by our sense of wounding. To be truly capable of giving and receiving love, we have to embrace our essential natures and heal our emotional wounds while practicing acceptance and forgiveness. With its unique blend of psychology and spirituality, our experiential workshops are designed to guide you on your inner journey to healing. Join Manuela Maciel and Connie Miller on this incredible journey of Souldrama!
Connie Miller, Approved Clinical Supervisor, TEP.LPC.NCC Owner and Founder International Institute for Souldrama www.souldrama.com
THE JOY OF BEING at the LONG BEANSTALK
Summer School of Transpersonal Psychology in Latvia, 8-12 July, 2016
Already in its 6th year, this summer school is held in a different location in the countryside every year and is organized through the Latvian Transpersonal Psychology and Psychotherapy Association (LTPPA) together with the Transpersonal Educational Institute (TII).
This year it was held by the Baltic Sea at a camping site with excellent facilities. Master classes were facilitated over two days by Dr. Regina Hess from Germany, applying Shamanic Practices in modification to reach into the essence of being; Ludmilla Scorteska from Moldavia using Holotropic Breathing processes to take a journey into oneself; Jure Biechonski from Estonia applying Transpersonal Hypnoanalysis in working with one’s inner child; and Simona Orinska from Latvia with Butoh Theatre, Dance and Movement Therapy techniques for exploring caterpillar to butterfly transformation.
It was a fantastic, intense, and liberating experience for all participants, many of them new to the transpersonal. Positive feedback came such as; “Wonderful group work,” “Reached deeper levels than expected,” “Beyond expectations,” “An excellent atmosphere, good company, made new connections.” The location was perfect, so near the sea that some went swimming morning and night; workshops often went over time as the work taking place was totally absorbing and genuinely meaningful and deep in transformative experiences.
Aside from workshops, the evenings provided an opportunity to build on and be introduced to the history and rituals of the Labyrinth, to learn and participate in a Yarning Circle (Australian Aboriginal style), enjoy a Chinese Tea Ceremony before entering a Latvian Sauna experience and a final night performance and concert by participants, with Fireworks and DJ music provided by transpersonal experienced volunteers.
TRANSPERSONAL LOVE AND THE UNKNOWNAs the theme in the upcoming EUROTAS conference in September is “Love, an eternal miracle”, I feel called to offer an article on transpersonal relationships, especially the kind that has to do with intimate love. Love relationships which are transpersonal in nature have an element of the unknown. This element of unknown expresses itself in many different ways. For example the unknown is the attitude intimate partners are willing to hold towards each other. One does not assume to know everything there is to know about a partner. One is often interested in observing and discussing before coming to conclusions about the other person. Therefore, intimate partners in a transpersonal relationship are spared the fate of having their personality caricaturized and cast in iron forever. In other words, one usually makes room for the benefit of the doubt. A change in the perspective of one’s partner is always possible. A transpersonal love relationship develops in ways that do not necessarily conform to expectations. Assuming the foundation of genuine attraction and palpable compatibility is there within the relationship, the path to be taken, and the fruit of this relationship, is generally unpredictable. Rigidity in one’s expectations such as after how many months of dating should the relationship become ‘serious’, or if one must have certain aspirations for the relationship to work, or if the relationship must be legitimatized in the eyes of one’s parents, all become iron hands which choke the life out of the relationship. To be transpersonal is to acknowledge and live the mystery of life which connects us all. A transpersonal love relationship carries with it that mystery of life; therefore, it is never knowable, predictable, or controllable. For love to flourish in a relationship, it must be given room to be its mysterious and unknowable self.
Original article written by Dean Hsuieh-Dean Lee on July 23rd, 2016;
Dean Hsuieh-Dean Lee is formerly known as Dean Kevin Lee.
LETTER FROM THE EDITORWhen choosing the title for the EUROTAS XVI conference in Crete, I recall feeling proud of the word Metamorphosis, looking at the beauty of Disintegration and focusing intently on Integration and the Transpersonal. Today however, the word disintegration has taken on another hue. Nowadays, disintegration includes a violent edge of rage pounding away in the heart that explodes into tiny, black pieces of shrapnel. Disintegration includes carrying human beings to the slaughterhouse and there is no value whatsoever in human dignity. It encompasses fear and hatred, shutting doors and building mistrust. I find myself praying for those who are losing soul more than I pray for their victims, because this is what my heart tells me to do. I do not know what the solution to all this is, but what I do know is that now more than ever the Transpersonal Community must come together, offer guidelines to those who do not know how to work with their inner being, and focus on solutions to find ways to ease the birth pangs of transformation. We need to educate more and focus on what can be done to help the current social, economic and cultural problems. Perhaps we even need to critically appraise what the Transpersonal means in today’s global crisis. What a perfect opportunity for our contributors to focus on articles that cover this vast topic, and that bring solutions, ideas and reflections that can assist in facilitating the changing world around us. May I take this opportunity to wish you all a fruitful summer/winter and look forward to reading your articles in the next newsletter scheduled to come out in November 2016.
Lindy L.S. McMullin
No. 78 - 04-03-2016
No. 78 - 04-03-2016
NEWSLETTER Nr. 78
March 4, 2016Board of Administrators: President Bernadette Blin, Jure Biechonski, Pier Luigi Lattuada, Ingrida Indane, Jaume Mestres, Magda Solé, Steven Schmitz, Lyudmila Scortesca, Giovanna Calabrese, Vladimir Maykov, Regina U Hess. Newsletter Editor: Lindy McMullin
TABLE OF CONTENTSSHARING PAGE 2….Editorial from the President by Bernadette Blin PAGE 3…..Summary of the EUROTAS Board Meeting in Moldova by Regina U Hess PAGE 4…..New Option for EUROTAS Members by Ingrida Indane UPCOMING EVENTS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, TRAINING PROGRAMS & WORKSHOPS PAGE 5…. The XVII EUROTAS Conference Venus, Romania by EUROTAS Board PAGE 6…. The 5th Transpersonal Psychology Conference of the Baltic Countries by the Org. Committee PAGE 7…. The Second Transpersonal Research Colloquium by Giovanna Calabrese PAGE 7…. News from Estonia by Jure Biechonski PAGE 8…. The Seven New Rites of Power by Helmut Christof PAGE 8…. Specialist Courses by Les Lancaster PAGE 9….. Colour Quest – the Journey Home by Mark Wentworth PAGE 10…. Intensive seminar, offered by Angaangaq and Pier Luigi Lattuada by Valentina Lattuada PAGE 11…. The Power of Healing through Play by Mark Wentworth PAGE 11…. John Rowan Masterclass 2016 by John Rowan ARTICLES PAGE 12….HEART Therapy by John Rowan PAGE 12….Values Proposal Summary by John Drew PAGE 13.…What happens during Pneuma Breathwork? by Alessandra Brunelli PAGE 14….Colour the World with Hope by Mark Wentworth PAGE 15….Have you experienced a spiritual event that transformed your life? by Marie Grace Brooks PAGE 15….Tao Te Ching – Poem 66 from Rosemarie Anderson PAGE 16 .…Letter from the Editor
EDITORIAL FROM THE PRESIDENTRecently, I had an interesting conversation with the Director of a prominent French association, involved in spirituality and personal development. She had just seen a very moving and powerful documentary called “Demain” (Tomorrow), showing how we can change the world, in many different practical ways. She shared how surprised she was to note that spirituality was never mentioned in the film. When she asked the director why, he replied that it was too early to talk about spirituality, because people were not ready to listen! I told her in my opinion we were perhaps already too late, especially when reflecting on how the lack of spirituality and consciousness, has driven the world. Maybe it is related to age, but I feel a growing sense of urgency and it is becoming more and more frequent. Yesterday, I had lunch with a journalist (who is also a psychotherapist) of a very well known French magazine, Psychologies. She told me that she didn’t know exactly what transpersonal psychotherapy was, but that she was reluctant to enter a field where she thought, people involved in this approach may not be grounded. So, what is the image of spirituality and the image of the transpersonal that has been given to a “non-transpersonal world”? A large number of people don’t know what the transpersonal is, or what it can offer them. At the same time, more and more people are opening their consciousness to the necessity for change. The world is in crisis which means it’s changing. We live in a time of transition and transition means discomfort and uncertainty. I am very deeply drawn to this particular time in the world, where we, the transpersonal community, have a very important role to play. This is where, within EUROTAS, we must continue to open our minds to the many different ways we can contribute and develop new methods of addressing issues that concern our lives, through our growing organizational sector. The first section within our growing organization which was created ten years ago is ESTP, the Scientific Society for Practitioners of Transpersonal Psychotherapy. The creation of EDTR, a section for research, was a very important step taken to validate the essence of Transpersonal Psychology in the academic world. The section of Transpersonal Arts Therapy will speak more to those who express their connection to the Divine through artistic expression. The last newly born sections are EDTTF (a Trauma Task Force), working on procedures the transpersonal may offer, during difficult situations that take place more and more frequently in this world of instability and the section of Education, because we all know this is where everything starts. If we want to change our world, we have to start at the beginning by modifying our Educational Systems. Through these different activities, EUROTAS shows its will and motivation in playing a role in this world as an actor of change. We, as individuals, are invited to participate. EUROTAS wants to serve you as members of this association and also to invite all of us, to make a contribution to serving life.
President of EUROTAS
SUMMARY OF THE EUROTAS BOARD MEETING IN MOLDOVA
Greetings from the last EUROTAS Board Meeting
February 2-4, 2016, Chisinau, MoldovaOur latest EUROTAS board meeting and ESTP meeting took place in Chisinau, Moldova, organized by our board member Lyudmilla Scortescu. Our secretary Steven Schmitz could not unfortunately be with us, so board member Regina U. Hess took the minutes briefly outlined here. Heartfelt gratitude to our host Lyudmilla, who organized our accommodation, a great evening meeting transpersonal students from Moldova, and a film screening of Vladimir Maykov’s documentary The Dance of Infinity (2015), which was well received. The meeting of the EUROTAS Society of Transpersonal Psychotherapy (ESTP) took place on Feb 2, followed by the EUROTAS board meeting on Feb 3-4. 2016. One priority at the board meeting was to support the preparation of further steps in the application for accreditation of the EUROTAS Transpersonal Psychotherapy Certificate by the European Association for Psychotherapy (EAP). ESTP accredited a new transpersonal training institute in Barcelona – “Institut de Psicologia Transpersonal de Barcelona (IPTB)” and certified three new professional members – Lyudmila Scortescu (Moldova), Jane Rannamets-Heinsalu and Rein Heinsalu (Estonia). Congratulations are in order! Further topics included a financial report from our treasurer Jaume Mestres whose summary described a far more solid financial situation with clear improvements, compared to that of last year. In December 2015, Regina U. Hess became board member of the International Transpersonal Association (ITA) and EUROTAS Representative on ITA’s board. The EUROTAS board discussed new projects and initiatives related to supporting EUROTAS members, education, fund raising, global research, publications, and formed working groups for these topics. A new department, the “Department of Transpersonal Coaching and Social Change” was proposed. A skype meeting was held to support Anghel Ilie Gradinaru, the 2016 EUROTAS conference organizer from Romania. We invite you all to attend this exciting conference with an all-encompassing conference topic: “Love – the Eternal Miracle,” which will take place at the “Hotel Afrodita” in the seaside village of Venus, near Constanza, Romania. For more details please go to the official website at: www.eurotas2016.com. Blessings from the EUROTAS board to all our EUROTAS community!
NEW OPTION FOR EUROTAS MEMBERSThanks to the initiative of our professional member Vladislav Matrenitsky, we have established a new option on our web www.eurotas.org – there is a place, where you can publish transpersonal news yourself! You are invited to publish short articles, information about your events, and links to transpersonal information at any time. Please insert a picture, describing your event as well – if not, I will have to add one myself. After submitting your article and picture, I will confirm publication (I will have to check, if the author of the article is a EUROTAS member) and then the title and picture of your article will appear on www.eurotas.org ; we can place 6-10 articles simultaneously there, after which your article will be stored in the archive at http://eurotas.org/category/News-and-events/ Let us keep in contact and strengthen our international cooperation!
EUROTAS Executive Director
THE XVII EUROTAS CONFERENCE
IN VENUS, ROMANIA, SEPTEMBER 21-25, 2016Deadline for registration of presenters – March 15, 2016 ! http://www.eurotas2016.com/RegistrationPresenters.php#Bookmark1
5-th TRANSPERSONAL PSYCHOLOGY CONFERENCE OF THE BALTIC COUNTRIES
«Multidimensional consciousness: from Archetypes to subpersonalities»
April 9-10, 2016
Conference venue: Hotel Euroopa: Paadi 5, Tallinn, Estonia (http://www.euroopa.ee)
Organizers: International Transpersonal Association “WholeWorld” Estonian Coaching Company “Tervemaailm” Ltd. Transpersonal Center of Archaic Cultures and Traditions (Estonia)
Support: International University of Fundamental Education (IUFS) International Academy of Psychological Sciences EUROTAS (European Transpersonal Association) Baltic Transpersonal Institute (Saint Petersburg, Russia) Latvian Transpersonal Psychology and Psychotherapy Association
Estonian Transpersonal Association Lithuanian Transpersonal Association „Visas Pasaulis manyje“
Organizing committee: Prof. Sergey Strekalov, Ph.D. (Saint Petersburg, Russia), Prof. Jure Biechonski (Estonia),
Ingrida Indane, MA (Latvia), Sergei Osipov (Estonia), Marius Daugelavičius, Ph.D. (Lithuania).
Conference agenda:ü The influenceof C. G. Jung theory on modern psychology. ü Multidimensionality of human consciousness. ü The structuresof human consciousness. ü Sharing experiences, discussions, and practical participation in the program of the Conference. Official languages of the Conference: Estonian, English, and Russian For further information and registration please contact: +372 5 024420, +372 6418888 – email@example.com (for participants from the Baltic countries or EU) +7 911 216 3563, – firstname.lastname@example.org (for participants from Russia) www.wholeworld.ru www.facebook.com/transpersonalconference
Sincerely, the Organizing Committee
THE SECOND TRANSPERSONAL RESEARCH COLLOQUIUMwww.transpersonalresearchnetwork.com or http://eurotas.org/transpersonal-research-colloquium-trc-2016-in-uk/ for more information on application and call for papers.
NEWS FROM ESTONIACooperation and student exchange programmes are taking place between the School of Transpersonal Hypnotherapy – Psychology and the Latvian Transpersonal Institute. We are looking for further student and teacher exchange programs with other institutes. If you want help in setting up a Transpersonal Training Program or National Organisation in your country please contact us! We are here to help. On the 20-24 July we will be conducting our 10th traditional summer camp in the south of Estonia. The theme this year is: „Creating your magical future”. If you are interested please contact me on email@example.com.
President of the Estonian Transpersonal Association
THE SEVEN NEW RITES OF POWER
Transpersonal Gifts of Healing and Growth with Helmut Christof & Ann-Kristin Hörenz
The first rite: Rebirth
The sweat lodge ceremony is one of the principle methods used, to create a space in which to open perception and diminish separation from the environment. We detoxify, balance and open up body and spirit, as the boundaries and conditioning of our perceptions dissolve. This deep process is complemented by breath work, tree ceremonies, medicine wheel rituals, drum journeys, trance dancing, talking stick circles and natural vital substances. This creates an experience of new birth, allowing our consciousness to experience a lot more energy, deeper understanding and a new zest for life (Duration: 6 days).
Language: German, English
25. – 31. März im Valle de sensaciones in Andalusia/Spain.13. – 19. Mai near Leipzig/Germany 11. – 17. July near Leipzig/Germany
More Information: www.gaia-net.de
SPECIALIST COURSEShttp://www.aleftrust.org/personal-development/. This year our specialist courses available for open learning are commencing on 11th April, so please get in touch to find out more. Contact us via the website: http://www.aleftrust.org/contact/. The Alef Trust is a not-for-profit community interest company, registered in the UK.
Les Lancaster, Professor Emeritus of Transpersonal Psychology
Co-Founder and Programme Director
The Alef Trust CIC
COLOUR QUEST – THE JOURNEY HOME
Hosted by Mark Wentworthwww.colourforlife.com
INTENSIVE SEMINAR OFFERED BY ANGAANGAQ AND PIER LUIGI LATTUADA
Intensive seminar, offered by Angaangaq and Pier Luigi LattuadaDear Friends and Colleagues, If you are seeking deep work that can open your soul-body-mind to an ancient world of wisdom, you could consider participating in this intensive seminar that Angaangaq and Pier Luigi Lattuada are offering together, in Italy on the 30th April and the 1st of May.
This is a unique opportunity to experience both the Icewisdom Ceremony, honouring the miracle of life through the Shaman’s work collaborating with nature to recreate peace, and Biotransenergetics’ exploration of States of Consciousness through the Mastering of Transe and the Journey of the Dreaming Body.firstname.lastname@example.org www.integraltranspersonal.com www.icewisdom.com FB Page https://www.facebook.com/Biotransenergetica-Scuola-di-psicoterapia-e-counseling-180932665277603/?fref=ts
THE POWER OF HEALING THROUGH PLAY
Information from Mark Wentworth
JOHN ROWAN MASTERCLASS 2016
Saturday 26th March
The Philadelphia Association, 4 Marty’s Yard, 17 Hampstead High Street, London NW3 1PX
10 am to 5 pm £100 or early bird before 1 March £90 Contact: Inforowan@aol.comThere will now be a new section on Primal Integration, including the classic work of Grof and Lake, the new book by Shirley Ward, and a full booklist. There will also be an explanation of how to use the work of Barbara Ingram instead of DSM-5, in cases where the therapist is expected to provide a report. This workshop is experiential, and contains some new exercises, including a simulation of the psilocybin experience. There will be handouts, and an opportunity to buy the new book at a reduced price. JOHN ROWAN has been working in this field since 1982, and his book on the Transpersonal in Therapy (Routledge 2005) has become a classic. His more recent work on Personification – using the Dialogical Self in therapy – (Routledge 2010) has ventured into the farther reaches of the transpersonal as well. He has presented workshops in 25 countries. He is a Fellow of the BPS, the BACP and the UKCP. For more information, see www.johnrowan.org.uk
HEART THERAPYHEART stands for Humanistic, Existential, Authentic, Relational, Transpersonal therapy. I now feel that this is the answer to which therapy to adopt. It is demanding and thorough, and I have written about it at length in my new book. Also in the same book is a full treatment of Dialogical Self theory, which replaces the idea of subpersonalities, and also replaces the old idea of the Unconscious. It goes into the question of the transpersonal in a much fuller way than was possible in the previous edition. The book is called ‘The Reality Game – 3rd edition’. To me this is a revelation, and a real step forward in the search for a therapy which will actually do justice to the whole person. After all, it is the whole person who comes in at the door and needs to be seen and appreciated. And if the person is really infinite, as I believe, then they need a therapy which does justice to that, and does not fob them off with anything less. I think that the person is a bit like the TARDIS – pretty unimpressive on the outside, but practically infinite on the inside, with huge resources and immense untrodden ways. The person is not a poor limited worm on the face of the earth, but a being of great potential and magical connections. Missing in most attempts at therapy integration is a real appreciation of the Primal and the Transpersonal. But if we take account of this amazing potential, we can move into a much higher realm of being, where nothing is impossible.
VALUES PROPOSAL SUMMARYThe proposal for a two-part research cluster around Values at Regent’s University has been welcomed in principle by our Faculty Research Committees. Next steps include further wider internal and external consultation, some specific planned activities for which funding is available. It is a separate initiative from the continuing work on the definition, communication and assessment of Regent’s University Values There is a cross-disciplinary, cross-cultural area broadly around values which would be relevant to a number of staff wishing to research, further their professional interests or develop their teaching. It would also inform our teaching and support the development of the student experience The two fields distinguish to some extent the different views and interests of both staff and potential sponsors who might be interested in the work of one of these fields. The cluster would widen the research area to include aspects associated with “values” but include other considerations and relevant definitions in two areas. 1.The humanities field – culture, trust, philosophy, history of values, psychological aspects, definitions and their origins, mind, consciousness, comparative religion ethics, meditation, mindfulness, European and Global values and cultures. 2. The management field, which would involve work around values and related subjects in public and private organisations from the Civil Service to business and involve NGOs, universities and schools and any civil society organisations defining or have defined their values. The work might concern governance, business practice, ethics, compliance, work in defining communicating and measuring values and in studying where they find the inspiration and guidelines to support their work.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING PNEUMA BREATHWORK?
The principal feature of Pneuma Breathwork can be described by the word Intention, to discover who we really are, our divine spark, and true sacred nature. The other fundamental element is the practice of hyperventilation during which you experience an increase of oxygen in the blood and a decline in the tissues with decreased CO2 in both blood and in tissues. This leads to a higher consumption of hydrogen ions with an increase in the pH of the blood and subsequent respiratory alkalosis. Hypocalcemia, the cause of tetany, paresthesia and dysesthesia, is also frequently encountered during practice. All these effects produce the activation of neurotransmitters in the brain that induce the creation of new nerve circuits (neuroscience and epigenetics) that lead to balance. Related to this, I carry the transpersonal experience of a patient after a Pneuma Breathwork session, in a state of expanded consciousness. The subject had a smattering of medicine and had recently studied the mechanisms of hyperventilation.
During the expansion of consciousness she had a very interesting intuition that clearly would need a scientific study, but still has its value in the field of transpersonal psychology. She shares that the transient neuronal hypoxia that occurred, because of the reduction of O2 in the tissue, generated a decreased activity of the cerebral cortex, in those regions that the patient considered to be a rational domain, placing them gradually into a state of “neuronal silence”. At that point outcrop “inductive” circuits, normally present in the brain but hardly noticeable due to the inner voices that each of us lives on a daily basis, were present. The effect was the stimulation of epiphysis with a consequent production of serotonin and an activation of the seven chakras that determined the start of transpersonal experience.
COLOUR THE WORLD WITH HOPE
By Mark Wentworth
Transforming lives through the power of colour, drama and story
Daniela Simmons, PhD, PAT
Expressive Therapies Training Institute (ETTi)
Project Psychodrama Coordinator
HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED A SPIRITUAL EVENT THAT TRANSFORMED YOUR LIFE?What: A survey of how people integrate spiritually transformative experiences*. The study is oriented towards people who have had a profound life-changing spiritual experience that took months to years to integrate into their lives. Why: To benefit you—as you take the survey, you will read about 84 ways that experts suggest to help in integrating transformations initiated by powerful spiritual experiences and To benefit others—to create an evidence-based list of helpful suggestions for experiencers, their families, and professionals helping them Who: If you are— age 18 or over have experienced a spiritually transformative experience* can use a computer When: The survey will take about half an hour. Find a comfortable place, relax, have a cup of tea, and enjoy a quiet experience revisiting this part of your life. Where: Click this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/surveyISTEI *For this survey, “spiritually transformative experience” is defined as a discrete experience of an altered state of consciousness that after a period of integration brings about a profound transformation in the behavioral life expression and spiritual identity of the experiencer. Examples might include, but are not limited to, mystical experience, out-of-body experience, near-death experience, paranormal experience, and anomalous experience. Thank You. My name is Marie Grace Brook, and I am conducting a research study for my doctoral program in transpersonal psychology to examine how people who experience powerful life changing spiritual experiences cope with the sudden change and integrate those changes into their lives. email@example.com
Marie Grace Brook
GREETINGS FROM ROSEMARIE ANDERSONDear Friends, To my surprise and delight, I have recently translated several poems from the Tao Te Ching attributed to Lao Tsu (6th Century BC). From my years in Asia in the late 1970s, I have sufficient knowledge of Chinese to understand the character-by-character English translations and grammatical commentaries. The simple style of my translations is intended to invite reflection and stillness. Enjoy Poem 66.
Tao Te Ching – Poem 66
Rivers flow to the sea
As the sea is lower
She governs the valleys
As the wise are above
They speak as below
As they are ahead
They lead from behind
As the wise are above
No one is held down
As they stand in front
No one suffers harm
Therefore, the world rejoices
And upholds them without effort
Because the wise do not struggle
The world cannot resist
Rosemarie Anderson (安素貞) © 2016
LETTER FROM THE EDITORThank you to all our contributors for their amazing in depth, transpersonal articles and global events. I was truly touched by our President Bernadette Blin’s letter to all the EUROTAS members. As I wade through the final stages of my Ph.D. study, I feel a very strong call for a new education system that will teach the transpersonal perspective in primary and secondary schools. I feel inspired when reading your articles, looking forward to innovative study programs like that of Les Lancaster’s that will reach the community at large, informing them about professional and personal development. This miracle of the transpersonal that we experience is one to be shared in as many ways as possible now, because it is the light that shines, touching and softening the hearts of all those who still hesitate to walk the path. May this spring offer inspirational growth as we join together to send our transpersonal light rays out to the world. Lindy L.S. McMullin
No. 77 - 17-10-2015
No. 77 - 17-10-2015
NEWSLETTER Nr. 77
October 17, 2015Board of Administrators: President Bernadette Blin, Jure Biechonski, Pier Luigi Lattuada, Ingrida Indane, Jaume Mestres, Magda Solé, Steven Schmitz, Lyudmila Scortesca, Giovanna Calabrese, Vladimir Maykov, Regina U Hess. Newsletter Editor: Lindy McMullin
TABLE OF CONTENTSSHARING PAGE 2…….Letter from the President by Bernadette Blin PAGE 3……Summary of the EUROTAS Board meeting in Brazil by Steven Schmitz PAGE 4…..Launch of the newly founded international Transpersonal Research Network (TRN) by Regina U.Hess (Germany) UPCOMING EVENTS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, TRAINING PROGRAMS & WORKSHOPS PAGE 6…..The XVII EUROTAS Conference Venus, Romania by Ilie Gradinaru (Romania) PAGE 7…..International events of the Institute for Consciousness Exploration and Psychotherapy by Ingo Jahrsetz (Germany) PAGE 8…..”Kindness is Contagious” by Connie Miller (USA) PAGE 9…..2016 Siberian Transpersonal Pilgrimage & Vision Quest by R.U.Hess (Germany), J.Mestres, M.Sole (Catalonia) PAGE 10….Healing the Western Soul by Judith Miller (USA) PAGE 10….Rosemarie Anderson Videos, YouTube Channel Announcement by Rosemarie Anderson (USA) PAGE 11….The Second Transpersonal Research Colloquium (TRC) September 15-16th, 2016 by Regina U. Hess (Germany) PAGE 12….TPT –Transpersonal Psychotherapy Training by Pier Luigi Lattuada (Italy) PAGE 13….Transpersonal Experience in Psychotherapy by Maite Pardo Sol (Spain) ARTICLES PAGE 13….Seeking spiritual resonance through embodiment by Mary Francis Hofman (USA) PAGE 14….Integral Transpersonal Journal editorial: how different research approaches can describe transpersonal psychotherapy methods and methodologies by Giovanna Calabrese (Italy) PAGE 15….Seeking the Key to Transpersonal Therapy by Juan Ruiz Naupari (Spain) PAGE 16…..Dark Moon Gatherings for Women by Vineta Lagzdina (Australia) PAGE 17….Letter from the Editor
LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENTDear Members, Summer has gone and with it, the wonderful time some of us had in Brazil, during the International Transpersonal Conference. Each conference –and especially the International ones – gives us an opportunity to meet new people or old friends from far off countries. During the time we were there, we had a very inspiring meeting with the leaders of the other main Transpersonal Associations. We all agreed on the need for collaboration, and explored ways in which we can unite our efforts in becoming more effective, promoting Transpersonal ideas and creating new projects. This is a collective direction and task your EUROTAS board will follow with heart and conviction. Looking at the global world however, I am touched and very concerned by the alarming circumstances of people who are being forced to leave their homes due to war and torture. The situation of millions of refugees and immigrants, looking to find a new country where they can be at peace, alone or with their family, should awaken us. How can we remain indifferent to this tragedy? Of course, I’m sure many of us are doing what we can individually, or through humanitarian associations, however, the more I awaken, the more I think of our role as an International (and European based) Transpersonal Association. Don’t you think that beyond our deep and useful work in Psychology, Psychotherapy, Research, Education, etc, we also need to find voice – to speak up and act? To show how Transpersonal Values can help change our vision of “other” and open our hearts to compassion for people who are in deep suffering, instead of trying to protect ourselves from “invasion,” as is happening in Europe? As long as we do not accept to hold out our hands to those who are in need of support, our future as a human race will be dismal. Perhaps EUROTAS must become more visible in the ordinary world where human beings are threatened by their fear of losing their identity, as well as their possessions!
President of EUROTAS
SUMMARY OF THE EUROTAS BOARD MEETING IN BRAZILThe last EUROTAS Board meeting was in Salvador, Brazil on September 3, 2015. Bernadette, Ingrida, and Steven were present at the ALUBRAT International Transpersonal Conference, with the other board members attended the meeting over the internet. EUROTAS continues to grow, with three more people becoming certified professional members. Jure and Steven are working on a Charter for the EUROTAS Department of Transpersonal Education (EDTE). We will be collecting information and creating a website list of transpersonal schools and institutes from around the world. Regina has added information on the EUROTAS Disaster Trauma Task Force (EDTTF) to the EUROTAS website (www.eurotas.org). One of our Co-Presidents, Pier Luigi, has competed the EAP application for EUROTAS, which we will be submitting in the next open application period. The next EUROTAS Transpersonal Conference will take place in Romania from September 21 to 25, 2016 (www.eurotas2016.com). Steven has invited Pier Luigi to be a keynote speaker at the Sofia University USA, Fall Global Seminar in California. The EUROTAS Board members continue their international transpersonal networking.
the Secretary of EUROTAS Board
LAUNCH OF THE NEWLY FOUNDED
INTERNATIONAL TRANSPERSONAL RESEARCH NETWORK (TRN)
www.transpersonalresearchnetwork.comThe international Transpersonal Research Network (TRN), which was founded in August 2015, supports and networks independent Transpersonal Researchers across generations from novice to senior scholars. TRN connects them to each other through online resources and conferences, with the intention of building global communities of like-minded colleagues. We invite researchers and scholars from around the world to exchange ideas, and collaborate individually or in groups, using the resources, research forums, and platforms on the TRN website. Photo 1: Founders (Photo Credit: Joerg Fuhrmann) The four co-founders of the International Transpersonal Research Network (TRN) include Dr. Rosemarie Anderson (USA), Transpersonal Consultancy (www.transpersonalconsultancy.com) and Professor Emerita at Sofia University; Dr. Pier Luigi Lattuada (Italy), Integral Transpersonal Institute (www.integraltranspersonal.com); Dr. Giovanna Calabrese (Italy) and Dr. Regina U Hess (Germany) from the EUROTAS Division of Transpersonal Research (www.eurotas.org/division-of-transpersonal-research-edtr). Topics of networking of the Transpersonal Research Network (TRN), include, but are not limited to, Transpersonal Approaches to Research, Epistemological and Methodological considerations, studying Therapeutic Interventions, combining Quantitative and Qualitative methods effectively, to support the study of Transpersonal and spiritual topics, Transpersonal approaches to Evidence-based Practice, Embodied and Arts-based approaches, and Ontological concerns. Discussions will be initiated around ongoing research projects, potential collaborations, and clusters of research topics and specific fields of research specializations. Resources of publications will be collected and other relevant online information of contacts and events will be announced. The founding of the Transpersonal Research Network (TRN) builds on the success of the First Transpersonal Research Colloquium (TRC) and the enthusiastic participation of the 31 presenters at this first TRC at Lake Orta in the Milan region of Italy in June 2015. Photo 2: TRC group (Photo Credit: Joerg Fuhrmann) The Second Transpersonal Research Colloquium will be organized and facilitated by the four co-founders of the TRN, together with members of the Transpersonal Section of the British Psychological Society, who will host this TRC. TRC 2016 will take place near London in September 2016 in conjunction with the annual conference of the British Psychological Society (BPS), Section of Transpersonal Psychology. More details and call for papers will be announced soon. Please feel free to send us any relevant question or inquiries. We look forward to connect, collaborate, and engage with you. Each of you counts! E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org URL: www.transpersonalresearchnetwork.com
With love and blessings on behalf of the TRN-Team,
Regina U Hess, Ph.D., TRN Co-Founder
EUROTAS Board of Directors
THE XVII EUROTAS CONFERENCE
IN VENUS, ROMANIA, SEPTEMBER 21-25, 2016In 2016, EUROTAS will rest for a while in the arms of Aphrodite on the Romanian shore of the Black Sea at the Venus resort, talking to us about love. The absolute infinity in front of which God Himself takes a bow, The only force which gives people wings and allows them to fly There will be no limits, restraints, masks or restrictions in choosing words about it, only assuming the fact that “If we want our species to survive, if we are to find meaning in life, if we want to save the world and every sentient being that inhabits it, LOVE is the one and only answer” (Albert Einstein), … the ETERNAL MIRACLE!
Call for papers“Love – The Eternal Miracle” is a metaphorical and profoundly humanistic title. Love does not succumb to time; it is personal as well as impersonal, always alive, new and ever-changing. We recommend our participants who will present papers or organize workshops, to follow the guidelines and horizons of Transpersonal Psychology and other Transpersonal Sciences. We would expect themes to delineate the original contributions of participants regarding syntheses, theories, methods, techniques and therapies from the Transpersonal Perspective; that will approach issues of immediate concern and have embodiment in day to day living as essential criteria. We would wish the research and scientific approaches towards this feeling of great complexity, which is love, to predominate, in a common attempt to reveal a little of its miracle.
INFORMATION ABOUT INTERNATIONAL EVENTS OF THE INSTITUTE FOR CONSCIOUSNESS EXPLORATION AND PSYCHOTHERAPYNew International Training in Transpersonal Breathwork and Transpersonal Psychotherapy The next three-year International training in Transpersonal Psychotherapy, Spiritual Guidance and Transpersonal Breathwork with Drs Ingo Jahrsetz and Judith Miller, will start in March 2016 and will take place at three different venues – Black Forest (Germany), the island of Kefalonia (Greece) and Philadelphia (USA). The training is composed of twelve 5-days modules which will be offered in the spring and fall as 10-day-blocks. The first two modules will take place from March 9th to 19th, 2016 at the retreat centre of Hollerbuehl (Black Forest/Germany). Language: German and English with translation. Further information can be found on our website www.consciousness-exploration.org. What is Healing? – Different Traditions and Ways of Experiencing Public Symposium and Workshops with the Russian shaman Valentin Chagdaev March, 5th and 6th, 2016 We succeeded in inviting a shaman of Buryatic origin who lives at Lake Baikal, to Freiburg (Germany). The International Institute for Consciousness Exploration and Psychotherapy hosts its 3rd symposium on What is Healing? – Different Traditions and Ways of Experiencing, and Valentin Chagdaev will be a keynote speaker, along with other teachers of the Institute, who will present experiential workshops on their own different healing approaches. On Sunday, Valentin will give an all-day long experiential workshop on shamanic healing. Venue: Seminarhaus am Schoenberg, Freiburg (Germany) Further information can be found on our website www.consciousness-exploration.org.
Dr. Ingo Jahrsetz
“KINDNESS IS CONTAGIOUS”
The International Institute of Soul-drama completed its seventh training in Indonesia Aug 8-15,2015 teaching group action methods, which include Psychodrama, Experiential group work and Sociometry. Connie Miller has been a volunteer for seven years in Indonesia, training the graduate Clinical Psychology Faculty Department from the University of Indonesia in Jakarta, in the process of how to integrate psychology and spirituality through group action methods. This inspired the creation of The International Institute of Soul-drama, Asia, who will now be running their own training program in group action methods beginning in January. More information can be found at http://www.souldrama.asia/ The university is establishing a library of counselling journals on group activities. If you have any old journals or books and would like to donate them, please send them to Drs. Budi Hartono/ Yudiana Ratnasari Universitas Indonesia Fakultas Psikologi Kampus Baru Depok Depok 16424-Indonesia You will be blessed!
Connie Miller, Approved Clinical Supervisor, TEP.LPC.NCC Owner and Founder International Institute for Souldrama http://www.souldrama.com/
2016 SIBERIAN TRANSPERSONAL PILGRIMAGE & VISION QUEST
TO ORIGINAL SACRED BIRTH PLACES OF SHAMANISM
INCLUDING HOLY BAIKAL LAKE / SHAMAN´S ROCK
August 14-30, 2016
Regina U. Hess, Ph.D. (Germany) and Magda Sole, M.A. & Jaume Mestres (Spain)The 2016 Siberian Transpersonal Pilgrimage will be a journey through the ancient mystical landscapes of Buryatia and the Lake Baikal where Siberian Shamanism originated, including ceremonies and rituals with shamans. The vision quest-like guided self-exploration will include parts of Holotropic Breathwork, Bodywork, Drums and Sound, Sacred Medicine Ceremony, Fire and water ritual, Shamanic Journeying, and Council work, in addition to Psychodynamic and Spiritual Integration. The co-facilitators Regina, Magda & Jaume, are EUROTAS Board Members, experienced travellers and therapists, with a background in shamanic traditions. Magda and Jaume are experts in Siberia and Mexico travels, Regina has expertise in South-East-Asia, Africa, USA. Please e-mail us to receive a detailed program. Regina: email@example.com Magda & Jaume: firstname.lastname@example.org Photo 1: Shaman´s Rock / Baikal Lake Photo 2: Women in folk dresses
SPECIAL OFFER FOR EUROTAS MEMBERS AT A REDUCED PRICE!
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Regina, Magda & JaumeHEALING THE WESTERN SOUL: A SPIRITUAL HOMECOMING FOR TODAY’S SEEKER (Paragon House, USA, 2015) As Western culture embraces globalization, tensions are pulling people away from their Judeo-Christian mystical roots. The causes go wide and deep – secularism, Postmodernism, the declining regard for organized religion, psychology’s focus on the brain, Transpersonal Psychology’s emphasis on Eastern and Shamanic traditions – all have created a split between Western seekers and the soul. A new book by Judith Miller, addresses how millions of people from a Judeo-Christian heritage endure spiritual despair, and yearn for something that seems just beyond their reach. It demonstrates how many Western seekers turn away from Judeo-Christian themes in their own intuitions, visions, and deep truths. Adding to this contemporary anxiety, a high percentage of people labelled mentally ill experience “hallucinations, and “delusions” that are filled with Western religious imagery. Mainstream mental health – and sometimes even Transpersonal Psychotherapists- consider such experiences to be Psychopathology. “Healing the Western Soul” maps the journey for spiritual seekers; adapting the little-known path that has been travelled by Western mystics for hundreds of years. The book is filled with case examples of clients and students from Miller’s three-decade career in psychology, teaching, facilitating Transpersonal Breathwork, and Spiritual mentoring. She is professor at Columbia University, and a member of the International Institute for Consciousness Exploration and Psychotherapy (I.I.B.P.) in Germany. A review from Publisher’s Weekly writes….”Miller’s entreaty to ground spiritual development within our “spiritual DNA” never falls into cultural stereotyping. She acknowledges a Judeo-Christian path as just one route to the Divine, and her encouragement to allow for the authenticity of mystical experience in the therapeutic process opens up a powerful route toward healing those whose souls yearn beyond the material world.” More information can be found on www.drjudithmiller.com, www.paragonhouse.com, Amazon, and other on-line book selling sites.
ROSEMARIE ANDERSON VIDEOS
YouTube Channel AnnouncementDear Friends, I have launched a YouTube channel called Rosemarie Anderson Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChXgmgWY6cTZTGIVNA8bvFw. The channel collects videos from past keynote addresses, including addresses from the Transpersonal Section of the British Psychological Society 2008, the EUROTAS Crete Conference 2014, and the ALUBRAT Conference in Brazil earlier this month. The topic of my Brazilian video talk is a timely one, Training and Networking Transpersonal Researchers Worldwide. You will also find a video recorded for my Post-doctoral Scholars Program, discussing Jorge Ferrer’s Participatory Paradigm and its implications for transpersonal theory and research. Enjoy. Over time, I will upload additional videos on topics of timely interest to the transpersonal community, including a winter 2016 Series on, The Transpersonal Shadow. As an Elder in the Transpersonal Community worldwide, I must speak up about what I have observed in the Transpersonal Community worldwide over the decades. Stay in touch with my thoughts as they unfold, by subscribing to my YouTube channel. Click the Subscriber icon in the top right-hand corner of the YouTube channel. As a Subscriber, you will be notified when new videos are available. If you want to contact me or have interest in the Post-doctoral Scholars Program, you may contact me at email@example.com or via my website, www.rosemarieanderson.com.
Blessings to you,
Rosemarie Anderson, PhD
Professor Emerita, Sofia University
The Second Transpersonal Research Colloquium (TRC) September 15-16th, 2016
& of the 20th Annual Conference of the Transpersonal Psychology Section of the British Psychological Society, UK, September 17-18th, 2016
Preceding the 16th EUROTAS Conference, September 21-25, 2016, in Romania
The Transpersonal Research Colloquium (TRC) on September 15th -16th, 2016, UK, will be co-sponsored by the EUROTAS Division of Transpersonal Research, the Integral Transpersonal Institute, the Transpersonal Consultancy, and the Transpersonal Section of the British Psychological Society (BPS). Our host for the TRC 2016 will be the BPS Transpersonal Section. In the hope that you will attend both events, the TRC 2016 will immediately precede the 20th Annual Conference of the BPS Transpersonal Psychology Section on September 17th – 18th 2016, UK. In addition, the dates allow for onward travel to the 16th EUROTAS Conference, September 21-25, 2016, in Romania (http://www.eurotas2016.com/index.html). The TRC 2016 will continue the collaborative format of the TRC Milan 2015, providing opportunity to engage in creative dialogue among those engaged in researching areas of Transpersonal Psychology. Individual presentations will accordingly be short, thereby maximizing time available for creative dialogue in a collegial atmosphere. A TRC 2016 Call for Submissions, together with full details for those wishing to attend one or both events will be circulated and be available on the Transpersonal Research Network (www.transpersonalresearchnetwork.com) and on the BPS Transpersonal Section’s website (http://www.bps.org.uk/networks-and-communities/member-microsite/transpersonal-psychology-section/news). The TRC 2016 location will be in easy access of the main London airports. Those wishing to be included in the circulation list for further logistical details should signal their interest to Les Lancaster (firstname.lastname@example.org). A very warm welcome from the team of co-organizers who are looking forward to see you!
Rosemarie Anderson, Ph.D., USA
Giovanna Calabrese, Ph.D., D. Psy., M.D., Italy
Regina U. Hess, Ph.D., Germany
Les Lancaster, Ph.D., UK
Pier Luigi Lattuada, Ph.D., M.D., Italy
TPT – TRANSPERSONAL PSYCHOTHERAPY TRAINING
Fully accredited by the Italian Department of Education, University and Research MIURTPT, a four year training program promoted by the Integral Transpersonal Institute of Milan, Italy, directed by Pier Luigi Lattuada M.D., Psy.D. Ph.D. delivers a degree of Psychotherapy to Psychologists and Medical Doctors, fully recognized in Europe. The expected learning outcomes are:
- To provide experiential training and personal integration of the principles and practices of Transpersonal Psychology and Biotransenergetics.
- Ability to engage in individual and group Transpersonal Psychotherapeutic Practice.
- Acquisition of skills and ability to apply Transpersonal Approaches in families, communities, companies.
- Skills for providing leadership in advancing the field of Transpersonal Psychology.
- Growth in Self-Realization, Awakening of the Spiritual Nature, Mindfulness, and, Compassion.
Pier Luigi Lattuada
TRANSPERSONAL EXPERIENCE IN PSYCHOTHERAPYAfter so many years facilitating opportunities for deep self-inquiry through Expanded States of Consciousness, I still stare in wonder at the results that Transpersonal Experience has, on the psyche of a person. It still amazes me, and yet I know there is nothing surprising in results from numinous states. Transpersonal experience, whether it be shamanic or mystical; the experience of the Spirit, whatever name we give it, is always a ‘before and after’ in the life of the person. When Spirit comes to the door, with all its breadth, in all its vastness and in full force, something happens. Suddenly you realize that no matter what- love no matter with whom- suddenly connects to all that is. You become a vital part of the current coming from Source that will return. Without beginning or end, your Essential Nature, your Being, is what heals wounds, orders feelings, and provides direction to thought. Emergence from the spiritual world in regular consciousness, with everyday imagery, has been happening since the beginning of time, and is what all Ancient Traditions hold: a deep reunion, re-linking and unity with what is limited. Immersed in the immediate survival mechanism, Universal Consciousness feels Reality, a Perfect Multiple Unit with all its breadth, with all its nuances and colours. ACS experiences momentarily take the maze of everyday life, and provide perspective. We are able to look beyond, to understand the map of our journey and therefore what are our next steps will be. After the experience, we are not the same: even if our circumstances do not necessarily change, our perception of them has changed adding to our understanding and confidence, bringing deep change. It is the Transpersonal Experience, with its focus on connection with Spirit that will bring the deepest and permanent solution to the problem of the suffering of human beings!
Maite Pardo Sol
SEEKING SPIRITUAL RESONANCE TROUGH EMBODIMENTQualitative research offers a plethora of Transpersonal elements. Subjective in nature, this type of research can present a Transrational, ( bigger than the rational mind) view. Qualitative research also extends into the mysterious and often moves beyond the personal. My research consisted of looking at the spiritual resonance in the natural world and the connections found while using contemplative/authentic movement practices. I interviewed teachers who are leaders in this field. My interview process was similar to the explication of a lived experience derived from Pierre Vermersch(2009) design. I included the element of movement into the interview process. This changed the process but proved beneficial. One of my interviewees through movement relived a past experience in the Grand Canyon. He demonstrated a thinking-through of what happened in the past experience and saw the similarities within the present experience. He spoke in the present tense about his feelings and the experience he was currently having as we uncovered the synchronicities of the past and the present-day experience of moving in nature. He experienced a new connection with nature. He concluded that his experience of a larger self found through moving in nature, facilitated feelings of passion and compassion. The integration of mindful movement as a part of an interview process offered a spiritual resonance of a deeper embodied experience. Coupled with the elements of Nature the connections within become transrational and transpersonal. Vermersch, P. (2009). Describing the practice of introspection. Journal of Consciousness Studies, 16(10-12), 20-57. Mary Francis Hoffman PhD, REACE, RSME is a Research Psychologist, Creative Expressive Arts Educator, registered Somatic Educator and is enjoying some much needed time off. Her dissertation can be found on ProQuest, Exploring the Lived Experience of Authentic Movement in Nature as a Catalyst for Transformation.
Mary Francis Hoffman
INTEGRAL TRANSPERSONAL JOURNAL EDITORIAL:
HOW DIFFERENT RESEARCH APPROACHES CAN DESCRIBE TRANSPERSONAL PSYCHOTHERAPY METHODS AND METHODOLOGIESThe seventh issue of the Integral Transpersonal Journal is the first one of a series of thematic issues, focused on particular Transpersonal Methods. We all know that there are many different Transpersonal Methodologies applied with therapeutic purposes; however, a rigorous description of many of them is still lacking. As an editorial board, we have decided to give space to therapists to describe their methods, with special thematic issues. We present how a Multidisciplinary Research Approach, including philosophical discussion, Quantitative Approaches and different Qualitative Methodologies, have been used to describe Biotransenergetica, a Transpersonal method founded by Pierluigi Lattuada and Marlene Silvera in the 80s and further developed by Lattuada. Pier luigi Lattuada and Regina Hess in their article discuss the epistemological basis of BTE. Clinical application of BTE is described from two different approaches. Giovanna Calabrese presents a clinical study in which the Heuristic Method described by Moustakas has been originally applied to explore the experience of Transe during the therapeutic session, considering different psychotherapists and patients. Giuliana Rasi uses a Narrative Approach to give an account of the psychotherapeutic process, as a life changing experience. Matteo Hu mixes Quantitative and Qualitative methods to explore how BTE psycho-corporal practice influences the body and the mind in a sample of volunteer subjects. Claudia Cornali, a psychotherapist expert in Emergency Psychology, gives her personal account on how BTE helped her during a mission in Afghanistan. As editorial board, we hope that our readers will find this issue of interest and will read it as an inspiration of what is needed, for Transpersonal Psychotherapy to break through.
Giovanna Calabrese, ITJ Editor Chief
SEEKING THE KEY TO TRANSPERSONAL THERAPYAfter having worked with amplified states of consciousness in many different parts of the world over the course of many years, I would like to share a simple reflection regarding the search for the origin of Psychopathology and therefore, a reflection regarding the resolution or rather, dissolution of the symptoms of said pathology. We know that “trans” means that which is beyond and “personal” means: person. So, “transpersonal” means that which is beyond the person. So what is beyond the person? In a comparative study of Ancestral Traditions we find the answer: Spirit. Therefore, the fundamental thing that Transpersonal Psychology offers will be the possibility to openly recognize the spiritual dimension of the human being. Each new system of psychology proposes new ideas, new symbols and a new language, and Transpersonal Psychology will have to openly put forth its own. What is beyond the person is Spirit. The human being has a sacred dimension, something which has been pointed out by all traditions. Beyond his physical body is his soul which contains a spiritual dimension. What constitutes the basic principle of the human being? The human being is spirit. We are not a soul or a body. We are spirit wrapped in a soul and a body experiencing this human reality. Nonetheless, a rupture occurred between spirit and the human being millions of years ago – Ancestral Traditions refer to this through their myths relating to the “Fall”, the moment in which the feeling of disconnection appears within the psyche, the instant in which we began to feel separate from God, or when we no longer felt God in our heart, which is the same. If psychology is the study of the psyche or soul, then the Transpersonal adds an essential key to this, by introducing the spiritual dimension to the conception of the human being. Through Transpersonal experiences, when there is an expansion of consciousness, we can experience this dimension. Based on these postulates, Pneuma System and Pneuma Breathwork, seek to map out this profound human journey toward the healing of the psyche, a process known as self-realization. It is a journey whose fundamental nucleus is the acceptance of the spiritual dimension of human nature and the possibility of transcending all that which separates us from the recognition and experience of our spiritual essence.
Juan Ruiz Naupari
DARK MOON GATHERINGS FOR WOMENMonthly Dark Moon gatherings have been held at Sophia Centre in Adelaide, South Australia throughout 2015 and will continue in 2016. They are an initiative of the Seven Sisters Bush University Project and mainly, though not exclusively, working with Aboriginal women. Traditionally the Dark Moon, when the Sun is furthest from Earth, is psychically the most powerful preparation period for new beginnings that come with the new moon. This is a time when women gather to reach into their deepest self, to hear their inner voice, and to let go of accumulated messages of suffering. Stillness is the key word for Dark Moon rituals, so as to hear the inner voice and make space to clear the mind and spirit, thus providing the best receptacle for receiving. Facilitated by Ruby Worthy and Vineta Lagzdina, we begin with the talking circle and acknowledge the land and its ancestors. Sometimes Tibetan singing bowls and other musical instruments are used to guide the session in Mindful visualizations, and Mindful breathing. Singing, vocalizing, and leading the Seven Sisters Circle Dance (choreographed by Vineta) have become part of the ritual. Circle dancing exists to prepare participants in a safe, supportive environment, for a physical, emotional and spiritual experience. The gifts of peace, clarity, compassion and courage are brought into awareness, and help us celebrate this life in its fullness. Before coming you may wish to set your intention for the month, or bring an object of personal or universal meaning to share in the circle. Kulilkatinyi is thinking, listening, comprehending as one goes along thinking something through, deliberating and considering something over a long time. (from the Pitjanjatjara women’s language, Australia) Seven Sisters Bush University is a non-profit project, and part of Earth Medicine Australia <earthmedicineaustralia.com.au>
LETTER FROM THE EDITORIn these trying times – it is wonderful to connect with the Transpersonal Community through articles and journeys of interest. Our newsletter keeps us informed with all the latest developments and this is very encouraging. I encourage you all to take time to offer your insights for our next Newsletter, scheduled to come out in February – March, 2016. It is an equally good moment for me to share with you the beginning of a new and exciting venture, which will consist of journeying to sacred sites within Greece. I shall initiate this work with a trip to the Eleusinian Ancient Site with my PhD volunteers this month, who kindly took part in an extraordinary study of the effects of Ancient Greek Myth and Music in Personal, Professional and Transpersonal Development. This has been a very powerful journey that is still ongoing and that has brought excellent results. I look forward to editing your articles for our next newsletter and also invite you to contact me, should you be interested in organizing a journey to sacred sites within Greece, to explore the elements of this Divine Ancient Matrix with Myth Therapy – email@example.com
No. 76 - 31-07-2015
No. 76 - 31-07-2015
NEWSLETTER Nr. 76
July 31, 2015Board of Administrators: President Bernadette Blin, Jure Biechonski, Pier Luigi Lattuada, Ingrida Indane, Jaume Mestres, Magda Solé, Steven Schmitz, Lyudmila Scortesca, Giovanna Calabrese, Vladimir Maykov, Regina U Hess. Newsletter Editor: Lindy McMullin
TABLE OF CONTENTSSHARING Letter from the President Summary of EUROTAS Board meeting in Milan, June 23-24, 2015 “Feeding the Soul” report by P.L. Lattuada (Italy) “Feeding the Soul” – Opening Ceremony Youth Circle, Keynote Address by D. Johnson (Austria) The Transpersonal Research Colloquium 2015, report by Giovanna Calabrese (Italy) UPCOMING EVENTS, TRAINING PROGRAMS & WORKSHOPS The International Transpersonal Conference in Brazil International Events from the International Institute for Consciousness Exploration and Psychotherapy by Ingo B. Jahrsetz (Germany) UN-HUN – Shamanic throat singing system for healing and spiritual development by V. Matrenitsky (Ukraine) Congress ‘QUO VADIS’ in cooperation with SEN by Pieter Loomans (Germany) From Estonian Transpersonal Association by Jure Biechonski (Estonia) ARTICLES A hospital born out of psychosis by Mark Wentworth (United Kingdom) Intimate Psychoanalysis by Juan Ruiz Naupari (Spain) Pneuma Breathwork…the experience of Divinity by Renzo Menapace (Italy) Physical illness as a tool for self-observation by Alessandra Brunelli (Italy) True healing by Cinzia Lemmo (Italy) Transpersonal Tango by Ingrida Indane (Latvia) Rites of passage in Transpersonal Therapy: A new path of consciousness with shamanic techniques by Arturo de Luca (Italy) Iberoamerican Transpersonal Association – ATI by Roman Gonzalvo (Spain) Letter from the editor Lindy Lydia McMullin
LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENTSummertime…. For EUROTAS, this is a bridge between the first EUROTAS Festival in Italy at the time of the Solstice, and the International Conference in Brazil. Our community meets once a year and each time it’s an opportunity to meet new people, letting new ideas and projects emerge. What struck me this time? Young people, the new generation as we call them, full of promise. During an interview with a young and very brilliant couple, I told them they would have to deal with the huge problems of the world. Clearly our generation failed in making a world where everyone has his own place, and enough, to live decently. We leave our children so many challenges to face… and I encouraged them to take over the affairs of the world, but not with our tools. They have to create the tools of a new paradigm, which is basically Transpersonal. When I saw these young people both mature and enthusiastic, I felt confident. Then at the end of summer, some of us will meet again on a different continent; Brazil, a country that is developing and transforming. Beyond talks and workshops, we need to connect and seriously think about what our contribution to a different society could be! I am also very grateful towards the researchers who bring the Transpersonal field into their work; the last colloquium in Milano and the next one in Salvador will surely help us be listened to differently in the academic field. Thanks to all of you who commit themselves to serve the world in their own way. This is really the challenge we face today and we need the contributions of each and every one of you.
SUMMARY OF EUROTAS BOARD MEETING IN MILAN, June 23-24, 2015The recent EUROTAS Board of Directors meeting was held at the 2015 Transpersonal Summer Festival near Milan, Italy. The Board again had a very full agenda. To summarize, we covered the following main issues: We further clarified the re-accreditation process for EUROTAS Organizational Members; The Board members clarified the duties of the Executive Director; We worked on developing the EUROTAS Ethics committee; The next publication of the Integral Transpersonal Journal with be an issue focused on Biotransenergetics; Five of the Board members are working on an European Transpersonal University in partnership with Ubiquity University with the idea of revolutionizing education from a transpersonal perspective; The Board discussed how we will collaborate with and support the ALUBRAT International Transpersonal Conference that will take place September 4 to 7, 2015, in Salvador Brazil – several EUROTAS Board members will be presenting; Two Board members are working to complete a charter for the EUROTAS Department of Transpersonal Education (EDTE); The Board discussed the next 2016 EUROTAS Conference which will be held September 21 to 25 in Romania; and The Board members ended the meeting beginning a good discussion about the vision, mission, and values of EUROTAS. These will be worked on and placed on our website’s home page.
(EUROTAS Board Secretary)
FEEDING THE SOUL REPORTIf you ask the oldest and more experienced representatives of Transpersonal Psychology what being Transpersonal means, you’ll probably receive the most varied answers, as happened to me personally. In my case, the most bizarre answer has been: Being Curious! In my opinion, the term Transpersonal carries a strength of which we are rarely conscious; Trans-personal, beyond and through everything personal: family history, beliefs, needs, interests, fears, desires and so on. It is obvious to everyone, how far humanity still is, from this perspective. Feeding the Soul was born from a dream; to gather the Transpersonal Community together, and to invite this community to be together, open up to others, to the world, being present and supportive, aware and compassionate towards its own and other’s limits. More than three hundred people, one hundred and fifty presenters, dozens of researchers from more than thirty countries were together for four days, meeting eye to eye, dialoguing, singing, dancing and remaining silent in the presence of nature. It could have been better, much remains to be done, but more importantly, the dream came true. Events took place exactly as we dreamed they would; the perfume we breathed in is the one we felt in our souls from the very beginning; difficulties and limits have been exemplary within their perfection. I felt fine throughout the festival and I feel proud and grateful. Thank you, sisters, brothers and fellow travelers. Thanks to the wonderful team who made the event possible. Thanks to the partners, sponsors, collaborators and to everyone who shared the dream. The auspice is that the dream may continue producing awakenings and that the seeds continue to sprout. On the home page you can find a photographic gallery http://www.feedingthesoul.eu/en/home/festival-photo-gallery You will also find the link to the extraordinary song composed by Timothy Moore and performed by his band Mood, entitled Feeding the Soul. Whoever wishes to share pictures to include in the gallery (Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org )
Pier Luigi Lattuada
FEEDING THE SOULAbout Opening Ceremony Youth Circle, Keynote Address Thank you for inviting me as part of the youth circle to give a short keynote address, during the opening ceremony of the first Transpersonal festival, “Feeding the Soul” (Milano, June 18-21). In this keynote, I briefly touch upon some of the opportunities and challenges the younger generation faces, in its relationship to Transpersonal Traditions and practices in this globalized, digital age. Since the full text is too long to be included in this newsletter, I have uploaded it here in its entirety, in case you want to look it up: https://contemplativemetadata.wordpress.com/free-content/
THE TRANSPERSONAL RESEARCH COLLOQUIUM 2015 REPORTThe Transpersonal Research Colloquium (TRC) 2015 took place at Lake Orta in Northern Italy in June, following the EUROTAS Festival. The colloquium was organized by Drs. Pier Luigi Lattuada of the Integral Transpersonal Institute (www.integraltranspersonal.com), Rosemarie Anderson of Transpersonal Consultancy (www.transpersonalconsultancy.com), Giovanna Calabrese and Regina U. Hess representing the EUROTAS Division of Transpersonal Research (http://eurotas.org/division-of-transpersonal-research-edtr/). Facilitators introduced their specific research interests. Pier Luigi Lattuada discussed research from an epistemological perspective, speaking about his vision of Second Attention Epistemology; Rosemarie Anderson overviewed transpersonal research as encounters with the Sacred open to personal and cultural transformation; Giovanna Calabrese considered the importance of a transpersonal perspective on evidence-based practice; Regina Hess spoke about embodied phenomenology and embodied aesthetic interpretation. Twenty-five participants from Europe, North America, and South Africa shared their experiences in research using a range of methods to explore different areas of transpersonal, spiritual, and related topics. The facilitators and the participants engaged in stimulating dialogue including transpersonal approaches to research and epistemological considerations from scientific and philosophical perspectives. Different research approaches were considered, including ways to combine qualitative and quantitative methods effectively, hermeneutical methods and intuitive inquiry, narrative and embodied art-based approaches to research, as they are applied in different fields from clinical to social and personal development. What emerged from the different discussions is the involvement of the researcher in the research journey first arising with the research question, through disclosing the philosophical implications, which in turn, guides the choice of method, data collection and analysis. Ethical issues were also considered, as intimate and private experiences are often the focus of the research and personal disclosure and sharing has to be considered with particular respect and attention. A Transpersonal Research Colloquium (TRC) 2016 will be organized by the same facilitators together with members of the Transpersonal Section of the British Psychological Society. The colloquium will take place in London in September 2016.
THE INTERNATIONAL TRANSPERSONAL CONFERENCE IN BRAZIL – COMING SOON!!!
INFORMATION ABOUT INTERNATIONAL EVENTS FROM THE INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR CONSCIOUSNESS EXPLORATION AND PSYCHOTHERAPYThe Individual, the Collective, the Eternal – Healing ourselves means healing the worldwww.consciousness-exploration.org . New International Training in Transpersonal Breathwork and Transpersonal Psychotherapy The next three-year international training in Transpersonal Psychotherapy, Spiritual Guidance and Transpersonal Breathwork with Drs Ingo Benjamin Jahrsetz and Judith Miller will start in March 2016 and will take place at three different venues – Black Forest (Germany), at another European venue and the USA. The training is composed of twelve 5-days modules, which will be offered in spring and fall as 10-day-blocks. The first two modules will take place from March 9th to 19th, 2016 at the seminar house Hollerbuehl (Black Forest/Germany). Language: German and English with translation. Further information can be found on our website www.consciousness-exploration.org . HEALING – Western and Eastern Shamanic Views Public Symposium and Workshops with the Russian Shaman Valentin Chagdaev We succeeded in inviting a shaman of Burjatic origin who lives at Lake Baikal to Freiburg (Germany). The International Institute for Consciousness Exploration and Psychotherapy hosts its 3rd symposium on HEALING – Western and Eastern Shamanic View with Valentin Chagdaev as keynote speaker along with other teachers of the Institute. On the second day (Sunday) Valentin will give an all-day long experiential workshop on shamanic healing. An exchange between Western psychotherapists, healers and Valentin is envisaged to take place on Monday. Date: March, 5th to 7th, 2016 Venue: Seminarhaus am Schoenberg, Freiburg (Germany) Further information can be found on our website www.consciousness-exploration.org.
Dr.Ingo Benjamin Jahrsetz
UN-HUN® – SHAMANIC THROAT SINGING SYSTEM FOR HEALING AND SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENTVladislav Matrenitsky, M.D., PhD, will be holding an annual 5-days retreat in the wilderness of the Swedish lakes- Gallnas, Arjang area September 9 – 13, 2015 Un-Hun® – the Sound of Sun – is a powerful sound-based system, developed by the team of Nikolay Oorzhak, the hereditary Tuvan shaman, master of throat singing (South Siberia, Russia), and Dr. Vladislav Matrenitsky, Transpersonal Psychotherapist (Ukraine), during the ten years of their co-operation and personal experience, based on ancient shamanic tradition. Participants will learn the main styles of overtone throat singing and their application in shamanic practice. The seminar is highly practical and consists of 90% of different exercises for development of voice, sounds, energy and body. One not only gets the teaching but a direct transformational experience of expanding consciousness through one’s own sound. No vocal or music background is necessary. Details: WWW.UN-HUN.COM
CONGRESS ‘QUO VADIS’
in cooperation with SEN Deutschland E.V.
1-4.10.15 Todtmoos Black Forest, Germany
Michael von Brück, Pim van Lommel, Pieter Loomans, Sabine Mehne, Rüdiger Müller, Luise Reddemann, Ingrid Riedel, Ursula WirtzLecture and Workshop information and registration: Rütte-Forum, Graf-Dürckheim-Weg 5, 79682 Todtmoos, www.ruette-forum.de , Tel: 0049 – 7674-8511, Fax: 0049 – 7674-8561; www.ruette-forum.de ; email: email@example.com
FROM ESTONIAN TRANSPERSONAL ASSOCIATIONOur 9th Transpersonal Psychotherapy Course opens in January 2016! This year we had visits from interesting International Teachers, like Robert Moss who offered his unique way of working with dreams. We also have a student exchange scheme with the Latvian Transpersonal Education Institute and are looking for further contacts and exchange of students and teachers with other institutes, individuals or transpersonal associations. Our traditional residential summer seminar takes place on 15-19 July, 2015. As vice president of EUROTAS, I am approaching you to support our organisation, by joining as individual members or professional members. In the current global social and political situation we need your support more than ever as we are working towards expanding awareness. We are looking to establishing more National Organisations, so, if you have any contacts in your country and need help and support in establishing an association, one of us can come to your country and offer an open evening. We are especially interested in people from Scandinavian countries! As Abraham Maslow said, “The next step after self-actualising is to help others to self-actualise”, we want to encourage the establishment of more Transpersonal Institutes and have a list of exciting teachers ready to help you with the task. Our strength is in our cooperation, so let us all work together towards a better world!
A HOSPITAL BORN OUT OF PSYCHOSISIn 1999 a young family man entered his worst nightmare. He was becoming increasingly unwell and after four nights without sleep, the boundaries of reality became thinner and thinner. Invisible realms appeared visible; past, present and future lives flooded into his mind. Then, his biggest fear, his worst nightmare came true. He was sectioned under the Mental Health Act, and diagnosed with Paranoid Schizophrenia. Twelve weeks spent in a psychiatric hospital brought him back to himself; the same but now different. The medication cocktail brought boundaries and relief from other worlds, as well as much needed rest and sleep. When Leigh left hospital 3 months after being sectioned, he was told he wouldn’t be able to hold down a stressful job, and to apply for various government handouts, as that was how it was going to be from then on. Thankfully his gene pool didn’t and doesn’t work with that mind set. If someone says “no you can’t” the gene pool response is “let me show you how”. During my visits to see Leigh he would always say to me, “this is happening for a reason, I will be work in mental health one day” The statement has come to be true. With the determination and vision to create a place where people would be treated, as he would have liked to have been treated, Mundesley Hospital, on the North Norfolk coast opens in August as an acute psychiatric hospital, with Leigh as owner and Executive Chairman. Alongside the hospital is Hope Community Academy, supplying the Wellbeing and Therapeutic programme for those staying at the hospital. The academy comes complete with Director of Therapies (myself, Mark Wentworth) and Grace Warwick as Director of Transpersonal Psychology. I am proud to call Leigh my cousin and honoured to be part of a vision born out of psychosis.
Mark Wentworth (United Kingdom)Mark Wentworth is the Director of Therapies for Mundesley Hospital a soon to open in-patient and community based mental ill-health hospital facility in Norfolk UK. Mark has been studying and working with the healing power of colour for nearly 30 years. He is founder and principal of Colour for Life, a school that offers life-enhancing methods integrating colour therapy with the collective and visionary worlds of C.G. Jung, Dr Roger Woolger’s Deep Memory Process (DMP), Shamanism and Transpersonal based healing. www.colourforlife.
INTIMATE PSYCHOANALYSISIntimate psychoanalysis is a meditation technique which forms part of the practices of Pneuma System that occurs spontaneously during a transpersonal experience; having decoded what happens in these spaces, it is then expressed here in theory. The goal of this meditation is its practice during ordinary consciousness. Its benefits include preparation for the experiences of expanded consciousness and, above all else, the liberation of mind from ego. This psychoanalysis develops the ability to enter the psyche as in meditation, and to connect with Being and, therefore, to transcend ego. i. Intention ii. Relaxation iii. Subtle oxygenation iv. Serene observation; after becoming aware of the inner state, all thoughts, images, and emotions which appear are allowed to flow, without identifying oneself with them. This is a way of making the unconscious, conscious. v. Intimate psychoanalysis; investigate the origin of each thought, memory and emotion. How does it manifest? Why? Attention must be centred on the ego already observed in daily life. vi. Superlative analysis (from our essence); divided into self-exploration (the first and last apparition of the ego, the moments in which it is strongest) and self- revelation (the ego is fractioned by identifying the group of egos to which it appertains to, as well as those which derive from it). vii. Trial; harm and consequences of the ego and benefits from its elimination. viii. Comprehension and Transcendence; this process occurs at a certain level of the mind, which permits one to uproot it completely from the psyche, where order and the recovered virtue or value will be re-established. Intimate psychoanalysis is a process which occurs naturally in Transpersonal states. In every tradition in which transpersonal states are used, their real purpose is intimate psychoanalysis. Love, reflection, comprehension and transcendence of the ego (which is the origin of conflict and suffering) is an experience to which we are invited in the transpersonal experience.
Juan Ruiz Naupari
PNEUMA BREATHWORK…THE EXPERIENCE OF DIVINITYPneuma Breathwork is a practice of the Pneuma System, a system whose goal is to enable human beings to recognize their Divine Genetics, becoming conscious of this and thanks to the guidance of their own Self, implement a path of psycho-spiritual progression. Pneuma, a Greek word, means Spirit. The practice of Pneuma Breathing is based on the principle, set out in various traditions, that God is present in the air and therefore breathable. Accompanied by evocative music, breathing intensely with the intention to assimilate the spiritual principle contained in the air, it leads to a state of expanded consciousness and connection with one’s Self. From this inner space you can experience essential qualities such as love, peace, compassion, brotherhood, joy, realizing the power that these virtues have in transformation, and giving real meaning to our lives. This transpersonal experience also provides access to the most unfathomable part of the psyche and, thanks to the guidance and wisdom that comes from Spirit, observe, understand and eliminate many psychological defects that limit the expression of the virtues. When applied in the context of theoretical models proposed by Pneuma System, the notions of functionalism of the psyche, the multidimensionality of the universe and its laws, maps of the internal process- this technique, already in itself is extraordinarily effective, becoming even more incisive in the process of self-knowledge. Breathing Pneuma allows deep self-knowledge, who we are (the Self) and who we are not (ego). In every experience expanding the state of consciousness, we explore new dimensions internally, our ultra-anatomy, from which understanding that can be integrated in ordinary life comes, favouring a gradual psychological, physical and relational transformation. This fosters the possibility of following the inclination to research the spiritual dimension which recognizes the true meaning and purpose of life.
PHYSICAL ILLNESS AS A TOOL FOR SELF-OBSERVATIONAs I deepened my inner work with Pneuma System in 2009, I introduced some aspects of Transpersonal Psychology and Psychosomatic into my practice as a maxillofacial surgeon. In order to achieve this working change, the theoretical teachings and transpersonal practices proposed by Pneuma System were of use, especially associated to Homeopathy, Acupuncture and Tibetan medicine. I have been able to offer a different support to the sick, inviting them to observe themselves internally, and communicating to them, the inherent information of psychological maps of the body, connected to the anatomical structure, to deepen in eventual internal blocks. The case of a young fifteen-year-old is interesting, as he was hospitalised for a blow-out fracture involving the med wall of the orbit. This patient often suffered from episodes of bullying, and at the thousandth provocation he had rebelled and accepted the challenge made by a schoolmate; the result was the fracture of his cheekbone. Studying the psychological meaning of this facial bone, I discovered that it was tied to low consideration of self, a lack of escape route with the presence of a will to change, but without strength to achieve it. Furthermore, in Chinese medicine the eye is associated to the liver, to repressed anger, and loss of hope for future dreams. If the information that our body sends us by falling ill (which could be interpreted according to Pneuma System as the crystallisation of an “ego” in the physical vehicle) is taken advantage of, it could represent another tool to understand internally what is really happening, and to awaken consciousness in such a way that the process of change is started. My invitation is to use illness as a tool for internal self-observation.
Alessandra Brunelli, MD
TRUE HEALINGClassical psychology observes the patient’s life through the limited prism of the diagnostics of DSM IV, but in my experience as a psychotherapist, I have felt the need to go beyond these and use other tools to heal. The amplified states of consciousness are such a tool because through them, particular archetypical and symbolic realms are accessed in which it is possible to receive Being; said Being makes the observation of the egoic defect that causes the ailment possible, and permeates one’s nature with the specific virtue needed in the healing process. True healing is achieved through the liberation of the virtue encapsulated within the opposed egoic part; true therapy is the approach to the numinous, to the transpersonal: the closer the patient is to the experience of light, the freer he will be of the shadow’s constriction. The process of self-realisation must not be confused with the consciousness of the I, because it engenders a disastrous equivocation of concepts within the inner work that, instead of leading to individuation, leads to egocentrism. Hence it is important to remember who we are, appeal to our divine nature, and recognize the psychological multiplicity with its manifold sub-personalities which live within us. Socrates considered the therapist a maieuta, who must facilitate the patient’s process in the death of the ego. It is precisely because one must facilitate without interfering, that the education and preparation of the therapist is so important. Analysis and Pneuma Breathwork offers an effective entry into the amplified states of consciousness necessary for the preparation of the therapist so that he may tune in to the vibrations of his Being in order to feel and, through this feeling, connect with the essence. He who feels, chooses; he who chooses, takes responsibility of his life.
TRANPERSONAL TANGO IN LATVIAIn the beginning of July, in the frames of our Transpersonal Festival in Latvia „Gara Pupa” (The Long Beanstalk”) we had an experimental workshop – „Tango as a practice of presence”, led by Iwan Harlan and Isabella Cremer from Germany. The main emphasis was made on the art of contact and interaction of the partners. It was totally surprising, how psychological and also transpersonal, a tango dance and its learning process can be! The teachers were concentrating on questions: „Where does my presence come from?, „How can I show it – alone and together?”, ”How do we create united space?” „How do we keep the energy inside the couple?”, “How can we move together with intimacy and not loose ourselves?”, „How do we communicate with our body”, „How can we communicate with the partner using the different energy centres of our body”, “What kind of energy is possible between leader and follower” etc. I found these items very similar to the skills a psychotherapist would master, before becoming a professional Transpersonal Psychotherapist. There were a few more inspiring Tango workshops at our festival – „Yoga Tango or Meditation in Movement”, led by Ginta Schindler (Germany) and „Archetipycal Tango”, led by EUROTAS certified psychotherapist Matteo Hu (Italy). They included a lot of transpersonal aspects as well. A Transpersonal Psychotherapist can be perceived as a leader in a creative tango dance, where both of the partners are responsible for the outcome, where both of them can be in an altered state of consciousness and at the same time – feel the presence. This kind of tango workshop helped the experience of different aspects of this special feeling just using a dance modality. It also marked out how connected all the phenomena are, in their deepest sense. Perhaps, we can develop a new technique – „Transpersonal tango” for training our young transpersonal psychotherapists?
(Director of Latvian Transpersonal Training Institute)
RITES OF PASSAGE IN TRANSPERSONAL THERAPY; A NEW PATH OF CONSCIOUSNESS WITH SHAMANIC TECHNIQUESThe expression ‘rites of passage’ was introduced by anthropologist Arnold Van Gennep, to describe the deep inner meaning of change and transformation that the individual can experience, during the most important phases of the life cycle. According to Van Gennep’s thesis, rites of passage have three phases: separation, liminality and incorporation (Van Gennep, 1979). I point out that the second phase is very important because there is often a detachment or “cutting away” from the former self, which is signified in symbolic actions and rituals. The liminal phase is a period of transition – trance-state – between different states. During this process, the subject has left one place or state while in the process of preparing a new identity. In our work we propose a link between various experiences of regression and dis-identification with spontaneous emergence of deep emotions and experiences from the collective unconscious. The images and emotions of the personal life seem always to appear in very specific connection with the four basic perinatal matrices (BPMs) which is the name for the complex experiential pattern associated by Stan Grof’s research with the connective stages of the birth process (Grof 1980, 1985). My work prepares participants to translate personal conflicts and memories into ritual activities (dancing, breathing, painting). Consciousness tools: masks, drums, paintings and other healing techniques. There is no doubt that the second phase of any rite of passage – the liminal phase – is always connected with some trauma, conflict, “spiritual emergency” (Grof 1988), or frustration in childhood, infancy or in the maternal womb; an experience which is also linked to a prenatal memory pattern (De Luca 1984, 1991). According to new insights into Transpersonal Psychology provided by direct observations made in studies of consciousness – and by findings of anthropological studies – we all carry in ourselves archetypes of the collective unconscious: powerful images and energies associated with Death/Rebirth-Complex and the Hero’s journey (Campbell, 1990, Grof, 1988).
Arturo De Luca, Ph. D. – Psy. D.
(Italy)Arturo De Luca, Transpersonal Psychologist and Psychotherapist, has been teaching at the Faculty of Psychology – University of Rome La Sapienza – and at the Faculty of Medicine of Perugia. Former professor and researcher in Naturopathy at the University Jean Monnet in Brussels, after a course of training in Jungian analysis with Aldo Carotenuto (a famous italian Jungian Psychologist and University Professor), he completed his training in Transpersonal Psychology with Stanislav Grof (Grof Transpersonal Training) and other Western and Eastern Masters of meditation and psycho-respiratory practice, according to the Tibetan tradition. After several trips to Egypt, Asia, India and Tibet, De Luca has developed an innovative model of care focused on the recovery of ancient teachings and practices of Western and Eastern inspired by universal shamanism, a treasure of wisdom that refers to a body of doctrine still largely unknown but retaining the Primordial Tradition. He is the founder of ITRET (International Institute for Transpersonal Research and Therapy) of Rome and a researcher into the use of non-ordinary state of consciousness. Contract Researcher of CNR (National Research Council), he has carried out several years of research and teaching activities on non-ordinary states of consciousness, and music therapy at academic institutions, such as the four-year postgraduate training of Transpersonal Psychotherapy OM of Milan (recognized by the Ministry of University and Research) addressed to doctors and psychologists. Ordinary member of NYAS (New York Academy of Sciences), APA (American Psychological Association) and EUROTAS; author of various publications on Rebirthing, Shamanic Practices, Traditional Medicine, Alchemy, Music Therapy and Psychosomatic Medicine, De Luca is also publisher of scientific magazines such as Rivista di Psicologia Transpersonale and Orizzonti del Transpersonale.
IBEROAMERICAN TRANSPERSONAL ASSOCIATION – ATIFounded in Spain on March 25th 2015, this new born transpersonal association has been created to represent the Transpersonal Community of Latin America, Spain and Portugal. It is formed by leading Transpersonalists from Peru, Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Ecuador, Colombia, Mexico, Venezuela, Costa Rica, Portugal and Spain. The English language has always been a barrier for citizens of these countries, therefore the International Transpersonal Community has not known much about their existence. This new association is born to give space and personify the work that our transpersonal colleagues have been doing over the past 30 years, in order to highlight their contribution to the field, and benefit from each other’s learning. Apart from this, we all acknowledge the wisdom of the Native-Americans, a heritage that is integrated by transpersonal psychology and embraced in the association. The website of ATI (www.ati-transpersonal.org ) will be available from September 1st. All the information regarding the characteristics, aims, activities, contents and possibilities of the association will be displayed there. ATI will be officially presented by some of their founding members at the XI ITA Conference to be held in Salvador de Bahia, Brazil, organized by ALUBRAT, September 4th 2015
Founder of ATI
LETTER FROM THE EDITOROur July edition of the EUROTAS Newsletter has increased with your participation, and I look forward to the variety of articles for our next issue which comes out in October. In the interim, I would like to ask you all to remember to hold the light for Greece in your meditations, as we need this light desperately. Thinking of you all Lindy Lydia
No. 75 - 10-03-2015
No. 75 - 10-03-2015
- The First Transpersonal Festival in Milan (June 18-21). The EUROTAS General Assembly this year will take place in the frames of this festival – it is planned on June 20.
- The 4.th Baltic Transpersonal Conference in Tallin, April 11-12.
- The 1st International Conference of Transpersonal Psychology in Indonesia (July 31-August 2), organized by graduate students of Sofia University (http://transpersonalbali.weebly.com/).
- The International Transpersonal Conference in Salvador, Brazil (September 4-7).
- If you are a supervised psychotherapist and would like to be certified by EUROTAS /ESTP, the deadline for sending me the documents for Certification this time is June 8.
- If you are certified already and are working as a Transpersonal Supervisor, you can become an approved EUROTAS/ESTP supervisor and can be listed on EUROTAS web. If interested in applying – please contact me.
- In March and April we will make some changes to the structure of the EUROTAS web. Please inform me, if the information about you or your organization should be updated or if you have any other questions about our web.
- The next Newsletter will be published in July 2015. Our Newsletter is a perfect way to inform others about our activities and to get to know, what is going on in other countries!
- A special location for the day of Milan: Centro Magnolia at the Idroscalo
- A beautiful setting for the three final days: Centre d’Ompio.
- Prestigious partnerships like the one with Sophia University in Palo Alto and Expo in città, or with innovative enterprises like Ubiquity University.
4th Transpersonal Psychology Conference of the Baltic Countries
Creativity and Expanding Human Boundaries
April 11 – 12, 2015Conference Venue: Hotel Europa, Paadi 5, Tallinn, Estonia (http://www.euroopa.ee)
OrganizersInternational Transpersonal Association “Whole World” Estonian Coaching Company “Tervemaailm” Ltd Transpersonal Center of Archaic Cultures and Traditions (Estonia)
Organizing CommitteeProf. Sergey Strekalov, Ph.D. (Saint Petersburg, Russia), Prof. Jure Biechonski Ph.D. (Estonia), Ingrida Indane (Latvia), Marius Daugelavičius, Ph.D. (Lithuania), Sergei Osipov (Estonia).
- The inner and outer boundaries of personality
- Connection between development of creativity and altered states of mind
- Modern trends and methods of creativity evolving
- Sharing experiences, discussions, and practical participation in the program of the Conference
IN LATVIA!The annual Transpersonal Summer Festival „GARA PUPA” (The Long Beanstalk) Latvia – July 3-7, 2015 In a mysterious place in the countryside near Lake Usma This year the motto of our festival is: “BEING PRESENT” The main workshops will be organized in 3 directions: Shamanistic Practices and Vision Quest with Dr. Steven Schmitz (USA); Dr. Regina U Hess (Germany); Transpersonal in Tango Dance with Matteo Hu, Stefania Fazzone (Italy); Isabella Cremer, Iwan Harlan (Germany), Ginta Schindler, Liene Vesmina (Latvia), Aristide Olivers Hamans (Germany); Creativity and Improvisation with Julia Melnik (Lithuania), Ingrida Indane, Dana Indane, Liga Platais, Laura Gustovska, Jekabs Nimanis (Latvia) and others. The novelty is that you are invited to come with your children – we will offer special workshops (biodance, visual art, music and experimental activities) for them! Languages – Latvian and English
Let us celebrate the
presence, spontaneity and creativity of life together!More information: http://www.transpersonal.lv/index.php/lv/8-visas/101-summer-festival-the-long-beanstalk
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE IN BRAZIL
September 4-7, SalvadorInformation about 2 international events of the International Institute for Consciousness Exploration and Psychotherapy
- NEW INTERNATIONAL TRAINING IN TRANSPERSONAL PSYCHOTHERAPY
- HEALING – WESTERN AND EASTERN SHAMANIC VIEWS
NEWS FROM SLOVENIAThe recently founded Institute for Transpersonal Psychotherapy in Slovenia is up and running with therapies, study afternoons and supervision meetings. Additionally, there will be two weekend workshops facilitated by experienced Transpersonal Psychotherapists Monica Anthony and Dr. Romana Kress. The workshops are based on the work of Barbara Somers and Ian Gordon-Brown, founders of the Centre for Transpersonal Psychology in London. They will be in English and therefore suitable for international participants. For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org The Masculine and Feminine Within will take place 17 – 18 April 2015 in Ljubljana Cycles and Stages of Life will take place 20 – 21 November 2015 in Ljubljana NEWS FROM CROATIA Yoga is one of the best transpersonal therapies that exists. Its healing properties have been consistently confirmed for over 5,000 years. The healing benefits of yoga and the other ancient eastern methods are holistic and integral. They affect the whole person, with many physical, mental and spiritual aspects. A transpersonal aspect of yoga philosophy and techniques goes beyond the individual, and furthers the transformation of humanity as a whole. This summer we are organizing several yoga and Ayurveda workshops, as well as a continuous presentation of different yoga styles and schools each week. In addition to Hatha yoga, Zen yoga, Tantra yoga, Taoist yoga, and others, there is a week of Tai Chi with Chi Gong training as well. The place is the island of Hvar in Croatia, known for its exquisite natural beauty, pine forests, lavender fields and historic towns founded by the ancient Greeks. Our web site for more information www.yoga-prema.com Milica Zegarac email@example.com
EVERY MOMENT IS A CHANCE –
To take a deep breath and make a new choice!Breathwork is a method of spiritual purification, personal development and soul healing. It is a way to increase energy and enhance aliveness, to reduce or eliminate stress, negativity and worry. Breathwork opens us to higher states of consciousness; it allows us to access the deepest parts of our mentality, soul and heart, and it supports us in developing and expressing our greatest gifts. This process is highly experiential and the wisdom and healing gained comes from each individual’s inner experience. Each person’s breathwork journey is a highly individualized process and no two are ever the same. Some of the states of consciousness reported range from Divine, otherworldly Bliss States to the struggle to be released from negative forces in the psyche. Laughing and crying are common occurrence, as is the life review where one relives or observes their lifetime experiences. Old patterns of dysfunction may be brought to the surface. Addictions are sometimes healed during this process, and feelings of grief, fear, rage and anxiety may be released. After the process, each person creates a Mandala or piece of jewelry, which is an art piece that helps the journeyer begin to integrate the experience to daily life. Over the last 30 years, the science and art of Breathwork has made its way to the cutting edge of the Human Potential Movement. It has found its place at the foreground of Mind-Body Medicine. Breath Awareness and Conscious Breathing are studied & taught wherever Science and Religion, Consciousness and Spirit or open hearts & minds come together for good. There are countless forms of Breathwork, and many ways to apply it. The Bulgarian Breathwork Association provides wonderful opportunities for those curious about Breathwork and the potential of human mind & body. You can practice & learn as a professional modality or as a process for personal development & transformation. In any case it will change you! BG Breathwork association
MEMOIR WRITING AS A TRANSPERSONAL PRACTICEMy recent doctoral research studied the art of memoir writing as a transpersonal practice to facilitate transformation and empowerment. The research was inspired by my own experience as a memoir writer. This qualitative narrative inquiry research study examined the transformative and empowering dynamics of writing a memoir in connection with transcendent and/or pivotal experiences. The study was informed by Maslow’s theory of creativity and metamotivation. The findings contribute to the ongoing knowledge of writing as a transpersonal practice. The results illustrate the many transformative and empowering dynamics of writing a full-length memoir in well-published writers. The experience of writing a memoir offered the participants a chance to review their lives, achieve resolution and redemption, find inner peace, and establish the clarity of mind to move forward in their lives, while viewing their pivotal experience in the context of their entire life. An excerpt of this study, including the method, results and discussion was published in the 2014 issue of the Journal of Transpersonal Psychology. Note: I am interested in connecting with other individuals and/or researchers who have done work in the area of writing for transformation, and would like to have a discussion on the subject. I am also interested in connecting with others who might be interested in being a part of future studies. Collaborators welcome. I will be at Eurotas 2015 in Milan and we could connect there or via email. I am based in Southern California. Email : firstname.lastname@example.org Diana Raab Ph.D.
A TRANSPERSONAL APPROACH TO VIOLENT DEATH TRAUMAWhen someone loses a loved one to Violent Death Trauma, by homicide, suicide, drug overdose, drunk drive, war, terrorism or sudden death, the grief is complex, often with symptoms of PTSD, shock and extreme emotions. A Transpersonal approach using values of spirituality and creativity can help people not only survive, but learn to live again with meaning and purpose. I have been told by many clients that they find it hard to get the help they need because therapists don’t understand the nature of their trauma—and sometimes re-traumatize them.. In my book, A Grief Like No Other, Surviving the Violent Death of Someone You Love (Perseus. 2006), I’ve developed a seven stage transpersonal model to help people cope and give therapists understanding and tools to use. The stages are: Telling the story, Discovering the eight qualities of humanity, Building a support network, Learning how to ride the waves of grief, Practicing the three principles of acceptance, forgiveness and gratitude, Generating creativity and Facing the new world of emerging possibilities. I developed these stages after the murder of my son in 1999 and my work with survivors. It’s a model that works because it comes out of deep understanding of the client’s experience and how to help them, rather than re-traumatize them. It’s been used by thousands of clients, therapists, clergy and service providers throughout the world. Kathleen O’Hara, MA LPC is an American Transpersonal psychotherapist living in London. She is a consultant for the US Federal Office for Victims of Crime, has given trainings for support agencies, therapists, clergy in Europe, Canada and the US. She has helped survivors of VDT for the past 15 years and been a therapist for 22years.Please contact her at 44 7713932627 email@example.com www.kathleenohara.com
GENITAL MUTILATION: ARE MALES IN THE WEST SUFFERING UNNECESSARILY?Client: White Caucasian male with presenting problem of erectile dysfunction. After a few sessions the client discloses a recurring “deep” memory as a child of sitting in the bath with his father and thinking – my penis used to look the same as his, why is this not so now? – and then discounting the thought as unreal because of the obvious visual difference. When mature the client decides to ask his parents the reason why they had him circumcised. To his surprise and frustration they are either too embarrassed or unable to answer his “perfectly reasonable question”. His own research reveals that some 88% of males in America are automatically circumcised at birth or within the first year. That the majority of circumcisions’ are performed by male doctors with an especially designed tool that clamps on the penis and literally tears the foreskin away without the use of anaesthetic. It further reveals that mothers questioned later tell of the “doctor” assuring them that the child will yell only briefly then settle down quietly. Many mothers report that their sons did indeed yell but then went abnormally quiet, some for a considerable amount of time, with accompanying loss of colour to the face as if in a deep shock or “trauma”. In a later session the client talks again of feelings of unnecessary abuse against his person, as no valid medical reasons appear to exist to substantiate why this “barbaric practice” continues. The exception is in a very small percentage of males where abnormalities of the foreskin may prohibit urinating or normal erection without pain or discomfort. Have any colleagues had client(s) who have experienced similar circumstances or know of any research on this subject that has been validated? Ian Thorp <firstname.lastname@example.org> LETTER FROM THE EDITOR Dear Reader, As I have taken over the editing of the EUROTAS Newsletter, I wish to invite you to send articles and news about your local institutes and associations. The newsletter of EUROTAS keeps you all informed on the latest developments in the Transpersonal Field, so it is a privilege to edit your articles. For those of you who are not familiar with my background, I am author of ‘A Soul’s Journey – the Essence of a Spiritual Path towards the Transpersonal (Archive Publishing), am certified by EUROTAS as a Transpersonal Psychotherapist and Supervisor, core team member of EDTR and director and coordinator of the EUROTAS 2014 conference in Crete, hosted by SYNTHESIS the Hellenic Association for Transpersonal Psychology, which closed in January 2015. I also look forward to receiving news about ongoing research projects in the field of the Transpersonal. I am currently introducing Mindfulness Practice to children and parents at a private Greek school in Athens as well as doing my PhD, so look forward to hearing from you about ongoing projects of interest to the community. Light Always Lindy Lindy McMullin
No. 74 - 01-12-2014
No. 74 - 01-12-2014
1. A Letter from our President, Bernadette BlinThe conference in Crete was a wonderful EUROTAS event. In this beautiful setting, we had the opportunity to listen to many psychologists and researchers who contribute in a significant way to the transpersonal movement. There were also opportunities to experiment and to discover new approaches, and have new experiences that are flourishing all over the world. The Conference was the result of the cooperation of three main associations, EUROTAS, ITA and ATP. But the biggest part of the work was done by SYNTHESIS. All those involved did amazing and very professional work. We are very grateful to them for their total dedication to the success of this conference. Regina U Hess, board member of EUROTAS announced at the end of the Conference that a book will be published with the contributions of the presenters. Thanks to her this is an exciting new and positive step. Meeting our members and sharing ideas with them is also an important part of our conferences. This is the time we can really create contacts and co-create who we are and what we are as a community. New EUROTAS departments are in gestation, showing our interest in developing the transpersonal vision in many different areas. We need to be creative in a world, which is so fixed in old ways and out of date structures. Tanna Jakubowicz-Mount is working with heart and passion for years to give birth to the “Council of Elders” as a way of transmitting the message of the elders to new generations. This is a very good example of what a motivated individual can do with the support of the EUROTAS community. The more we progress, the more we see new paths we can follow in education, in business, through the environment and in everyday life Winter is coming and we are entering the time of Christmas. It is a time of over consumerism in western societies. May we remember to honour and celebrate this special time in a different way. Let’s enjoy the simple fact of being alive, of having those we love around us and the fortune of having a roof over our heads and food to put on our plate. May we keep our heart open to those who suffer close to us and everywhere in the world and nourish the interconnection between all our human brothers and sisters. I wish you a very peaceful and warm time with your friends and family. Why not invite them at a certain point to hold in their hearts the suffering of the world and send a wave of pure love to our planet and its inhabitants? Bernadette Blin, EUROTAS President
2. The XVl EUROTAS Conference Crete, Greece, October 1-5, 2014 from LindyThe XVI Conference in Crete was an opportunity for the transpersonal minded from many different countries to come together and bring light to the special island of Crete. With the support of participants, presenters, volunteers and those behind the scenes, this conference was a great occasion with thirty five workshops to choose from and a very high standard of diverse lectures and workshops. Our key note speakers were excellent and there was lovely entertainment in the evenings. Our trip to Phaistos was enjoyed by all. I would like to thank everyone who was able to come, for their support, light and dedication to the transpersonal movement which made it such a joyful occasion in the beautiful surroundings of the Pilot Beach Resort. I hope the conference remains in your hearts and memories. I would especially like to thank Ingo Jahrsetz when President of EUROTAS for his collaboration in the early stages of preparation He was right to suggest Crete as an ideal place to host for the Conference. It was an honour for us to host such a successful event for EUROTAS with participants from over thirty three countries. I hope you will enjoy the videos and pictures on our site www.eurotas2014.com. This will be updated regularly with news about the book to be published about the Conference to include your articles and comments. Please do send me your thoughts. With much love and light, Lindy Lydia McMullin President SYNTHESIS and Conference Director
3. The EUROTAS office – Greetings from Ingrida IndaneIn our Office the EUROTAS summer passed very fast. It began with helping in the preparation of our EUROTAS annual Conference and starting the new fiscal year of 2014/2015. Now with winter already on our doorstep, we can evaluate, what kind of harvest we have! First of all I am impressed by the many small, nice and valuable comments I have received from the participants, about the Conference and the office work. Thank you for writing them! In addition, inspired from the Conference, more people have decided to become EUROTAS individual members and have promised to cooperate and to contribute. During the last two months the number of our Individual members has doubled. We are still working on developing our website and all the documents. It seems to be a never ending process, because more and more new creative proposals arise. Enriching the work of our Association to deal with all of them, the work of our Board and Office must be professional, but also not become too bureaucratic and we would keep in mind transpersonal values to include heart-to heart contact. Sometimes it seems to me that I am in the middle of the formation of a new kind of office work – a transpersonal one. It is a challenge and a process, that cannot grow without making errors and therefore I would be very glad to hear any ideas from you for more effective transpersonal office work! Now, during this dark and cold winter time (especially in Northern Europe), I wish you all to protect the lights in your hearts and experience the warmth from your friends and beloved ones! And in this article I would like to send you some small light and love also from the EUROTAS office in Riga! Yours, Ingrida Indane (EUROTAS Executive Director)
4. The EUROTAS Board Meeting – Crete, Greece, September 30, 2014 – summary pointsEUROTAS membership continues to grow. We now have seven new certified members, several new individual members, and seven new Supervisors have been approved and are on the website. The charter has been written to establish the ESTP (EUROTAS Society for Transpersonal Psychology). The board is working to form an Ethical Committee and develop a European Transpersonal University. Work continues on the Summer Festival in Milan for June 18 to 21, 2015. This will be a large event with many activities (a parade, workshops, lectures, performances, poetry, artwork, story-telling, and theater to mention just some) with many sponsors. The website for the festival is www.feedingthesoul.eu. Steven Schmitz
5. EUROTAS Festival in Milan, Italy 18-21 June 2015“Feeding the Soul” in Milan will be the first EUROTAS Festival next year. It is organized by the Om Association for Transpersonal Medicine and Psychology in partnership with the Centro d’Ompio (Italy) and co-sponsored by the Integral Transpersonal Institute of Milan, the Association for Transpersonal Psychology (ATP), Ubiquity University (U.S.), and Expo in città. “Feeding the Soul” intends to open a window on a neglected forgotten side; that of listening, emptiness, silence, inner experience, sharing, compassion and awareness of the sacredness of the living and of spiritual yearning. We intend to bring together the multiple diversity in a community of purpose that transcends divisions and unites through dialogue, creativity, sharing, solidarity, spirituality and renewal. We invite young and old, professors, and professionals, students and artists, secular and religious, musicians and those of all ages to participate in experiential workshops and roundtables, to enjoy events, live performances and art exhibitions in locations scattered throughout the city as well as at the magnificent backdrop of the international convention center surrounded by nature, Centre d’Ompio. For further info please visit: www.feedingthesoul.eu. With love Pier Luigi Lattuada M.D., Ph.D. www.integraltranspersonal.com www.biotransenergetica.it
6. First Transpersonal Research ColloquiumGathering Our Research Community Together June 22-23, 2015, Milan, Italy The Transpersonal Research Colloquium (TRC) 2015 follows the EUROTAS Transpersonal Festival in Milan on June 22-23, 2015 at Centro d’Ompio, Italy (www.ompio.org). Co-sponsored by the EUROTAS Division of Transpersonal Research, Integral Transpersonal Institute, and Transpersonal Consultancy, researchers worldwide will engage in dialogue and trainings related to current and emerging research projects on transpersonal, spiritual, and related topics. While the final program will be co-constructed depending on accepted proposals, the program will include topics such as Transpersonal Approaches to Research, Epistemological considerations, studying Therapeutic Interventions, combining Qualitative and Quantitative methods effectively, a Transpersonal Approach to Evidence-based Practice, and Embodied and Art-based Approaches to Research. Time will be provided for networking with other participants and discussions of ongoing research projects, potential collaborations, and impromptu research topics. Facilitators for the colloquium are Drs. Pier Luigi Lattuada of the Integral Transpersonal Institute (www.integraltranspersonal.com), Rosemarie Anderson of Transpersonal Consultancy (www.transpersonalconsultancy.com) and Professor Emerita at Sofia University, and Giovanna Calabrese and Regina U. Hess representing the EUROTAS Division of Transpersonal Research (http://eurotas.org/division-of-transpersonal-research-edtr/). The fee for the 2-day colloquium is 80 Euros for EUROTAS members and 100 Euros for non-members. Participation in the colloquium will be limited to 40 professional researchers with PhDs, MDs, or doctoral candidates actively engaged in research. To apply for participation, kindly send us the following: – an abstract of your current research project (200 words in English) – short bio including research background (100-200 words as needed in English) – a head-shot photo of you Following acceptance, email us a document (article or PowerPoint presentation) that describes the research project in detail. Deadline for Submission of Application: February 1, 2015. Submit your application materials to email@example.com. You will receive a response to your application in early March 2015.
7. The Council of Elders Meeting in Crete – Tanna Jacubowicz-MountDear Friends, let me present to you the list of those who participated in the Council of Elders: Lindy McMullin, Judith Miller, Ashok Gangadean, Anne Baring, Zana Marovic, Pier Luigi Lattuada, Marcie Boucouvalas, Stanley Krippner, David Lukoff, Vladimir Maikov, Stuart Sovatsky, Vitor Rodrigues, Tanna Jakubowicz-Mount. 13 of us – a great number! I want to express my heartfelt gratitude for your beautiful presence and thoughtful messages. Let me address now those who were present and all Elders of our community and ask all of you to write short messages for a larger circle of people so we can together create the chapter of the book published with conference materials. I believe this is really significant. We have time until December 10th to send these messages to me: firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll ask Vitor to put them together for the book. Why did I come back to the XVI EUROTAS Conference with the idea dear to my heart a Council of Elders? Because I believe we are at crucial point of history and it is a time to engage our love, wisdom and healing powers to planetary action. Most of us sat in the Council together to ponder a major question: how can we apply our transpersonal vision and experience to the world to contribute to a new spiritual emergence. We were weaving the tapestry of creative visions and ideas. “We have the responsibility of proposing and thinking creatively about a new humankind” said Vitor Rodrigues. Do we need to draw more wisdom from ancient indigenous, shamanic cultures, and from Eastern and Western spiritual traditions? Some of us underlined the unique, pioneering role of transpersonal psychology in integrating spirituality and science and also developing cross-cultural gatherings. Some of us focused on the need to support indigenous people and to work with children and young people who have the potential for change. There was a lively and enthusiastic discussion which will lead after reflection to a fuller report from the Council of Elders in a chapter of the post- Crete conference book. With love and appreciation, Tanna Jakubowicz-Mount
8. The Use of Transpersonal Psychology in Police ForcesI’d used to consider such ideas as “police” and “transpersonal psychology” to be incompatible until the last autumn, when Tatiana Maltseva, a beautiful and brave woman appeared at one of my seminars. As it turned out later Tatiana was and still is a Police Lieutenant Colonel, a docent, PhD, a lecturer in one of the leading departmental colleges that train personnel for the higher echelons of the Police Service of our country. Tatiana showed a big interest in my programme and started to apply the knowledge and skills she got to the dedicated training and personal development of her students. She was strong enough to venture upon implementing the transpersonal principles and values into such a complex, rigid, but absolutely necessary branch of our society as the police organization. I’m proud and happy to introduce you her short report about the great job she did. “The conditions of service in the police place serious demands on psychophysical and psychoenergetic stability of people, they also require certain skills to perform in various extraordinary and emergency situations. The level of stresses the police servants undergo as part of their activity is indisputably very high and leads to various psychosomatic disorders and state of neuropsychic disadaptation. А year work was carried out with the students of departmental college. It was devoted to mastering the transpersonal practices, that offer a wide range of possibilities in overcoming the stress and appear to be a potential backup for mental and personal enhancement, mental outlook growth and also for the development of creativity and inner integrity. This work has resulted in the positive influence on the students’ psychophysical state, on their level of mastering the technique of psychophysical regulation and psycho-emotional sphere management, on the development of Consciousness and the reframing of their life philosophy. It also encouraged their outlook broadening, improved their ability for tolerant attitude to life, leveled up their inner self-sufficiency and led to their positive self-acceptance, which effectively influenced the level of their self-esteem and self-actualization.” (Tatiana Maltseva) Sincerely yours, Gennady Brevde. email@example.com
9. Transpersonal Awakening – An extractWhy Transpersonal Awakening of our Cultures is of the Highest Priority It is now clear that Transpersonal Literacy and Intelligence bring us to the Source of all our worldviews, cultures, religions and forms of life. This Primal Source Field is named differently in our great philosophical, spiritual and religious traditions through the ages. Whether invoked through Tao, Aum, Yahweh, Allah, Brahman, Sunyata (Emptiness), Christ, God, Spirit or the Foundational Energy Field of all the Sciences… the collective wisdom of our planet through the ages has recognized that this Source Field is the generative Source of our diverse scriptures, worldviews, enlightenment teachings, indeed, of all worldviews, narratives, ideologies, religions and disciplinary forms of life. (…) Our collective Wisdom is clear that our wide-ranging human dysfunctions, pathologies and forms of violence trace to our pre-Sourced forms of life and cultures. And our maturation to becoming Whole Persons, living the deep dialogical intelligence of Transpersonal Presence, is the highest form of human activism which gets to the source of wide-ranging crises facing humanity today. This is why our personal and cultural evolution to the non-violent Dialogic and Transpersonal Intelligence is highest urgency for healing our cultures, our worlds, our personal lives. Please contact Ashok for the full article Ashok Gangadean Margaret Gest Professor of Global Philosophy-Haverford College (USA) Founder-Director of the Global Dialogue Institute www.awakeningmind.org
10. From John RowanThe following item might be of interest to EUROTAS newsletter readers. Recent publications from John Rowan. ‘The transpersonal in individual therapy’ 497-518 in W Dryden & A Reeves (eds) The handbook of individual therapy (6th ed) London: Sage 2014 ‘The transpersonal approach to coaching’ 145-156 in E Cox, T Bachkirove & D Clutterbuck (eds) The complete handbook of coaching (2nd ed) London: Sage 2014 ‘Existential, humanistic and transpersonal therapies and the relational approach’ 40-50 in D Charura & S Paul (eds) The therapeutic relationship handbook: Theory and practice Maidenhead: The Open University Press 2014 Nice to see the transpersonal approach being recognised in these fields. Dr John Rowan Phone: 020 8524 7381 www.johnrowan.org.uk
11. The Creation Story of the New Initiative: Disaster/Trauma Task ForceTime and space are no barriers when manifesting the Transpersonal. In the dance of Creation, those who listen, hear the call and answer to it. The idea for a Disaster/Trauma Task Force to be established and become part of EUROTAS, represents a convergence of creative intent, skill, and experience from four co-founders in different parts of the world. Before the EUROTAS Transpersonal Conference in Crete in September 2014, Regina U Hess, a German clinical psychologist, mentioned to several friends that she intended to co-found a Disaster/Trauma Task Force, as a result of her near-death-experience in the 2004 Asian tsunami, her exposure to mass destruction, her professional work with trauma survivors, and transcultural applicable disaster/trauma intervention programs, beyond solely Western psychology. At the conference in Crete, in perfect synchronization, Jacqui Linder, a Canadian trauma psychologist working with victims of human trafficking and interpersonal violence, challenged participants to consider how Transpersonal Psychology might be made more relevant, to survivors of psychological trauma. In response, Mark Wentworth, a UK based International Trainer and Color Therapist, who has worked with trauma survivors in Nepal and Bangladesh, spontaneously stood up, and recommended the creation of a disaster/trauma taskforce. Marleen De Villiers, a South African Psychologist, Researcher, and Artist presenting at the conference, then agreed to lend her 20+ years of clinical expertise in trauma to support this initiative. Four people heard and answered the call and are now bringing together their individual experience and skills, to explore the possibilities of creating a future Transpersonal Training Course, in Trauma and PTSD, using a Trans generational and Transcultural Approach. As the Portuguese poet Fernando Pessoa said, “God wills, man dreams, the work is done”. Further developments and updates will be shared in the coming months. This is Transpersonal Synchronicity in action.
12. Information about International Events of the I.I.B.P.New International Training in Transpersonal Psychotherapy The next three-years International Training in Transpersonal Psychotherapy, Spiritual Guidance and Transpersonal Breathwork as an Initiatory Tool with Drs Ingo Benjamin Jahrsetz and Judith Miller will start in March 2016, and will take place at three different venues – The Black Forest (Germany), Italy or Spain and the USA. The training is composed of twelve 5-day modules, which will be offered in Spring and Fall as 10 day blocks. The first two modules will take place from March 9th to 19th, 2016 at the seminar house Hollerbuehl (Black Forest/Germany). Language: German and English with translation. Further information can be found on our website www.consciousness-exploration.org. HEALING – Western and Eastern Shamanic Views Public Symposium and Workshops with the Russian Shaman Valentin Chagdaev We succeeded in inviting a Shaman of Burjatic origin who lives at the Lake Baikal to Freiburg (Germany). The I.I.B.P. hosts its 3rd Symposium on HEALING – Western and Eastern Shamanic Views, where Valentin Chagdaev will be a Keynote Speaker along with other teachers from the Institute. On the second day (Sunday) Valentin will give an all-day experiential workshop on Shamanic Healing. An exchange between Western Psychotherapists, Healers and Valentin is envisaged to take place on Monday. Date: March, 5th to 7th, 2016 Venue: Seminarhaus am Schoenberg, Freiburg (Germany) Further information can be found on our website www.consciousness-exploration.org.
13. News from SloveniaDear Transpersonal Colleagues, I am very happy to let you know that for the first time an Institute for Transpersonal Psychotherapy has been founded in Slovenia this autumn. The overall aim of the Institute is to promote the Transpersonal Paradigm in general and to enrich the growing profession of Psychotherapy in this country through the Transpersonal Perspective. The long term aim of the Institute is to establish a 4-year training programme in Transpersonal Psychotherapy based on the EAP requirements of sound theoretical knowledge, in-depth personal experience and practical work under supervision. Approaching the Self: 28. – 29. November 2014 The Masculine and Feminine Within: 17 – 18. April 2015 For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
14. The Journal of Transpersonal ResearchThe Journal of Transpersonal Research (JTR) has recently published the first issue of 2014, Volume 6 (1). This is a Special Issue on “Holotropic Breathwork and other Hyperventilation Procedures”. It is the first time that a double-blinded, peer-reviewed journal has dedicated a special issue about this technique. The JTR special issue includes papers by Stan Grof, Lenny Gibson, James Eyerman, Martin Boroson and Iker Puente, among other contributions from different countries, including Russia, Colombia, Chile and Spain. The JTR is also preparing a Special Topic on “Psychedelic Research” for the first issue of 2015. Call for papers: Journal of Transpersonal Research. Special Topic on “Psychedelic Research.” We accept original empirical articles, literature reviews, and brief reports dealing with basic and applied topics in the field of Psychedelic Research. The objective of the Journal of Transpersonal Research is to promote, bring together and disseminate the investigation of Transpersonal Psychology and Psychotherapy, as well as other subjects related to this field. Authors interested in collaborating with an article, please submit a one page abstract explaining objectives and scope of the paper. It is also possible to send the final paper if it is ready. Authors may submit abstracts or articles in English and Spanish to: Calendar: December 30th 2014: Deadline for the receipt of abstracts or articles. January 31th 2015: All participants will be informed of acceptance or rejection April 15st 2015: Deadline for the submission of the final version of the article. June 2015. Publication of JTR, Vol. 7 (1) email@example.com
15. Post-doctoral Scholars Program in Transpersonal Researchwith Rosemarie Anderson, Ph.D. The Post-doctoral Scholars Program is an independent two-year training program that brings researchers together online to design and conduct individual research projects on Transpersonal and spiritual topics. Dr. Rosemarie Anderson established the program in early 2014 to meet the needs of Transpersonal Researchers who emailed her asking for post-doctoral research supervision and advanced training. To date, scholars from Canada, South Africa, and the United States have joined the program to provide interactive feedback online to proposed research designs, learn the spectrum of research methods now available, and create a collaborative research community at the post-doctoral level. The program also includes small group gatherings at International Transpersonal conferences. Five of us recently attended the EUROTAS Crete Conference 2014 (www.eurotas2014.com/en/) to further our collaborations in person, present at the conference, and network with European colleagues. The program’s mission is to train transpersonal researchers to teach and supervise research at universities and graduate programs around the world. All scholars have completed a Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent degree. The program starts up again in January 2015 and is now open to new applicants. See www.transpersonalconsultancy.com for additional details or email Dr. Rosemarie Anderson, Professor Emerita, Sofia University, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. From Martine Garcin-FradetThanks for the opportunity I had to write an article for the “Integral Transpersonal Journal” with the help of Giovanna Calabrese and Regina Hess. Writing an article about Accompanied Inner Communication for the Integral Transpersonal Journal has been a real challenge. Regina Hess helped me and asked me to rewrite it a few times before it could be accepted. I was sometimes almost ready to give up! Regina stood firm and Giovanna explained the article was intended for research and I had to strictly follow the APA style. Being tenacious, I finally managed to present an acceptable article. I can see now how interesting this challenge has been. The rigor I had to show is now available for upcoming papers and books. Thank you Regina for your help and thank you Giovanna for your explanations and for the opportunity I had to present “Accompanied Inner Communication”, allowing access to the inner voice. Martine Garcin-Fradet
17. Reminder to the Crete Conference presentersThis is just a last reminder that you can still send your contributions for the book to be published about the Crete EUROTAS Conference. As the book will not only be a series of workshop and seminar articles, you may want to write an article about your particular area of expertise within the Transpersonal Field that is connected to the title and of course following the guidelines you have received. Please note that article abstracts sent after the 10 December will not be considered, so you still have some a few days to make your contributions. Lindy Lydia McMullin
18. A note from the PresidentThis newsletter is the last one that John Drew is editing. I want to deeply thank him for his dedication to EUROTAS as an elder of the association, a president for several years and the editor of newsletters from the beginning. Of course, he will stay with us and still be a member of EUROTAS, but now it’s time for him to to hand over to someone else. This someone is Lindy Mc Mullin who accepted to be the new editor. A big thank you John from our community because through this publication, you maintained a living connection between all of us. And welcome to Lindy for the next steps… Please send information about yourself, your association and any thoughts concerning the transpersonal you may wish to communicate more widely (maximum 300 words for an article, 150 words for an advertisement + a link to more information) to Ingrida – email@example.com. She will transfer your article to Lindy who will edit it. Bernadette
19. Last note from the EditorIt is now 20 years that I have been involved with EUROTAS and subsequently edited 74 numbers of this current Newsletter. I obtained agreement to develop a website and encouraged EUROTAS to organize an annual Conference through national associations. It is very satisfying to have made a contribution and now to see the Association taking off along new and exciting paths. I am leaving to develop my work on global values at Regents University London, wishing Lindy all good fortune and sincere thanks for taking on the task of Editor. As ever Ave atque vale (hail and farewell!) Love John
No. 73 - 29-07-2014
No. 73 - 29-07-2014
No. 72 - 01-04-2014
No. 72 - 01-04-2014
1. A Letter from our President
2. The XVI EUROTAS Conference Crete, Greece, October 1-5, 2014
3. Urgent Note from Lindy. Book flights and hotel for Crete NOW!
4. The EUROTAS office – Greetings from Ingrida
5. EUROTAS Board meeting February 2014
6. Steven Schmitz and the Global Transpersonal Symposium
7. Journal of Transpersonal Research
8. Baltic Countries Third Transpersonal Conference
9. Summer Retreat with Ingo and Judith
10. Feeding the Soul; Milan Transpersonal Festival 2015; Pier Luigi
11. Beata Bishop’s Latest Book
12. John Rowan Master class
13. Connie Miller in Greece and Indonesia
14. Atlantic and the Gods of Ancient Greece Tour
15. Revitalise the feminine Energy of Kashmir
16. Wrekin Trust News
17. Yarning Circles
18. Margot Borden
19. Note from the Editor
www.eurotas2014.com and BOOK YOUR HOTEL BY 15th APRIL. We cordially invite you to participate in the XVIEUROTAS CONFERENCE in collaboration with the ATP (Association for Transpersonal Psychology) and the ITA (International Transpersonal Association). This event will take place at the Pilot Beach Resort, Georgioupolis on the island of Crete in Greece from 1st to 5th October 2014. Flights to Crete are filling up as the best time to visit Crete is in September and October, so make sure that you book your flights for the conference now and register for this historic event. The theme for the conference is Metamorphosis: Disintegration, Integration, Conscious Living. At the core of our transpersonal vision lies the idea of metamorphosis, the ability of individuals, cultures, and organizations to transcend the limited sphere of mind associated with the ego, and to live in ways that incorporate a richer and more interconnected consciousness. Metamorphosis teaches us of the progression through disintegration to reintegration, a lesson of immense importance in our day as systems collapse globally. Transpersonal Psychology brings together the profound lessons from mythic and mystical systems of thought with the rigor of psychological science to address these issues, and we have top key note speakers and excellent workshops and lectures. SYNTHESIS, the Greek Association is busy planning the conference which will officially begin on the 1st of October with speeches and a very powerful connection ritual with Ancient Greek Music and Myth. We will enter the space of the Ancient World, to walk through a tunnel in silence to the beach where fire, water, mountain and air await us. We set in motion the ancient ritual calling for protection and guidance, becoming attributes of the gods and goddesses ourselves. Thursday morning join the prayer circle on the beach, or balance body, mind and soul in yoga practice or enter the stillness of meditation outside, with the birds singing and the calm stillness of a Cretan Dawn. Every day the program will consist of two Key Note speakers and a panel discussion in the morning, and seven workshops running simultaneously in the afternoon in two blocks. This is a conference that will address the crucial issues of METAMORPHOSIS, the process of disintegration, integration and conscious living. The conference has been so designed as to balance the feminine and masculine and to bring the spirit of the Transpersonal to the land and its peoples. Pre conferences begin on the 27th and 28th of September, on the 29th & 30th. Post conferences are on the 6th and 6th & 7th of October. Our evening entertainment during this period will include a Cretan night with traditional dancing, the Soul of Europe, where you can perform something traditional to represent your country, Natural World Rituals and most of all, the sense of walking into the Mythos of Crete, greeting the divine Feminine and Masculine and experiencing the Transpersonal Perspective. REGISTER NOW AT www.eurotas2014.com With warm greetings, Lindy Lindy McMullin – President & SYNTHESIS Conference Committee
NOW!Brave organizers like Ingrida and Lydmilla tell me that very often EUROTAS participants wait till the last minute to reserve their flights and places. In Greece we have an extraordinary situation that requires extraordinary strategies Hotel accommodation needs to be booked by the 1st of May. No rooms will be available after this date. As Greece’s economy is reliant on TOURISM, hotel bookings need to be done in advance. Please let your local members know they need to book accommodation now. It is a wonderful award winning hotel! Love and light As always Lindy firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com mob. 00371 29528591 There were three panels at Sofia – here is the education panel. Photograph by Arielle Rames, from Sofia Univerity (USA) Summary of the EUROTAS Board Meeting in San Ramon, California, USA February 5 & 6, 2014 The board of directors met at the home of Steven Schmitz in San Ramon, California, USA. Board members present were: Bernadette Blin, Jure Biechonski, Pier Luigi Lattuada, Steven Schmitz, Ingrida Indane, Jaume Mestres, Magda Sole, Vladimir Maykov, Regina Hess, and Giovanna Calabrese. Gennady Brevde and Lyudmila Scortesca were absent. The EUROTAS website now has 59 Professional members from 19 countries listed with their contact information as a resource for people seeking psychotherapeutic help. These professional members are also EUROTAS Certified Transpersonal Psychotherapists. Our association continues to grow. The board members worked on several issues: (1) Regina Hess and Jure Biechonski will develop criteria for online psychotherapy supervisors as a resource provided by EUROTAS; (2) Jure Biechonski will develop the EUROTAS Division of Transpersonal Education (EDTE) as a resource for people wanting to develop a transpersonal institute in Europe; (3) the charter for the EUROTAS Division of Transpersonal Research (EDTR) was reviewed and approved; (4) Pier Luigi will organize an EUROTAS Summer Festival in Milan for June, 2015, in place of the annual conference; (4) the EUROTAS Society for Transpersonal Psychotherapy (ESTP) will have different sections of transpersonal training programs starting with Transpersonal Breathwork supported by Vladimir Maykov, Bernadette Blin, and Ingo Jahrsetz; (5) we discussed ideas with Lindy McMullin over Skype about how to support Synthesis and the next EUROTAS Conference that will be in Crete, Greece, from October 1 to 5; (6) Jaume Mestres is now the new head of EUROTAS Transpersonal Media Marketing (ETMM) with help from Steven Schmitz and Regina Hess; (7) we discussed a new look for the EUROTAS website developed by Lyudmila Scortesca and her team; and (8) Steven Schmitz presented about the 2014 Global Transpersonal Symposium (California, USA) that was the first of several collaborative efforts between EUROTAS, the Association for Transpersonal Psychology (ATP), and the International Transpersonal Association (ITA). Many thanks to Dr. Vladimir Maykov, for the excellent recording of this event. Love, Steven www.transpersonaljournal.com https://www.facebook.com/journaltranspersonalresearch?fref=ts firstname.lastname@example.org (for participants from the Baltic countries) +7 911 216 3563 email@example.com (for participants from Russia) www.transpersonal.lt www.consciousness-exploration.org http://www.eurotas2014.com/en/ to share our works, dreams and ideas. We wants let the human kind to know that we are alive and full of good energy to better our world. During the conference we will have the chance to set up our further step, the First EUROTAS Transpersonal Festival that we’ll be held in Milan on July 2015. “Feeding the Planet” is the title of the 2015 Expo edition, the universal exposition, which will take place in Milan from May to October 2015. EUROTAS through this first edition of the Milan Transpersonal Festival titled “Feeding the Soul” wishes to open a window on the “forgotten side”, the aspect of listening, void, silence, of inner experience, and of awareness, states of consciousness, of the primordial forces of nature, of the sacredness of the living and of the spiritual yearning that animates all its expressions. The middle part of the festival, from the 18th to the 21st of June 2015, will see the participation of professionals of helping relationships (doctors, psychiatrists, psychotherapists, psychologists, counselors, etc.) side by side with the depositaries of spiritual traditions (shamans, monks, ministers), anthropologists, philosophers, sociologists, journalists, artists of various nature (theatre, cinema, dance, figurative arts) and musicians. Round tables, reports, workshops, reviews, exhibitions and performances will share as a common element the different expressions of the human soul which identify in the Culture of Sharing, compassion and dialogue, between science and religion, ancient and modern traditions, pre-moral and moral, rational and ecstatic, atheist and religious, oriental and western, confessional and un-denominational. Events open to the general public throughout the city will characterize the entire week previous to the four final days. Pier Luigi Lattuada www.souldrama.com or contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org Bali, Indonesia: October 27-31, 2014 she will be presenting and teaching Souldrama in Bali, Indonesia in conjunction with the University of Indonesia. All are welcome! Join us! email@example.com; +79112163563, firstname.lastname@example.org Info: www.wholeworld.ru
- a focus for the emerging spiritual and ecological world view
- support for a national network of spiritual cafes, groups and individuals
- provided opportunities for people to come together to explore spiritual and personal development in an open and supportive way
- facilitated workshops and events for experiential, informal and formal learning
- fellowship and exploration of common themes
No. 71 - 01-11-2013
No. 71 - 01-11-2013
1 November 2013Board of Administrators: President Bernadette Blin, Jure Biechonski, Pier Luigi Lattuada, Gennady Brevde, Ingrida Indane, Jaume Mestres, Magda Solé, Steven Schmitz, Lyudmila Scortesca, Giovanna Calabrese, Vladimir Maykov, Regina Hess. Newsletter Editor: John Drew Contents Summary of Contents
1. A Letter from our President
2. The XV EUROTAS Conference Moldova September 2013
3. The XVl EUROTAS Conference Crete, Greece in October 2014
4. Farewell to Barbara Somers who with Ian Gordon Brown played a pivotal role in the Transpersonal in Europe
5. EUROTAS Board Meeting, September 2013
6. Who’s Who in EUROTAS
7. Jure Biechonski our Vice- President from from Estonia
8. Pier Luigi Lattuada our Vice- President from Italy
9. Accompanied Inner Communication – Martine Garcin- Fradet, France
10. Spiritual Intelligence Seminar – from Connie Miller
11. From Russia with Love
12. New book by Serge Beddington – Behrens
13. The Wiley Blackwell Handbook of Transpersonal Psychology
14. A Note from the Editorwww.eurotas2013.com For information on viewing video materials, we will inform you soon. Dear Friends & Colleagues, Conference invitation and call for proposals We cordially invite you to participate in the 16th EUROTAS CONFERENCE in collaboration with the ATP (Association for Transpersonal Psychology) and the ITA (International Transpersonal Association). This event will take place at the Pilot Beach Resort, Georgioupolis on the island of Crete in Greece from 1st to 5th October 2014. The theme for the conference is Metamorphosis: Disintegration, Integration, Conscious Living. At the core of our transpersonal vision lies the idea of metamorphosis, the ability of individuals, cultures, and organizations to transcend the limited sphere of mind associated with the ego, and to live in ways that incorporate a richer and more interconnected consciousness. Metamorphosis teaches us of the progression through disintegration to reintegration, a lesson of immense importance in our day as systems collapse globally. Transpersonal Psychology brings together the profound lessons from mythic and mystical systems of thought with the rigor of psychological science to address these issues. We are interested in a multi-disciplinary global collaboration that explores the best of research, scholarship, education, and practice having a transpersonal orientation. We invite academics, psychotherapists, educationalists, and other specialists to submit presentations related in the broadest sense to the theme of metamorphosis. We welcome proposals for all appropriate forms of presentation, including research-based papers, workshops, multi-media events, posters, etc. Criteria for selection Those who would wish to present at the conference are asked to reflect on the following:
- How do you think those attending your session would benefit from your presentation?
- What is it about your topic that is compelling to you, and in what ways is it important to the human species as a whole and the transpersonal perspective?
- Why would you accept this proposal?
- Theme and topicality. It should be clear how the proposed presentation relates to the conference theme, and that it reflects recent developments in the Transpersonal Field.
- Originality. Presentations will be expected to bring something new and/or innovative to the conference.
- Quality. Depending on the specific approach of the presentation, the proposal will be scrutinized for quality according to the criteria appropriate to the topic. Thus, where scientific research is being presented, the presentation should adhere to conventions regarding rigor and objectivity; If the presentation relates to therapeutic practice, the committee would want to know that you have the requisite skills and experience; In areas related to the Arts, indications of standards relating to performance or scholarship will be examined; etc.
4. Farewell to Barbara Somers who with Ian Gordon Brown played a pivotal role in the Transpersonal in EuropeBarbara was commemorated by a large number of Transpersonal people in an atmosphere of love, gratitude and laughter, mixed with the occasional tear. On September 29, Transpersonal Perspectives commemorated the life and achievement of Barbara Somers, who died in August 2013, with a meeting of friends, colleagues and former students and workshop attendees in London. The following text, from a commemorative leaflet produced for the occasion, sums up the life’s work of a remarkable woman who played a pivotal role in introducing Transpersonal Psychology in the UK: Celebrating Barbara’s life and achievement needs a broad palette. She was a remarkable person: wise, with a deep quality of stillness and compassion, and a finely honed mind capable of highly original thinking. As a therapist, her blend of intuition, empathy and objectivity brought remarkable results. As a teacher, she knew how to involve her listeners in a journey of exploration and discovery; what she had to say on a multitude of subjects was of equal value to professionals and lay students. And the Transpersonal Workshop series, which she created with Ian Gordon-Brown, transformed many lives over the years. At the same time Barbara had a delicious sense of humour and an irreverent sense of the absurd that quickly punctured any kind of pomposity or fake authority. As a private person she was equally interested in bookshops and dress shops, enjoyed good food, cooking and crafts, and was a wonderful friend. Ill health had kept her in seclusion for the last thirteen years. Now she’s gone, but she remains a living presence to all who were lucky enough to know her, and her work also lives on, thanks to Hazel Marshall’s saving and presenting it in a series of wonderful books. Indeed, we have plenty to celebrate here today. Beata Bishop email@example.com President (France) Biechonski Jure firstname.lastname@example.org Vice President (Estonia) Lattuada Pier Luigi email@example.com Vice President (Italy) Mestres Jaume firstname.lastname@example.org Treasurer (Catalonia) Schmitz Steven email@example.com Secretary (US) Indane Ingrida firstname.lastname@example.org Executive Director (Latvia) Brevde Gennady email@example.com (Russia) Scortescu Lyudmila firstname.lastname@example.org (Moldova) Sole Magda email@example.com (Catalonia) Giovanna Calabrese firstname.lastname@example.org (Italy) Maykov Vladimir email@example.com (Russia) Regina Hess firstname.lastname@example.org (Germany) EUROTAS Executive Committee Executive committee meets through skype meetings, if any urgent problems must be solved or immediate decisions taken between the Board meetings. Blin Bernadette email@example.com President (France) Biechonski Jure firstname.lastname@example.org Vice President (Estonia) Lattuada Pier Luigi email@example.com Vice President (Italy) Mestres Jaume firstname.lastname@example.org Treasurer (Catalonia) Schmitz Steven email@example.com Secretary (US) Indane Ingrida firstname.lastname@example.org Executive Director (Latvia) ECCA (EUROTAS Committee for Certification and Accreditation) Blin Bernadette email@example.com Biechonski Jure firstname.lastname@example.org Brevde Gennady email@example.com Indane Ingrida firstname.lastname@example.org Sole Magda email@example.com
- Twinnings: working together to create a high sinergy community for common projects in education and teaching.
- Epistemology: collecting new proposals in science by intuitive inquiry ermeneutic inquiry, essential science, first person science, second attention epistemology, and so on. Reading them, discussing them and writing about them in the Integral Transpersonal Journal (ITJ).
- Researching: supporting EDTR and their projects
- EAP: restarting soon the process for EAP application.
- Accreditation criteria: collaborating with EDTR to work for more rigorous criteria to accreditate institutions, professional and transpersonal methodology. respecting EAP requirements.
- State of the art: creating a transpersonal data base of universities, institutes and training schools which are transpersonally oriented, apply transpersonal methodologies, have professors teaching transpersonal approaches and including centres, journals and referencing articles.
No. 70 - 10-08-2013
No. 70 - 10-08-2013
10 August 2013Board of Administrators: President Ingo B. Jahrsetz, Bernadette Blin-Lery, Jure Biechonski, Gennady Brevde, Dietrich Franke, Ingrida Indane, Pier Luigi Lattuada, Jaume Mestres, Magda Solé, Steven Schmitz, Lyudmila Scortesca. Newsletter Editor: John Drew Contents Summary of Contents
1. A Letter from our President
2. 15th EUROTAS Conference Moldova September 2013
3. Supervision for Certification
4. General Assembly of EUROTAS 18 September 2013
5. Latvia cooperation with Sophia University
8. Italy: Transpersonal Psychotherapy Training
9. Italy: The Integral Transpersonal Journal
10. News from Greece
11. 4th Transpersonal Summer Academy in Latvia
12. News from Serge Beddington – Behrens Ph.D
13. Humanistic Psychology – John Rowan
14. Note from Professor Gabrielle Pelicci
15. Germany: Sylvester Walch
16. Spain: Manuel Almendro
17. A Note from the Editortranspersonal@fastwebnet.it). In 2012 the EUROTAS Division of Transpersonal Research (EDTR) was founded. This division studies, collects and edits the research of the different national associations which dates from the early 1980’s and continues to the current moment. Spirituality. Transpersonal psychology is an integration of modern Western psychology and the wisdom of the old spiritual traditions. It doesn’t have to do anything with religion and still less with the New Age movement. Its spirituality is based on self-exploration, on experience, and on the participation in the wisdom of the mystics all over the world, in the understanding of shamanic healing processes, and the realization of world spiritual traditions core understanding of modern life. “Awakening is something which takes place at the main-train-station of a big, metropolis”says the German Zen master and Benedictine priest. Willigis Jäger. Community-sense. EUROTAS gives space for professional, personal and spiritual exchange. Among professionals there is a growing demand to be part of a process which makes room for personal and contacts, challenges and spiritual growth. The annual conferences of EUROTAS have been dedicated to this purpose now for many years. The vision is of a network of regional EUROTAS groups working with others using modern technology. Other information EUROTAS had the opportunity to present itself at the last Euroasian EAP (European Association for Psychotherapy) conference July 2013 inMoscow. Gennady Brevde, Ingo and Christiane Jahrsetz, Pier Luigi and Mela Lattuada, and Vladimir Maykov offered workshops and gave keynote talks at the conference. A meeting was arranged between members of the EUROTAS board and its president and senior EAP people. It was a powerful meeting with hopefully promising results for the membership of EUROTAS within EAP and probably the World Council of Psychotherapy (WCP). The recent EUROTAS board meeting took place inParisJune 2013. It was a meeting about solidifying EUROTAS business finances and the optimization of the executive board work. For many years, the members of the EUROTAS board had to pay the sometimes considerable expenses (travel and board) of their meetings from their own pocket. Now we ask for support: new ideas to finance this important work with donations. The public presentation of EUROTAS in the internet is seen of paramount importance. To create and maintain a more living, a more attractive website requires a journalist team in the background. We ask our members for support. People with experiences who want to help should contact Ingrida Indane at the Eurotas office firstname.lastname@example.org . A kind invitation and warm welcome from the President to the next EUROTAS conference inMoldova. Again you’ll be participating at a conference with outstanding presentations and workshops under the heading of “HUMAN POTENTIAL, EDUCATION, and CONSCIOUSNESS EVOLUTION. The conference has been carefully prepared by Lyudmila Scortesca and her team and takes place in the lovely surroundings of the ancient city Chisinau. Dates : Sept. 18-22. Further details on www.eurotas2013.com/en . The EUROTAS Board kindly invites you to the General Assembly which takes place in Chisinau, at the Hotel Codru, Sept. 18 from 15-19 h. One agenda item I will mention is the change of presidency and of board members. Ingo B. Jahrsetz will resign as a president and as board member. A possible successor will be Bernadette Blin,Paris. The complete agenda has been sent to members of EUROTAS. With warm summer-greetings from Freiburg/Germany Ingo B. Jahrsetz email@example.com We invite you to register and come join us for this consciousness-expanding conference of Global Knowledge Sharing. For more information about the Conference and for registration, please go to: http://www.eurotas2013.com/. The website can be viewed in both Russian and English
- Supervision is a discussion of a case study about patients with a more experienced psychotherapist, who is working in the field of transpersonal or humanistic psychotherapy.
- Supervision includes discussions about the therapeutical process, psychopathology, borders, contract, payment, etc.
- Each psychotherapist must be supervised beginning from when he/she starts to receive clients, which means even during his/her studies. The applicant will apply for the EUROTAS Certification only after having the required number of hours. The confirmation of supervision hours during the study process in an University or an Institute are valid and can be included in the documents for Certification.
- Intervision is a discussion about case studies and professional practice with a group of colleagues (peers). In some countries it is called co-vision or peer-supervision.
- Each psychotherapist has to be supervised or intervised all his/her professional life. This is a requirement for keeping EUROTAS certification.
July 18, 2013Dear members of EUROTAS, We kindly invite you to participate in the General Assembly of EUROTAS, which will take place inMoldova, Chisinau, Hotel Codru, September 18, 2013, 15:00-19:00. Agenda of the GA
- Welcome by the President of EUROTAS;
- Report of past year in EUROTAS;
- Report of this last year’s contribution from each of the Board Members;
- Financial Report and projected budget;
- Introduction of the current Delegates;
- Presentation of the New Members who have applied for EUROTAS membership and been reviewed;
- Proposals for the new President, new Board members and their duties;
- Presentation of people and organizations who are interested in becoming members;
- Planning – from present to the future;
- Membership – proposals for conference EUROTAS 2014
- Any other business
The French Group of research in transpersonal therapies
THE BUILDERS’ CORNER – (Le coin des batisseurs)Since its creation the GRETT has undertaken to promote research and the practise of transpersonal therapies. In this column, we inform you of recent progress and on-going projects. Once again, the GRETT annual forum has fully satisfied its participants. Despite having to find our feet quickly when it came to installing the exhibition of Catherine Cluzel-Buron, Jean-Marc Buron andJacques Bardot, the bet we placed on meeting inside thePariswalls was a winning ticket. Both the participants and the audience were glad to benefit from an intimate space easily accessible by public transport. We would like to take the opportunity of this article to congratulate once again Christine Corade on her negotiation work. The tale and music evening animated by Muriel Rojas Zamudio, Arno Pellerin and Anne Fischler was the mirror of the exhibition organised by Mimi l’Eveque and confirmed what was obvious: artistic expression is a fully fledged member of the transpersonal therapy family. We must not forget to invite it to our annual celebration. The General Assembly was placed under the sign of participation. Whereas the Colibri and Indignado movements called upon citizens to shape society as they would like it, the board of directors of GRETT took stock of their actions: we should organise ourselves differently, confederate our local groups (the embassy network) in order to become more efficient! But what do our members want? What is the purpose of GRETT? Which tools should we develop to best transmit our message? How should we develop our research section? How can we make known our transpersonal movement professionally? In order to answer these questions a number of work groups were set up. We will keep you up-dated on their progress through this column. If you would like to promote GRETT through your workplace or your professional network please contact Muriel Rojas Zamudio (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sandrine Michoud (Sandrine.email@example.com). The board of directors has grown and been restructured, so we take this occasion to welcome Christine Laurient, Didier Simonot, Eleonore Lavielle, Micheline Buffard, Michel Protopopoff, Jeanne Walter and Sandrine Pousseau. Thanks also to Evelyne Derriennic who proposes to relay all information toParis. Consequently, here is an update of the workstations: Do you want to make your activities known through ATHANOR? From now on please send your information to François Nicoleau (firstname.lastname@example.org). Do you want to propose your artistic work or that of a friend in the “P’tit Synodies” or at the Forum? Please contact Mimi L’Evêque (email@example.com) Do you want to propose a partnership to GRETT or write for the Speaking Rod, “Le baton de parole” of the “P’tit Synodies”? Write to Muriel Rojas Zamudio (firstname.lastname@example.org). Articles can be send in French, English or Spanish. Would you like to know more about the GRETT embassy network? From now on it’s Sandrine Michoud who drives the project. (Sandrine.email@example.com). Would you like to propose a conference subject or a speaker? Take this up with Didier Simonot (Didier.firstname.lastname@example.org). We wish you all great holidays. www.integraltranspersonal.com P. L. Lattuada It has been a long time since you have received news from me. I want to let you know that I have just written a book which comes out in September and which represents the fruits of my thinking over the past two decades. It is called ‘AWAKENING THE UNIVERSAL HEART; A GUIDE FOR SPIRITUAL ACTIVISTS. ’ All proceeds from the sale of this book will be used to start the Institute for Spiritual Activism, the creation of which has been dear to my heart for many years. This institute will have an information centre, put on lectures, retreats and seminars from well known activists, and support individuals, couples, groups and, very important, corporations, to awaken their higher human potential and amplify their capacity to become increasingly potent forces for change in the world.
2. Ausgabe, Juli 2013
Liebe Leute,einen herzlichen Gruß an Sie alle, die sich für denNewsletter von Sylvester Walch interessieren. Er soll dazu dienen, Sie über meine neuesten Aktivitäten zu informieren. Weitergehende Informationen finden Sie auf meiner Homepage. http://www.transpersonalstudies.org/ImagesRepository/ijts/Downloads/Almendro%20&%20Weber.pdf Sincerely Teresa Oxigeme secretary And Manuel Almendro Doctor in Psychology. Psychologist specialist in clinical psychology Member of EFPA (European federation of psychology association) Registered Euro Psy Psychologist and specialist in psychotherapy. Director of Oxigeme. Center for a Psychology of Consciousness Phs. 34 91 445 65 65 Madrid. 34 679 10 86 14. Barcelona. Spain. www.oxigeme.com email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you and with best wishes As ever John
No. 69 - 03-03-2013
No. 69 - 03-03-2013
1. A Letter from our President
2. A Note from the Editor
3. XV EUROTAS Conference Moldova 19-22 September
4. International Institute for Consciousness Symposium
5. About your Board – Lyudmila Scortesca
6. 12th GRETT Forum in Paris 22-24 March
7. EUROTAS Newsletter: A Note from the Director
8. The First Transpersonal University
9. Second TP Conference of Baltic Countries, 20-21 April
10. Transpersonal Perspectives 22-24 March 2013
11. A note from Professor Gabrielle Pelicci
12. Fausto Sergej’s views on EUROTAS
13. The Wisdom Conference – Steven Schmitz
14. John Rowan on the New Transpersonal
15. First United Eurasian Congress – Gennady Brevde
16. Information about the International Institute of Consciousness
17. Contemplative Fire Workshop
18. Last Words
- The XV EUROTAS conference “Human Potential, Education, and Consciousness Evolution” in Chisinau, Moldova, 19-22 September 2013. The conference is organized by the Moldavian Transpersonal Association which this year celebrates its Tenth anniversary . The Director is Lyudmila Scortesca.
- Accredited Institutes : now we have six EUROTAS accredited Training Institutes.
- Twinning of Training Institutes: Now we have seven Eurotas Organizational Members that signed an agreement with the intent to cooperate – to share scientific documentation, create common projects and help each other to strengthen their work. We will exchange students and teachers with the intention to realize the vision of an European Training Institute for Transpersonal Psychotherapy.
- A high level research-group in transpersonal psychology and psychotherapy was initiated by Giovanna Calabrese, Regina Hess, Lindy McMullin, and Rona Newmark and has started its work. Contact: email@example.com
- The Integral Journal of Transpersonal Psychology. Subscriptions and high quality articles are highly welcomed. firstname.lastname@example.org
- As an expansion of the ECCA or as foundation of a new committee, there is a need to validate and accredit new transpersonal psychotherapeutic methods. These methods have to fulfill the high standards which are the basis of the certification of our therapists and the accreditation of institutes. We feel that this is an highly important theme, and we working on it.
- A new philosophical department of EUROTAS, initiated by Tatjana Ginsburg. Gennady Brevde email@example.com is working on its structure. Ideas and proposals for networking are welcomed.
- Ongoing work on the structure of EUROTASFor two months now, EUROTAS has an Executive Director (Ingrida Indane). She is doing all the administrative work for EUROTAS and coordinates the current projects. For all Board Members this seemed to be an extremely valuable step because it creates a clear structure and assures that ideas, projects, decisions, plans and words become realized actions.
The 15th European Conference of Transpersonal Psychology will be at
Chisinau, Moldova, September 19-22, 2013.
“Human Potential, Education, and Consciousness Evolution”Global Knowledge Sharing The mission of the 15th EUROTAS conference is to share the knowledge we have gained about human potential and consciousness evolution from years of practice and research in Transpersonal Studies and to inform educational systems how to encourage individual and societal transformation for future generations. We invite international multi-disciplinary presentations from scholars, researchers, and practitioners in the fields of psychology, sociology, education, anthropology, and consciousness studies. Call for Proposals from presenters and registration for attendees will start on January 20, 2013. Please go to the registration link on the 2013 EUROTAS Conference website at: www.eurotas2013.com Dear Friends, We will be glad to welcome you to the 15th EUROTAS International Conference which will take place in Moldova, Chisinau, 19-22 September, 2013. The themes of the Conference reflect the most important issues of our time “HUMAN POTENTIAL, EDUCATION, AND CONSCIOUSNESS EVOLUTION.” Our life in the modern world is too materialistic and rationalized, there is a separation between body and mind, matter and spirit, subject and object. Transpersonal vision according to the ancient wisdom recognizes that this separation is just an illusion. Over 300 participants from the Germany, France, Italy, England, Spain, Russia, Portugal, Australia, Argentina, South Africa and the U.S. will share their knowledge on the development of human potential and consciousness evolution and discuss the transpersonal theme of educating the whole person and nurturing mind, body, emotions, creativity, social relations, and spirit in the in the educational process. At the Conference a variety of methods and practices will be presented together with discussions and workshops in the fields of psychology, education, philosophy, sociology, anthropology, art and health. Do not miss this unique event, which will take place on 19-22 September, 2013 at the hotels “Codru” and “Jolly Alon”. Welcome to the world of exciting possibilities! The greatest source of a nation is the potential of its people. For more information please visit the website at: http://www.eurotas2013.com/en/
The International Institute for Consciousness-Exploration and Psychotherapy e.V. Freiburg / Germany
Invites you to its second
Symposium- “Living – now!”
2013, June 22nd in St. Peter near Freiburg / Germany.www.consciousness-exploration.org Dear friends, the Institute for Consciousness Exploration and Psychotherapy Freiburg invites you to its second symposium. It will take place on the 22nd of June 2013, at the “Geistliches Zentrum”, the former abbey of St. Peter’s in the Black Forest. “Living – now” accentuates the enormous significance of the present moment in the course of the individual art of living. Past and future, the individual, the collective, and the eternal are crystallized in the present moment. By consciously perceiving the present moment, body, soul, and spirit melt into each other. All human problems, as well as their solutions, are contained in the present moment – a knowledge which is characteristic of all new therapy approaches. “Living now” is a basic experience for Ingo B. Jahrsetz, one of the founders of our institute. He will be 70 soon and wants to celebrate his birthday in the framework of this symposium. We’d be very happy to see you in St. Peter and would ask you to register as soon as possible. St. Peter is a tourist region. We recommend you to book a room early, if you need one. Freiburg / Germany 3/14/2013 Ingo B. Jahrsetz, Rainer Pervöltz, Jaya Herbst
you who picks us up, makes us vertical and structures us,
who gives us form, force and vital, intense joy in life as it springs forth
as well as the wonderful adventure of knowledge”.Today the Masculine is to be honoured, to be woken up perhaps… to be allowed to express itself in any case. Groups of conscious men exist who share their life experience and make their way between men … for an expression other than that given by the traditional social and professional roles, through an expression of the soul. The MASCULINE which initiates life, turns intention and thoughts into action. The MASCULINE which allows to differentiate, which allows the child, little by little, to leave the initial Feminine, to discover other shores and to encounter other tribes; The MASCULINE which slices with his sword and protects with his shield. The MASCULINE which structures and organises the community’s activities. Inside each of us there is this Masculine force, whether we are men or women, how can we recognise this, accept it, nourish it, make it grow, tame it? How can this mysterious difference within us be fully respected and canalised for the better of the world? This difference is fertile, alive, whenever masculine and feminine have sufficient space for both to exist. Let us be initiated to that through these few days in Paris …. Conferences, round tables especially open to exchange between participants and speakers; each day the possibility of choosing amongst 4 suggested workshops. Please be aware that this forum is in French! You can find more information on: http://grettforum2011.perso.sfr.fr/plaquetteForum2013P.firstname.lastname@example.org You can find previous Newsletters on EUROTAS web: www.eurotas.com We will remind you of this few times a year. LET US BE ACTIVE AND COOPERATE! With Love and hope for active cooperation, Ingrida Indane, EUROTAS executive directorwww.sofia.edu www.sesame-institute.org www.marysmailsoulworks.co.uk www.wisdom2conference.com
THE NEW TRANSPERSONALThe transpersonal is the land of creativity, of playfulness, of no boundaries, of no restrictions, of endless joy. It is full of imagery, guided fantasies, unguided fantasies, sudden leaps, unpredictable discoveries. It is the most fun of any approach to coaching, counseling or psychotherapy. That is why I love it. Until recently, the problem with using the transpersonal in coaching, counseling and psychotherapy has been the perceived difficulty in accessing transpersonal states of consciousness. To enter the Subtle or Causal state, to access the Bhakti or Jnana mode of being, seemed to require years of meditation and commitment to severe forms of discipline. Two events have changed all this. Firstly the discovery of the Wilber/Combs Lattice, which shows theoretically that anyone at any stage of personal development can have a real experience of these mystical states of consciousness; and secondly the discovery of the Big Mind process of Dennis Genpo Merzel, which showed that anyone at any stage of personal development can actually and practically enter these states for short periods of time. This also applies to the Nondual state of consciousness, and we shall be exploring this too. It also ties in very well with dialogical self theory, which avoids words like ‘subpersonalities’ (which are not really suitable) and speaks instead of I-positions. This means that within the confines of a workshop, given the necessary pointing out instructions, it is possible to find within oneself the mystical states of being which go far beyond everyday consciousness, and which have been talked about in the ancient traditions for hundreds of years. And indeed to use them in a short session with a client, getting a real sense of what this is like. John Rowan has been studying these new ideas for ten years now, and has been using them in his own work in several countries in Europe, but this is the first time that they have been launched fully in the form of a Masterclass. Participants will find themselves embarking on a journey which may be quite new for them, and there is no restriction on who may take part. This is something which makes accessible to any well-functioning practitioner the latest work in the transpersonal area, and this can be really exciting for all concerned. There will be handouts and a booklist, a paper on third tier thinking, and a CPD certificate to take away. ……………………………………………………………………………………………………… John Rowan has been exploring these ideas since 2003, and has written several papers with detailed arguments which have been published. He is a Fellow of the British Psychological Society, of the British Association for Counseling and Psychotherapy, and of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy. He has been meditating every morning since 1982, achieving kensho and other known landmarks of the practice. His latest book is ‘Personification’ http://eurasian-psychotherapy.com/cat/registration.html, fill in all required forms, register yourself and interact with Pavel Okaev at email@example.com. If you have questions or proposals, feel free to contact Gennady. We are looking forward to hearing from you and to meet you in Moscow. firstname.lastname@example.org http://bewusstseinserforschung.de/ http://consciousnessexploration.org
Margaret Silf, writer and spiritual guide, leads:
‘Just Call Me Lopez’: A Story of Imperfection & Grace
A Contemplative Fire weekend workshop retreat on Ignatius Loyola
at Whirlow Grange Conference and Spirituality Centre, Sheffield, S11 9RX (for sat navs)
Friday 31st May—Sunday 2nd June 2013Cost £12 Fri eve only; Weekend including Friday evening: £180 residential/£130 non-residential During this weekend we will explore some aspects of the story of Ignatius Loyola (‘Lopez’) – a very flawed individual who was radically open to the flow of divine grace, and became a guide for many. We will take a fresh look at Ignatius’ story, and connect its flow with the movements of our own lives and hearts, encouraging us to discover the story of God’s grace active in our own imperfection. Philip Roderick will host the weekend and facilitate reflective space and worship. The weekend starts with supper, Friday 6pm (for residents) and evening session for all at 7.30pm. Beginning with a walk through some of the main movements of Ignatius’ early life, then meeting the motherless child; the renegade teenager; the flamboyant courtier; the stubborn and arrogant soldier; the defeated warrior; the disgruntled convalescent and the frustrated day-dreamer, and God’s presence to all of these. During the rest of the weekend, we will reflect more fully on
- the experience of disappointment, failure and despair. and how we might respond to them more creatively
- the possibility of mystical experience, and the extraordinary grace that dwells in the heart of ordinary experience.
- the struggle with tensions, seeking the grace, in Ignatius’ words, of ‘tuning the human instrument to God’.
No. 68 - 17-11-2012
No. 68 - 17-11-2012
1. A Letter from our President
2. A Note from the Editor
3. EUROTAS Transpersonal Conference in Latvia, 20-23 September 2012
4. IRETT in France – Bernadette Blin
5. News from Estonia – Jure Biechonski
6. Integral Transpersonal Journal –news from the Director
7. A Resolution for further discussion
8. Information about the International Institute of Consciousness Exploration and Psychotherapy. Freiburg / Germany
9. Transpersonal Psychotherapy Training, Milan, Italy
10. IRETT The Silk Road 17-28 May 2013/ Stan Groff in Paris?
11. “Somewhere over the Rainbow” – from Regina Hess
12. EUROTAS Conference in 2013 in Moldova – Lyudmila Scortesca.
13. Transpersonal Perspectives Autumn Gathering
14. The GRETT Professional College
15. Last Wordsprofdrew@eurotas.org. What is new – in future the newsletter will be edited three times the year at fixed dates in October, February and June. This year again it was possible that the EUROTAS Board was able to meet three times – twice in Riga and once in Vienna. The main subjects we discussed were:
- the powerful creative and mystic EUROTAS conference in Latvia this September. Thank you once more Ingrida Indane and your team for this work. The conference discussed a resolution which also is published in this Newsletter.
- EUROTAS next conferences: 2013 in Moldavia. September 19 to 22, 2013. The Human Potential, Education, and Consciousness Evolution. (Lyudmila Scortesca and her team)
- 2014 in Crete / Greece. October 2 to 5, 2014. Metamorphosis. (Lindy McMullin and her team)
- ITJ Integral Transpersonal journal. The official journal of EUROTAS. Discussion how to improve it and the collaboration with JTR – online Journal Transpersonal Research edited by Roman Gonzalvo
- Daisy.net – the online teaching and listening facility. (Lyudmila Scortesca).
- The improvement of the EUROTAS constitution and its ratification by the General Assembly in Riga Sept. 2012.
- The discussion around a professional psychotherapeutic branch of EUROTAS and its application for membership of EAP. It was a big disappointment for us that our application in June was rejected. We see this as a challenge to make more visible the professional psychotherapeutic potential within our association.
- Our working group ECCA was able to certify according to EUROTAS criteria several transpersonal psychotherapists and to accredit three more EUROTAS training institutes. There are now 4 four EUROTAS accredited training institutes of transpersonal psychotherapy: Austria. The Austrian Association for Transpersonal Psychology and Psychotherapy. www.transpersonal.at France. Institute Respiration et Therapie Transpersonel. (IRETT) www.irett.net Germany. International Institute of Consciousness-Exploration and Psychotherapy. (IBP) www.consciousness-exploration.org Estonia. TERVLINIK MINA OU www.hypnoteraapia.ee
- Due to the increasing amount of organizational tasks the EUROTAS-board decided to create the position of executive director. Ingrida Indane (Riga, Latvia) is prepared to take on this position. In cooperation with the EUROTAS Board and the President she will work out new ideas, search for sponsorship and take on organizational tasks. She also will be the head of the new EUROTAS Office which will move from Freiburg / Germany to Riga in November 2012. The address: Maskavas street 222c-1B, Riga, LV-1019; Latvia Phone nr.: 00371 67113233; mob.: 00371 29528591 email@example.com This move will be an important step to more professionalism and to a more effective coordination of the different EUROTAS activities. It also will be a financial challenge. To meet this challenge and to support the further growth and professionalism in EUROTAS we invite more individuals, professionals and organizations to become members of EUROTAS. All this means a lot of advantages – the best of them may be to become part of this international growing transpersonal community which brings together an authentic style of living, scientific rigor and research with different pure approaches to spirituality. Application forms can be obtained from: www.eurotas.org.
- We Recognize the value of the non-governmental sector’s growing responsibility and growing concern with the quality of life of the European nations.
- We invite integration of the progressive directions in the field of psychology.
- We express active support in the many professional circles in European countries, where transpersonal psychology and psychotherapy is still ignored or regarded as non-scientific and non-professional.
- We emphasize: – transpersonal psychology is a sub-sector of science, the basics of which are within traditional psychology and complement research in altered of states of mind, the meaning of life, a person’s boundaries of perception, and related phenomena; – transpersonal psychology seeks to find new research methods and study tools, with the view that innovative research cannot be successfully done using the research methods and study tools used in traditional research of consciousness; – transpersonal psychotherapy is a means of psychological health recovery, stabilization, and strengthening, as well as improving the quality of life; – transpersonal psychology reveals the creative and spiritual growth for clients/patients in a manner that is acceptable to them; – transpersonal psychology and psychotherapy acknowledges a client’s or patient’s religious beliefs, philosophical position, and creativity in his/her spiritual exploration using unarguable resources in his/her journey to restoring health and developing a well-balanced personality; – a transpersonal psychologist/psychotherapist is a certified specialist within the professional associations in Europe and the U.S.A. who works with an ethical approach, and has mastered the necessary knowledge, has received supervision, and is concerned for his/her further education and spiritual growth; – a transpersonal psychologist/psychotherapist operates beyond just one discipline and incorporates various psychological disciplines as well as philosophy, various scientific branches, social and cultural theories, health theories and practices, poetry, literature, art and various spiritual traditions. – only well-considered opinion by competent persons should be taken into account about the issues of transpersonal psychology and psychotherapy.
- Acceptance is requested that: – transpersonal psychology is oriented towards progress and innovation, and is equivalent to other recognized humanitarian research branches in Europe; – transpersonal psychology employs the most recent research in the field of psychology, and is a valued healthcare method alongside recognized medical models in Europe (EU); – it is essential to integrate transpersonal psychology and psychotherapy into European countries’ educational, research, and healthcare systems.
8. Information about the International Institute of Consciousness Exploration and Psychotherapy e.V. (IBP) Freiburg / GermanyFrom Rainer Pervöltz Dear friends, at the conference in Latvia, there were several people who asked questions regarding our institute; I would like, therefore, write a few lines to give you some basic information. When Ingo Jahrsetz and I started about five years ago to have ideas about a new training organisation, we both had in mind to create a centre – other than the Freiburg Transpersonal School before – which would have an international dimension. We wanted Freiburg/Germany to become a place, where we could invite trainers and students from other countries to be part of our training program and, at the same time, create an international network with other places. Now we are a team of 4 German trainers, and, next to us, there are six trainers from other European countries and the United States (see below). Our vision is to gradually enlarge our program so that students from abroad can come to Germany and engage in one of our trainings, and German students may travel to one of the other countries and subscribe there for courses which they might find interesting. All classes are part of the EUROTAS Training Certificate. At the moment, we offer two training courses here in Germany, one of two years and one of three. The two years program is called “Transpersonal Therapeutic Tools” and aims at teaching people how to do transpersonal psychotherapy in a very practical way. There are elements of Gestalt, Body Psychotherapy, Dream Body and Energy Work and aspects of how to run a “talking session” with a transpersonal background. Of course, this is transpersonal therapy as we understand it, there are different transpersonal roads that may lead to Rome. But hopefully, through the manifold discussions we have in EUROTAS, we will all come to a more basic, fundamental comprehension of our way of working, without neglecting the preciousness of our individual approaches. The 3 years training is a formation in Transpersonal Breathwork, Psychology of Consciousness and Spiritual Guidance. There is an intense part of self-exploration through Holotropic Breathwork, process-oriented systemic work, group-sharing and meditation. The theoretical part covers the essential knowledge of transpersonal psychotherapy, psychopathology, and selected knowledge of the old spiritual traditions. Transpersonal Breathwork also is taught as a technique and tool in process of psychotherapeutic growth and spiritual healing. Next to these two trainings there are other courses in Healing Work, Focusing, and different forms of Meditation and Awareness. Our first two training programs have started in Freiburg. Some of the trainers from abroad will join them and teach here. We are still developing ideas of how to become more of an international crew of both trainers and students. You are happily invited to join us in this adventure in whichever way you feel inclined to. Besides this the institute has a strong department in Eastern Europe (Eastern European Faculty). There are trainings in voice-dialogue and others. The EEF is led by Gennady Brevde. International Institute for Consciousness Exploration and Psychotherapy e.V. Freiburg / Germany Internationales Institut für Bewusstseinserforschung und Psychotherapie Freiburg e.V. (IBP) Directors: Ingo Jahrsetz and Rainer Pervöltz Trainers: Dietrich Franke (Germany) Jaya Herbst (Germany) Bernadette Blin (France) Ursula Gugelmann (Switzerland) Judith Miller (United States) Gennady Brevde and Sergei Strekalov (Russia) Vitor Rodrigues (Portugal) firstname.lastname@example.org http://bewusstseinserforschung.de http://consciousnessexploration.org Best wishes Rainer
- To produce graduates who possess advanced knowledge of transpersonal psychology and psychotherapy (Maslow, Grof, Wilber, Tart, Weil, etc.)
- To produce graduates who possess advanced knowledge of the principles and practices of Biotransenergetics, the Transpersonal discipline elaborated by Pier Luigi Lattuada
- To produce graduates who possess the skills and ability to apply the principles and practices of transpersonal psychology and Biotransenergetics to the Self-Realization, awakening of the spiritual nature in each individual, and of one’s most genuine human qualities.
- To produce graduates who possess the skills and ability to apply the principles and practices of transpersonal psychology and Biotransenergetics to psychotherapy, as well as clinical, spiritual and other helping professions.
- experiential training and personal integration of the principles and practices of transpersonal psychology and Biotransenergetics.
- The ability to engage in individual and groups transpersonal psychotherapy practice.
- The acquisition of skills and ability to apply transpersonal approach in families, communities, companies.
- Skills for providing leadership in advancing the field of transpersonal psychology.
- Growth of Self-Realization, awakening of the spiritual nature mindfulness, and, compassion.
Séminaire Les 10 et 11 Novembre 2012 à Paris
L’Expérience de la mort et du “mourir” Perspectives psychospirituelles et philosophiquesRencontre autour de la thanatologie, des anciens mystères de mort et renaissance, des EMI, de la recherche actuelle sur la conscience… Lire la suite Inscription ou plus d’informations au 01 30 37 17 31 Si vous ne voulez plus recevoir d’information de notre
A day on Ecopsychology with Jeremy BrooksSunday 4th November 2012 at Pax Lodge We are delighted that Jeremy is gifting us this day on Ecopsychology. A familiar face at our Perspectives gatherings Jez is our Treasurer and also the Secretary for the Centre for Transpersonal Psychology. He has recently started getting involved in Ecopsychology via a course at Re-Vision, which seems a natural extension of the transpersonal perspective. Whilst the transpersonal shifts our focus beyond the personal – be that to the collective unconscious, spiritual experience, or altered states of consciousness etc – Ecopsychology extends this further to include the non-human. We are asked to reflect on our relationship to the world, and even the cosmos
The GRETT Professional CollegeThe year 2003 saw the birth of GRETT, whose vocation is to structure and promote transpersonal therapies. Nine years later, this organisation is about to bring “the GRETT Professional College” into the world, a circle of practitioners motivated by research and the sharing of a vision. One of their first missions will be to work on a proposition in order to obtain formal approval ensuring it corresponds to the institutional criteria currently in effect.
Appeal for contributions Forum 2013.The GRETT forum 2013 will take place, for the first time, in Paris from 22nd to 23rd March. It will be made up, as each year, of conferences, round tables and workshops and the bookstore space will have for sale works from all the speakers who so wish. The theme will be the Initiatory Masculine, in reply to the Sacred Feminine which took place a few years ago. Today the Masculine is to be honoured, to be woken up perhaps… to be allowed to express itself in any case, through an expression other than that given by the traditional social and professional roles, through an expression of the soul. The Masculine which initiates life, turns intention and thoughts into action. The Masculine which allows to differentiate, which allows the child, little by little, to leave the initial Feminine, to discover other shores and to encounter other tribes … The Masculine which slices with his sword and protects with his shield. The Masculine which structures and organises the community’s activities. Inside each of us there is this Masculine force, whether we are men or women, how can we recognise this, accept it, nourish it, make it grow, tame it? Would you like to suggest a conference, participate at a round table, lead a workshop on a specific theme concerning the Initiatory Masculine? Please be kind enough to send your proposition (Word format, maximum 2 000 characters) to email@example.com, giving:
- Your surname and first name, telephone number, postal address, email address, web site
- The title and a presentation of your input (please indicate whether it is for a workshop, round table or conference)
- A brief description of your experience and your references.
No. 67 - 01-08-2012
No. 67 - 01-08-2012
1. A Letter from our President
2. A Note from the Editor
3. EUROTAS Transpersonal Conference in Latvia, 20-23 September 2012
4. M.Sc in Consciousness and Transpersonal Studies
5. First Transpersonal Conference of the Baltic Countries
6. News from France – IRETT Autumn Programmes
7. U.K. News from The Wrekin Trust
8. News from Vladimir Maikov
9. News from The Transpersonal Section of the British Psychological Association
10. News from Findhorn
11. Last Words
- We ask all national associations who are not members until now to apply for a membership.
- We ask transpersonal oriented professionals to become a member.
- We ask transpersonal educated and working psychotherapists to apply for the EUROTAS certification and become members.
- We ask transpersonal working schools and training institutes in Transpersonal Psychology and Psychotherapy to apply for accreditation and become members.
- Vitor Rodrigues “Regression Therapy”, September 24-25, in Riga.
- Steven Schmitz and Pier Luigi Lattuada “Shamanic Workshop”, September 24-25 is planned in a hostel near Augstroze Lake in Vidzeme.
- provide an invaluable investment in the transpersonal movement and in the scientific understanding of Transpersonal Psychology
- strengthen the conviction that spirituality and creativity is an integral part of contemporary life.
- What do we all have in common as a world community?
- What is distinctive in our cultural needs?
- How can we speak about spirituality and creativity, while retaining a scientific approach to these phenomena?
- What is the mission of Transpersonal Psychology in everyday life and today’s culture?
- What is the role of Transpersonal Psychology in the development of global processes?
- What do we mean by the word “spirituality”?
- Do spirituality and religiosity differ, and if so how?
- What is the significance of spirituality in psychology and psychotherapy?
- Does spirituality influence creative thinking, and if so how?
- Does creative thinking and activity promote spirituality, and if so how?
- Are the spiritual and the material the same or opposite?
- Are spirituality and modern science compatible?
- What is the interconnection between spirituality and creativity?
- What is the scientific research on creativity?
- How is creativity experienced in altered states of consciousness and everyday life?
- Are there factors that promote or inhibit creativity?
- What are manifestations of creativity from antiquity to the present day?
- Are we experiencing an economic crisis or a spiritual crisis, or both?
- What is the fundamental nature of consciousness?
- What does research on brain function and other branches of science reveal about consciousness and the spiritual dimension to the human mind?
- Does mind extend beyond the physical body? What lies beyond “I”?
- How do we achieve that deep transformation in our being which yields a profound sense of unity and harmony?
- Is what we call the ‘unconscious’ actually an aspect of the path towards the spiritual core of our being?
- What psychological insights can we discern in the world’s great spiritual and mystical traditions?
- How have the arts explored the transpersonal realms of experience and expanded our access to higher states of consciousness?
- Do the spiritual traditions stand to gain through dialogue with scientific and psychological research into the nature of self and human potential?
- Is it all just wishful thinking… delusions beyond our ‘status’ as mere humans in a meaningless cosmos…?
- the nature of consciousness and its relation to the brain
- possibilities of consciousness beyond the brain
- the psychology of self and higher states of being
- creativity and transformation
- psychological models and spiritual maps
- the psychological basis of spiritual and mystical practices
- the dialogue between science and mysticism
NARCISSISME – L’EGO, SES ILLUSIONS ET LE SPIRITUEL
Les 15 et 16 septembre 2012 animé par Ingo B. JAHRSETZ à Paris
|Ce séminaire apportera des informations détaillées sur les symptômes du narcissisme clinique et leurs psycho-dynamiques. Il sera également question de comment le phénomène narcissique peut être mal interprété en tant que découverte transpersonnelle, comment les expériences transpersonnelles peuvent cacher les blessures narcissiques, et quel chemin peut-on prendre pour guérir de cette blessure du cœur fermé.|
SUPERVISION AVEC BERNADETTE BLIN
1er regroupement en septembre 2012 animé par Bernadette BLIN à Saint Ouen l’Aumône
|Bernadette Blin propose une supervision dans une perspective transpersonnelle et gestaltiste à raison d’une demie- journée par mois de septembre à juin. Etudes de cas, analyse de la pratique, du transfert et du contre-transfert, travail sur les problématiques personnelles en situation professionnelle … Pour plus d’informations contactez-nous au 01 30 37 17 31|
LA “BOITE A OUTILS” DU THERAPEUTE TRANSPERSONNEL
Les 27 et 28 octobre 2012 animé par Alexandra Raffin-Koopman à Paris
|L’outil ne fait certes pas l’artisan mais c’est avec lui qu’il crée et fait émerger la forme… Un séminaire pour tout thérapeute qui ressent le besoin d’enrichir sa panoplie d’outils pour ajuster toujours plus précisément son accompagnement en individuel ou en groupe. … téléphone au 01 30 37 17 31.|
Beyond 2012: Towards a Planetary Consciousness
Wrekin Forum Annual Round TableHawkwood College Painswick Old Road, Stroud, Glos, GL6 7QW
21 – 23 September 2012
An invitation to all associates and friendsWe warmly invite you to join our Annual Round Table to be held at Hawkwood College on 21-23 September 2012. Each year, by coming together, we share our current life experience with kindred spirits as did the Arthurian knights of old. By doing so we can encourage each other and collectively shine a greater light into our changing world. 2012 seems to be a year that is marking a shift from one era to another. For many it is involving great intensity and a clearing of the old to make way for the new, which may feel a little like the Herculean talk of ‘cleaning the Augean stables’. At the same time many are experiencing a glimpse of a shift towards a more ‘planetary consciousness’. Maybe this is the year in which we both clear away the ‘old’ and also welcome the new vision which is emerging. We are told by many teachers that the next thirteen-year cycle will be momentous in its implications for the future of life on planet earth, and that each of us is being asked to live from deeper levels of our being and work to make the invisible visible through everything we do. Maybe it is for groupings like Wrekin to grasp what is involved in being a ‘collective Messiah’ and extend our consciousness to higher dimensions of being. As in previous years we will aim to weave together opportunities to learn from others and also to share our own experiences and insights. To mark the recent re-publication of Sir George Trevelyan’s three books, Janice Dolley and David Lorimer will offer a resume of his inspirations that underpinned the formation of Wrekin Trust and which it is now the responsibility of our generation to realise in today’s world. And, because it is today’s young people who will be the ones to live into the planetary consciousness now emerging, we will be joined on Saturday afternoon by a group of young people, including students of Waldorf College in Stroud, as we engage in an inter-generational world cafe, and explore what this feels like, what is asked of us, and how can we work together on this unfoldment. There will also be an opportunity, for those of us who would like to contribute, to share our creative gifts of song, poetry, dance, story-telling, or the visual arts, on the theme of Planetary Consciousness. For further information, please contact: Antonia Holbourn Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 01452 840033 For further information, please contact: Antonia Holbourn Email: email@example.com Phone: 01452 840033
The Findhorn College Newsletter July 2012“A man who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” Albert Einstein
Like us on Facebook – we love to connect and share!www.facebook.com/FindhornCollege Wishing you all a great summer! Your Findhorn College Team Findhorn Foundation College The Park, Findhorn Forres IV36 3TZ Scotland, U.K Tel: +44 (0)1309 690806 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope to see you at the Latvia EUROTAS Conference!
No. 66 - 04-04-2012
No. 66 - 04-04-2012
1. A Letter from our President
2. A Note from the Editor
3. EUROTAS Transpersonal Conference in Latvia, 20-23 09 2012
4. Perspectives Gathering on April 1st 2012
5. The Wrekin Forum: Matthew Fox Seminars
6. Video News from the Association for Transp. Psychology (ATP)
7. Beyond the Mind a new book by Pier Luigi Lattuada
8. The Shamanic Way
9. News from Contemplative Fire
10. The SOL European Forum
11. The Dalai Lama in the UK 19 June Albert Hall
12. Sesame Research
13. News from Findhorn
14. News from GRETT in FRANCE
15. News from Luxembourg
16. Last Wordswww.transpersonal.lv from the beginning of January, 2012 in Latvian, English and Russian languages. In registering for the conference, we advise you to use the bank account, opened for us by the EUROTAS board member and Treasurer Dr. Dietrich Franke in Freiburg. As always we plan to have lectures, workshops and discussions during the day, and there will be different creative cultural events in the evenings. Also we are going to integrate creativity in all the process to make this conference like a real piece of art itself! Your registration now will help us a lot. If you need any assistance in registering or planning your pre- or post- conference stay in Latvia, please feel free to contact our coordinator Inese Berzina email@example.com and we will do our best to help you. Latvia is a transpersonal country and there are many places, where you can increase your spiritual energy before or after the conference as well! See below for further details Best wishes Ingrida Indane EUROTAS 2012 Conference: “Spirituality and Creativity” 20-23 September at the Baltic Beach Hotel, Jurmala, Latvia Welcome! Registration of presenters through May 31 By April 30 – best registration, lowest fee! www.transpersonal.lv Preconference seminar: Connie Miller “Soul drama”, September 17, in Jelgava Narkological Clinics – Post conference seminars:
- Vitor Rodrigues “Regression Therapy”, September 24-25, in Riga.
- Steven Schmitz and Pier Luigi Lattuada “Shamanic Ways of Transformation”, September 24-25 is planned in a hostel near Augstroze Lake in Vidzeme.
- provide an invaluable investment in the transpersonal movement and in the scientific understanding of Transpersonal Psychology
- strengthen the conviction that spirituality and creativity is an integral part of contemporary life.
- What do we all have in common as a world community?
- What is distinctive in our cultural needs?
- How can we speak about spirituality and creativity, while retaining a scientific approach to these phenomena?
- What is the mission of Transpersonal Psychology in everyday life and today’s culture?
- What is the role of Transpersonal Psychology in the development of global processes?
- What do we mean by the word “spirituality”?
- Do spirituality and religiosity differ, and if so how?
- What is the significance of spirituality in psychology and psychotherapy?
- Does spirituality influence creative thinking, and if so how?
- Does creative thinking and activity promote spirituality, and if so how?
- Are the spiritual and the material the same or opposite?
- Are spirituality and modern science compatible?
- What is the interconnection between spirituality and creativity?
- What is the scientific research on creativity?
- How is creativity experienced in altered states of consciousness and everyday life?
- Are there factors that promote or inhibit creativity?
- What are manifestations of creativity from antiquity to the present day?
- Are we experiencing an economic crisis or a spiritual crisis, or both?
- Latvian writer Sudraba Edžus has a well-known story about Crazy Dauka – a boy who wanted to reach the place where the sky and the sea meet, to get to know what is beyond…
- Our conference will take place at the Baltic seacoast. The sea is a symbol of unity, wisdom, depth, and new challenges.
Associate Organisations present events with international teacher, radical theologian, and spiritual activist
Friday 6 April-Saturday 7 April at St Agnes Church, North Reddish, ManchesterFri 2 pm: The Crucifixion and Resurrection of the Planet
Fri 7.30 pm: The Crucifixion and Resurrection of the Cosmic Christ
Sat 10.00 am – 4.00 pm Day Workshop: Spirituality in the 21st Century
Contact Clive: firstname.lastname@example.org, 077899 15263
Monday 9 April 7.45 pm Public Lecture at Universal Hall, Findhorn, NE Scotland
Our Emergence into Christ Consciousness: An Imperative for Our Time
part of the Into Christ Consciousness conference
Contact: www.thebooth.co.uk or 01309 690110
Wednesday 11 April 7.00-8.30 pm Public Lecture and Book Signing
The Marriage of the Sacred Masculine with the Divine Feminine
at Alternatives, St James’s Church, Piccadilly, London
Contact: 020 7287 6711, www.alternatives.org.uk
The Wrekin Forum is a project of the Wrekin Trust an educational charity concerned with the spiritual nature of humanity and the universe registered under the Charities Act 1960, No 262303, supported by voluntary contributionshttp://itp.givezooks.com/events/online-conference The videos include the keynote speakers (Roger Walsh, M.D., Ph.D., James Fadiman, Ph.D., Robert Frager, Ph.D., and Shauna Shapiro, Ph.D.), some of the workshops and presentations, the Editorial Panel (editors from the Journal of Humanistic Psychology, the International Journal of Transpersonal Studies, the Journal of Transpersonal Psychology, and Revision: A Journal of Consciousness and Transformation) and the “Weaver Panel” (Rosemarie Anderson, Ph.D., Brant Cortright, Ph.D., and Paul Roy, Ph.D.) which helped to weave together the Conference at the end. holotropospublishing holotropos-Verlag Regina Beller Johann-Sebastian-Bach-Str.10 D-77654 Offenburg Germany Tel.: +49 (0)781 41215 e-Mail: email@example.com www.quietgarden.org should you have received this already, please forgive duplication. Warmly Philip Philip Roderick Contemplative Fire 0114 262 0655 www.contemplativefire.org Reg Charity No: 1106392 http://www.solsweden.org/ TOWARDS A NEW REALITY – TRANSFORMATION OF ORGANIZATIONS AND VALUES Register Now! Visit www.solsweden.org/sol-european-forum-2012/ for info and to register for the Forum. Peter Senge, Barrett C Brown, Anders Wijkman, Johan Rockström, Kajsa Balkfors, Alain de Vulpian, Tor Eneroth, Katarina Chowra, Göran Gennvi, and more will be there to share and inspire. Welcome to Stockholm and The SoL European Forum May 21st – 23rd 2012 – to explore the TRANSFORMATION OF VALUES AND ORGANIZATIONS IN A NEW REALITY! The toxic influence of our collapsing economic system is being felt across business, the environment and our society. A more human-centred capitalism is emerging to replace it, driven not from above, but by people from all levels and sectors – How can we contribute to the systemic change going on in organizations, business and society at large (economy, ecology, politics?)? – Is there a need for a new generation of leadership? – How can we, as a SoL community, engage our collective intelligence to address today’s challenging issues? SoL Sweden, on behalf of The Society for Organizational Learning is delighted to invite you to participate in this SoL European Forum in the beautiful surroundings of Stockholm, in order to explore the shift taking place in Europe now in cultural, ecological and economic fields and its challenge for our corporations and societies. We strongly believe that you are part of the next generation of leadership and welcome you to explore and co-create the new reality at The SoL European Forum 2012 from a perspective of Organizational Learning and Systemic change! The Forum is open to everyone, SoL members (at a reduced cost) and non-members. Welcome to contact Elisabeth Nyberg/Christer Evans (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further questions! Event Owner: Annika Bergenheim (Coordinator – Program manager SoL Sweden at SoL – Society for Organizational Learning)
Manchester Arena, Manchester
|Stand Up and Be the Change An event for young people on the theme of non-violence. With special musical guests.||Saturday 16th June 13:30 – 16:00 (tbc)|
|Real Change Happens in the Heart Public talk suitable for all.||Sunday 17th June 13:30 – 15:30|
|Buddhist Teachings Three sessions exploring Langri Thangpa’s “Eight Verses of Training the Mind” and Nagarjuna’s “In Praise of Dharmadhatu”. For those with an interest in Buddhist thought.|
Royal Albert Hall, LondonReal Change Happens in the Heart Public talk suitable for all. The public talks in Manchester and London are two separate talks sharing a common theme. Hosted by Tibet House Trust and Tibetan Community in Britain. Tuesday 19th June 14:00 – 16:30
ScotlandPlease visit www.dalailamascotland.org for details on His Holiness’ Scotland visit. 22nd / 23rd June
SESAME RESEARCH EVENING Explorations Across the Pond
An evening of Play, Research and Discussion with David Read Johnson (Ph.D)
- What are the connections between the seemingly different approaches to dramatherapy of Sesame and Developmental Transformations (DvT)?
- What unites Sesame’s oblique, non-verbal and non-interpretative approach, with its emphasis on myth and ancient stories, with the seemingly direct and verbal encounters in DvT, where interpretations abound in ‘the now’ of the existential moment?
- May such differences be based partly on geographical factors i.e a more traditional/historical British approach which values archetypes and myth versus the more contemporary, brash and provocative world of American improvisation?
No. 65 - 05-01-2012
No. 65 - 05-01-2012
- This scholarship is open only to EUROTAS members. Applicants will need to provide proof of EUROTAS membership (individual membership or Faculty, student or staff of a EUROTAS member institution qualifies). The scholarship does not apply to spouses or dependants of EUROTAS members.
- The scholarship is available only to non-residents of the USA.
- Applicants will need to satisfy all regular ITP admissions policies and procedures, as well as all lTP academic standards and policies.
- The scholarship is an automatic 25% reduction in tuition (the scholarship recipient will pay 75% of regular program tuition). It will be available for qualified applicants for the life of their degree program as long as they maintain satisfactory academic progress toward an ITP degree.
Trans-Form‘Embody Knowingness’ Building Community, Discovering Coherence, Creating New Life Experience Friday 24th to Sunday 26th February 2012 A Residential Weekend of Conscious Evolution and Emergence at Croydon Hall, near Minehead, Somerset We are delighted to be associated with this event and invite you to join us The vision is to start 2012 as a year of purposeful action, where BEING oneself is not only about self transformation, but BECOMING living awareness. Consciousness moving as Self, bringing clear vision of a New You, that is ready and already emerging. At a time where crisis appears, our recognition is that Evolution is all that is taking place. The only decision is will it be one of chance, or conscious choice. An exploration into the inherent qualities of Being in deepening discovery, activation and integration. Diving into the deep we will embody knowingness and Commune, Connect and Communicate our deepening understanding. Evolving the field of experience to serve all beings.
- Join with other inspired individuals who hear the Call of the new – building community in hearts and souls meeting.
- Discover coherence through shared experience and re-cognition of what has Real Value, Meaning and Purpose.
- Consciously create new life experience individually and collectively through the willingness to transform and embody knowingness.
- Creating a field of Emergence through finer discernment and self-unfolding.
- Activating Real Living Potential to be brought through the Heart Space and given creative expression as YOU.
- Ensuite shared twin £220 (£60 registration, £160 full board)
- shared twin with shared bathroom £200 (£60 registration, £140 full board)
- dorm type £190 (£60 registration, £130 full board)
- some single rooms available (please ask for details)